Page 2 of 6 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 82 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:19 PM

Are we going to line up behind either Jerry or Gini in the way we keep our sewing spaces?  I'll be with Gini - I admire Jerry's - but I could never even GET mine that neat, much less keep it that way!!  Each to her own, right??  :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:31 PM

I'm currently taking over a storage room/bedroom to store my sewing things but it will never be as neet at Jerry's, even when its finished being put together. LOL

Toledo, OH

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:39 PM

gini:
If I have clutter,  I just end up thinking about how I should clean the room instead of working on my quilts

Oh Gini!!

I am so much up your ally. We truly need to meet in person. Remember my blog post Oh the chaos!!!  yep, definitely my kind of country gal.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:41 PM

Jerry,

What a wonderful studio. Some day my boys (grown boys by the way) will move out and I can invade more space.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:02 PM

Jerry,

Your Studio is wow!  I wish in my hearts of hearts that I could be as neat as you in my quilting endeavors.

It is simply another great one, and we have seen many!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:05 PM

Gini

This I can understand! I will quilt with you anyday of the week. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,902
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:11 PM

Carol:

Are we going to line up behind either Jerry or Gini in the way we keep our sewing spaces?  I'll be with Gini - I admire Jerry's - but I could never even GET mine that neat, much less keep it that way!!  Each to her own, right??  :)

Remember the "Is Jodie a Slob?" thread? I'm right there with Gini.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:17 PM

Jerry your studio looks great! I wish that I had more room for table space, right now I am using a card table to use for the iron space/cutting. I have my great grandmothers  desk that I use to have my sewing machine on.  My mom and grandmother have one of the old wooden desk/cabinets that were hand crafted for the sewing machine to go inside. They are from the 50's and my mom said that I could have hers later on. We don't have any other place for me to put my great-grandmothers desk and I of course don't want to throw it out (even though I wish I had one that was bigger). So for those reasons I won't be purchasing new ones.

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,835

Can I be an in-between  ?????   My space is not like either one... LOL 

Susan.....

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

OK I must admit...I am much like Jerry. If I go into my sewing room and find things out of order I clean before I sew. Jerry...are we freaks? My family says I am OCD!!! could it be true?

Gini...while I LOVE your stash and am quite envious of it and would love to come play in it I think you would find me babbling in the corner if I had to try and sew in your space  ROFLMBO

I love that we area all soooo very different and that is what makes our quilts so unique as well.

BTW I can't wait to post pics of my new sewing space! DH has done a great job with my new "toys"

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 7:15 AM

Rhonda,

I agree with you about my work space.  I am OCD about some things.  When I worked my work area was always neat and tidy.  I was famous for going through exam rooms and cleaning out the clutter.  My desk was always tidy before I went home.  Some things just have to be in order.  My SheCave is small...one thing out of place and it is confusion and chaos for me.  Can't wait to see your new space.  Fun, Fun, Fun.

Cindy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,110
Points 14,290
Dawn replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 7:31 AM

I love both Jerry and Gini's studios!  If I have to stand in line behind one of them, though, I couldn't, I think I would have to stand in the middle, as I like most stuff in it's place, but can handle it if it is not all in it's place!  :-)  ( if that makes sense, and I usually don't !) absolutely LOVE  seeing everyone's studios!  So much fun!!!!! 

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 161
Points 5,250
Jerry replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 8:49 AM

I'm laughing out loud...me or Gini...ROFL. You all are TOO much. It doesn't matter what your space looks like, the point is to go to your space (whether it be a card table or a building designated for your studio) and CREATE! It's about the process not the area you sew in. I remember when I had a tiny bedroom to sew in. I used what I had and made it work. I cranked out lots of stuff because I allowed myself to take risks creatively. Didn't matter WHERE I was. If you have even a card table, make it yours. It's YOUR space to get away and have fun! NOW GO QUILT, PEOPLE! (Can you tell I was in the military? LOL)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Jerry --- all I can say is WOW!  This is such a nice airy space that you have created!  Love your wall color and the fresh look of all the white.  And NEAT!!!  I hate to sound sexest but it is so neat for a guy's space.  Mine has a long way to go.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,835

Okay-- as an in-between... what i want is all of the above.  The space and tables in Jerry's room and all the fabric in Gini's room.

Susan.....

• | Post Points: 35
Page 2 of 6 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use