Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 950
Magz Tudor Posted: Fri, Jan 21 2011 9:20 AM

I was able to upload some pics of the last 3 quilts I finished this year. I'll upload more soon!

Magz in WV
Semper Fi!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,835

If that a Voyager machine ?? And i see the box under the table matches the box I have here....LOL

what dies do you have??  Looks good..so nice & straight & tight...what batting do you use??

Susan.....

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 950

Hi Susan!
Yes that is my voyager/hinterberg stretch setup. I bought it used on craigslist last year! What a find for me! I've only been sewing with it since this past summer. I think I want to invest in the SLR, I'm getting frustrated with some of the patterns I want to learn and  not having the SLR is making it difficult!
 The Accuquilt Go was my Christmas present to me this year. The only die I have right now (other than the one it came with) is the 2.5 inch strip die. That one seemd to be the one I would use most. I've been using warm and natural 80/20 most of the time. I like the way it makes the quilt feel after a number of washings, really soft and supple! I've purchase heirloom, but I have not yet used it. My longarmer friend loves it!  What do you like to use?  I have found that 'so fine' thread works beautifully in the machine, I have not tried metallics yet,

Magz in WV
Semper Fi!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 10:08 AM

Magz

I love your quilts.  They are all very pretty.   I also love the walls in your home.....gorgeous.  I really like Quilter's Dream batting.  It is my favorite....feels almost like a really nice fleece when it comes out of the package.  Most of what I have used has been their 100% cotton and it works up so nicely.   I have used the Warm and Natural but I like Quilter's Dream even better. 

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,835

As far as dies.. I have the 3" triangles..&  the original one... I wish you could use Joanns coupons on them & I would have alot more...I do not know if I will get any of the strips.but a few on my list to get are Blazing Stars, Circles, Hearts, Funky Flowers & Triangles in 3" Square.

I buy warm & natural  80/20 108" by the bolt of 40 yards... I have a tax ID # & can  get it wholesale from CA..dropped shipped to my house...My favorite threads to use have been the variegated ones..they add so much to a quilt.

Right now I am using my Bernina ( 440) with the stitch regulator on an Inspira Frame. I have found many ways to use it even though I have only about 8'"of quilting room.  But sometime this year I will upgrade to an HQ 16 or Avante 18 and the Studio frame. I like the Voyager too.  

I have a very small quilting business & it is growing...I do not advertise..just references....you know how that works..they just keep coming back for more. I did over 50 quilts last year.

With all the show & tell of My sewing room/studio.. it has led me to rearrange & clean the sewing room...I have created a mess.. but have found alot of things that i wonder why I put it there moments occur.  I am on day 4 of this process.. kinda like moving day.. chos before the calm.

Susan.....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,763
Points 365,032
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 8:42 PM

Pretty quilts Magz.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 12:39 PM

WOW the gallery is growing with so many beautiful things!  Awesome!

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use