What Quilt pattern should I use?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
6 Posts
Points 195
bjc posted on Fri, Jan 14 2011 5:39 PM

I'm new to these forums so here's my question.  We recently made a trip to Canada and Alaska and I picked up several fabrics to make a quilt.  I need help as to what pattern I should use to show off these fabrics any suggestions?

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,270 Posts
Points 35,195

Welcome to QCA,   You really should not have your email address in your header, there are people who are not members who view the boards.  You can change this in your profile.

As for your question if you will post a picture of the fabrics, you will get a ton of advice.  Then it will boil down to what do you want to do with it. 

Granny M

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,418 Posts
Points 415,829
gini replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:35 PM

hi gbc, and welcome to the group.   what fun, did you drive to alaska and canada?  

i love these questions.    could we see a picture of your fabric please?   that will make it so much easier to help you.     depending on how big the pattern is.   you can put the fabric in a center of a star and use co-ordinating colors for the points.   there were some nice examples of some easy quilts posted in the show and tell gallery.   i'm sorry i can't remember right off the  top of my head who posted them, but they're long wide strips sewn together. they showed of the fabric nicely.   how experienced are you?  that makes a difference what kind of pattern to recommend, too.   

i hope you enjoy it here, and i hope we can see pics of your fabric and do you have any of the beautiful scenery on  your trip?    gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
6 Posts
Points 195
bjc replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 9:56 AM

Thanks Granny for the advice.  I changed my name.  I'll get a picture of all the fabrics as soon as I can. 

Bjc

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
6 Posts
Points 195
bjc replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 10:01 AM

Hi gini.  Thanks for replying.  Yes, we drove with our 5th wheel trailer and took 2 months.  We want to go again.  We came through Idaho on our way home. Have friends in Emmett.  I'm trying to get a pic of the fabrics.  None of them are large prints.  I've made several easy quilts and have been sewing for 40 yrs.  So I do have experience.  I'll get the pics soon.  Thanks for the advise.   Bjc

Not Ranked
Female
2 Posts
Points 25

Castilleja Cotton has several mountain and wilderness quilt patterns.  See the attached link. http://www.castillejacotton.com/xcart/Wilderness-Quilt-Patterns/

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,418 Posts
Points 415,829
gini replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 5:26 PM

hi diane and welcome.  we've been talking about seeing calgary, now i know of a nice quilt shop to go to   gini

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use