Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter Posted: Sun, Jan 16 2011 12:44 PM

Good afternoon everyone.My name is Zeba and I want to thank you all for the nice replys and for asking me to introduce myself.  I'm new to the concept of posting messages, so sorry if I don't follow the conversations very well.  It's all kinda confusing!  :)

I have been quilting for about 7 years now, and last August had a new addition to our family...My purple Gammill Vision long arm!  I have very much enjoyed working on it, and am completely addicted!  I have finaly reached a point in which I am willing to quilt for others, so I've been busy with my local quilt guild and trying to figure out ways of reaching out to other quilters.  Speaking of which, if anyone has any advice as to how to go about reaching quilters I would so much appreciate any and all advice!

In my full-time world I own a home daycare and have 2 wonderful part-time assistants.  Things have kinda slowed down in the daycare, which is allowing me to spend a few hours every day working on the long arm.  The kids in my daycare all enjoy sewing projects, making small quilts, bags and wall hangings.  One little fellow told me when he gets older he wants a small machine like the one we sew on, but not one like the big purple one!

I am looking forward to making some nice friends on this site and having fellow quilters to chat with.  I'm sure my husband and sons will also be happy...and a little bit relieved!  :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 16 2011 12:54 PM

Hi Zebra, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 16 2011 12:55 PM

I'm sorry Zeba.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,725
Points 419,764
gini replied on Sun, Jan 16 2011 1:31 PM

hi zeba,   i would love to see some of your quilts when you get everything figured out here.  a gammill vision!! you are a lucky girl    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Hi Leslie

Ya know, I have had many a child call me Zebra too!  LOL  Not to worry!  :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Hi Gini

Wow, love your avatar.  I love the look of snow.  I will definately post some pictures of my work...as soon as I figure out how!  :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Welcome Zeba.  What an unusual name.  My ex had an aunt named Reba.  Hope you are able to figure things out here quickly and make yourself a gallery so we can enjoy your quilts.  There is a group of gals from here that are planning a retreat in the Des Moines area in the Fall.  You might want to check that out.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Welcome Zeba...do you mind me asking where you live? It is great to have you! My best advice for figuring things out is to keep plugging along. Eventually it will all make sense.

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 357
Points 2,480
Heather replied on Sun, Jan 16 2011 5:32 PM
Hi Zeba! I am new to the site too and already have gotten involved in so many activities. Hope you will join us! I am looking forward to getting to know you and sharing our quilting stories :).
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,213
Points 253,449
Barbara replied on Sun, Jan 16 2011 6:23 PM

Zeba, welcome to the club, You will love it here, It's a great plaec and we love sharing and chatting . Hope you will enjoy yor time with us ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,927
Points 383,337
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 17 2011 12:38 AM

Welcome Zeba.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Mon, Jan 17 2011 1:29 AM

Welcome Zeba

You will absolutely love it here! everyone is very nice and helpful. And you have a LA! How cool. Sometimes people look for others that want them to quilt for them so you can advertise your services there! iTS CALLed the Marketplace and people buy/sell things there so I would think you could sell your services there also. We love to see each other quilts that we make its such eye candy for us so please post some in the gallery when you have time. Enjoy your time here and don't be afraid to ask ? 

Marlene

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Hi.  I just wanted to thank everyone for the very nice welcome.  I think it is so true when they say quilters are probably the nicest and friendliest people on the planet!  I'm looking forward to being a regular here and learning a lot about all of you.  I think this must be a great place to learn more tips and to be inspired by all the lovely quilts!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Hi Rhonda.  You know, funny thing...right now my hardest thing is trying to figure out how to respond to the postings!!!  LOL 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Hi Heather.  I was just wondering, what kind of activities are there?  Are there any charity quilting events etc?

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use