Quilting with embroidered snowflakes or stars

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
3 Posts
Points 105
Sue posted on Fri, Jan 28 2011 1:59 PM

I am working on a UFO kit that I have had for several years.   Through working on this quilt I have really learned the blanket stitch (love it) and how to work with felt.    The quilting instructions for this very cute quilt say: "Quilt as desired.   Our model qas quilted using a modified 'tie' method.  We drew small stars all over each of the blocks, and stitched through all the layers as we stitched over the stars."    I would like to quilt the quilt as shown but cannot find anywhere how to stitch stars or snowflakes.    Can anyone help? !

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
Female
243 Posts
Points 6,220

thechampneys@comcast.net:
I would like to quilt the quilt as shown but cannot find anywhere how to stitch stars or snowflakes.    Can anyone help? !

It sounds a little like the chicken scratch "snowflake" kind of star that is hand embroidered.   If you think that could be what your model shows, you could do a google search on "chicken scratch" and there are alot of good instructions available.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 28 2011 2:22 PM

If your machine does embroidery you can hoop the quilt and use your embroidery unit.   Find a simple design that is just single line and it works great.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
3 Posts
Points 105
Sue replied on Sat, Jan 29 2011 11:11 AM

I looked this up and it looks like it is exactly what I am looking for.   Thank you.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use