Page 3 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 60 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,262
Points 254,189
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 6:12 PM

Oh Kris that really ..sucks, I hope you have a guiet weekend and don't have to get out...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 320
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 6:20 PM

We only got about 10 inches of snow here in mokane, missouri overnight, Supposed to get real cold, down to about 0 tonight, Now I have a 4 day weekend, School was cancelled for today and already cancelled for tomorrow. Maybe I'll finally get started on a quilt again.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,262
Points 254,189
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 6:24 PM

Hi  Ally  I was just listening to the weather and now they are saying about  1\2in on Friday and 4 more inches on Sat night and into Sunday . Okay enough already . I know lets send it all to  Gini, she likes the snow....Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 357
Points 2,480
Heather replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 6:34 PM
This is off topic but are you a nurse or something Kris, to be on call? Just curious...
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,974
Points 384,322
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:02 PM

Heather,

I'm a CT technologist. I'm on call Monday nights and one weekend per month. This is my weekend and I really dislike s**w.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 320
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:41 PM

I agree lets send it somewhere, I'm already tired of the snow. They are calling for more of the stuff here as well and the cold to go with it!!:(

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,835

Ally........ where are you???

I am in Nebraska... listened to the weather...we have had 15" of snow...then another *8" ...guess what is predicted for this weekend....another 6"

Susan.....

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 320
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:57 PM

Hi I live in Central Missouri , we got 9 inches of snow last night and now they are predicting more for this weekend. All the weatherman will say is accumulating snow, no amounts yet predicted. I'm ready for spring to get here!!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 365
Points 4,075
Liz K replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:38 PM

heard on the news tonight that Alaska is warmer than central US - 20 degrees.  I am in central Iowa and wind chill is now about -20 actual temp -5 expected low -10.  Thank God for wood stoves and central heating.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,262
Points 254,189
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:40 PM

Liz I thought it was cold here in Missouri ,but that is cold ...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

I swear the kids in our community are going to be the dumbest kids in America....we got a dusting last night and they cancelled school AGAIN. They didn't have school all week last week. No school on Monday this week. One hour delay on Tuesday and now no school today...Oh and no school Thur and Fri week before they missed a whole week.

I know driving a bus on the hills can be difficult but geez!!! These kids need an education...their hillybilly words/slang is bad enough...the don't stand a chance now!

hehehehe

Not only that...I am sick to death of hearing "I'm bored"

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,262
Points 254,189
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 10:52 AM

Oh Rhonda , life of a mother with a teenager,been there..LOL  I feel your pain. gee she would love being at my house I'm so snowed in that I haven't been out of the house  since Wed, and My car is so buried by the snow plows it will take me awhile to get it out. good thing I stocked up ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 365
Points 4,075
Liz K replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 12:04 PM

Sounds like the school I went to.  When I was a kid they rarely canceled - except the week we got a huge ice storm.  Our farm was without electricity for over a week.  My dad made me stay with my Aunt who lived in a nearby town.  I wanted so much to stay in the hotel with him and my brothers.

My kids attended the school for one year.  It seemed that every time it even threatened to snow they delayed.  I think the bus drivers were wimps.  One was my cusion (where's the spell check here?).  They guys in our town used to give him a hard time about the cancelations.

You could always tell your kids if they are bored they could clean, do laundry, etc.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,835

here in Grand Island ,NE  a small snow squall left us with another 1" or 2" of snow last night.   And more on the way on Sat. 

I also have a teenager at home...but she graduated Dec. 16.... and now off to college here locally..which means she is in & out alot. Diff days Diff schedule.  I can't seemto get them straight she only started on Jan. 10  and a couple of those days..classes were cancelled.  So when she moves out-- it will be the empty nest for me.

Susan.....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,262
Points 254,189
Barbara replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 4:46 AM

OH Joy Joy <We have just been placed under another  Winter Weather Advisory, for 6pm today unitl 6pm Sunday evening. I just did get my car out from the last snow fall. another 3 to 6 ins of snow...Can I scream now  ahhhhhhhhh..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 3 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use