Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today!

Page 639 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 637 638 639 640 641 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Wed, Jul 7 2010 8:19 PM | Locked

Chocake - have fun playing in the dirt tomorrow.  I love your artistic pants but hope you are not going digging in the dirt in white??

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Wed, Jul 7 2010 8:29 PM | Locked

Glad to know you're doing better, Kris! You need to be ready for the get-together some of you have planned! I hope you ladies have a grand time & - as others have said - take pictures!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Jul 7 2010 9:15 PM | Locked

Eileen~

I'm bringing my camera so there will be a photo trail of our adventure. This is so much fun! Can't wait to meet Kris and Marie.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,738
Points 419,874
gini replied on Wed, Jul 7 2010 9:45 PM | Locked

i finally made it far enough back to see the dinos.   great pants, chocake, are they for work?      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 8:33 AM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
I'm bringing my camera so there will be a photo trail of our adventure. This is so much fun! Can't wait to meet Kris and Marie.

I almost feel like I am going on the adventure with the 3 of you!  In spirit any way.  Looking forward to the pictures!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 9:02 AM | Locked

Kathy D:
rules about 3 oz of liquid or less

Yup - I held up the line at Logan Airport because I forgot that I had crammed my partial bottle of water into my backpack when we got off the shuttle bus.   At Logan was the first time I had one of the total body scan.  Kinda fun

CC- Go to your airlines or airport website and I think you can find all of the dos and don'ts.  By the way - what kind of bird is that in your current avatar?  You are changing that so often now, we have to stay on our toes. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 9:22 AM | Locked

Well coming back from the Turks and Caicos Islands..we purchased some locally made tequila and rum and these really cool pirate bottles for our friends back home..hubby said lets put it in our carryon so it doesn't get broken..NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT THE FLUID RESTRICTIONS!!! were we pissed when they took them both and threw them in the garbage...I'm sure someone took them home at the end of the shift!...then when we got into the super crowded supper hot airport hubby had a panic attack cuz of the crowds of people..there more people than there was room for and we were all pushed against each other as there were 3 large planes leaving within 1/2 hour of each other...not the best start but we will remember the fluid restrictions next time I tell you!!

Another scorcher today at 93 plus the humidity makes it feel like 110..wow!! thank goodness we have the lake to jump into to keep cool...plus my basement studio is a blessing too!!

Ontario, Canada

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 9:40 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
I held up the line at Logan Airport

Logan has you practically strip to get through security.  It is interesting how the levels of security differ even in one country.  We are thinking about getting Nexus cards to speed up immigration.  Anyone done that - do you have to jump through hoops?

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 9:59 AM | Locked

Kathy D:
Logan has you practically strip to get through security

Not sure this will get through but---------  Also what is a Nexus card Kathy?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 10:01 AM | Locked

Sorry if I offended anyone with my last post but really this is what we are coming to at the airports.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 10:14 AM | Locked

Howling with laughter and most definitely not offended.

A Nexus card allows you to skip the main line at immigration as you have already been pre screened as a 'safe traveller'.  It is quicker and I believe requires an iris scan.  You can also go through a quicker line when driving over the border.  There is an application and interview process plus a fee.  For people who travel a lot it saves a lot of time.  We recently crossed to WA from British Columbia and we spent 90 minutes waiting to cross the border.  The Nexus line was swift and practically no line up.  Just curious if anyone has the car which likely only applies to my Canadian friends.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 10:23 AM | Locked

Kathy the card is for US and Canadian citizens...I (still being English after 35 years of living in Canada) still have to get an I-64 or I-94...I can never remember which one it is...the borders here are not too bad to get across..the worst ever was 1 hour wait in the car and that was July 1 and July 4...bad time to cross the borders

Ontario, Canada

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 10:24 AM | Locked

Marie:

Kathy D:
Logan has you practically strip to get through security

Not sure this will get through but---------  Also what is a Nexus card Kathy?

I don't think I would travel if I had to wear that at the airport...LOL...definately no offense taken here, Marie

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 10:40 AM | Locked

Now I know what a Nexus card is, thank you.  I also know I haven't offended two people.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 10:41 AM | Locked

Too Funny Marge!! Thank you for starting my day with a laugh! I lo-o-ove the socks!

Gee...I don't even have a passport! I suppose that  I'll have to think about getting one so I can pop north and meet Kathy, Huh? Needless to say, I doubt I have any need for a Nexus card...

Kathy I won't be going out to play in the dirt t'il next week. But, Yeah, I might wear my pants for that, If I decide they are done. A little dust, and a few smooshed bugs, might be just the thing to really make them pop! Besides, I sure ain't gonna wear 'em to a cocktail party! 'Might as well get some use out of them somehow.

Today I am making a pecan pie for our little misplaced southern gal at the lab. She grew up near Dallas, interned in Salt Lake and now she's living in a town with a population of 27 (counting herself)! She's had a bit of culture shock and needs some serious comfort food. Thankfully I have a big bag of Texas Pecans laying around...  :D 

Kris, I sure hope you're on the mend! We're down to 2 days and counting for the first official meeting of the East Coast Bucken-ears! I'm so excited!  Are you gonna have t-sshirts made to co-memorate the event?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 639 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 637 638 639 640 641 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use