Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today!

Page 477 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 475 476 477 478 479 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, May 3 2010 4:53 PM | Locked

I'm home from the big town, with most of the groc put away. Now I have time to sit and actually read posts.

Thea, it must have been awful to loose your home to a fire. I was thinking  how very fortunate we are that we are not living in a cardboard box today. It'd be hard to have to explain to the landlord that we crispy-fried his house. The irony is that just before we moved here, the previous  tenant (a firefighter!) got careless with the fireplace and destroyed the whole front half of the house.  It's because of his mishap that I have a gorgious new kitchen and pay very little rent!  The former tenant was sued by the insurance company, who proved negligence, and he's gonna end up paying on this house for at least another 10 years! Isn't that Awful!? Poor guy...   :(  Hate to think what would have happened if Jr's breakfast hadn't self-extinguished.

We bought a new microwave today. Hubby insists that as long as the old one still functions, I'm wasting money, but I feel safer replacing it.

I just got the flier from the Janome dealer about the new machines today. Maybe I'll get to check those out later this week, if i have time while hubby has his check-up.

I behaved so well today and avoided chocolate ...and then I got here and started reading posts. ARGH!!

Oh! The froggy quilt arrived at it's destination today. I had a lovely e-mail thanking me for the suprise.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Mon, May 3 2010 5:19 PM | Locked

I think the problem we have here is your name Chocake. Now if you were called Seaweed we wouldn't all be having these choc. cravings. Can you go in and change your name to Seaweed so Patti won't be eating double decker decadent delicious delectable divine delirious chocolate for breakfast?

I hope I didn't insult Judy the other day about WY. But how much snow do you get out there and Canada? Do you have a spring and summer. We have a distinct 4 seasons and snow is usually over with by the end of Mar. We've had a few whollops in April. When does your snow end?

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Mon, May 3 2010 5:22 PM | Locked

Patti:
I just had "death by chocolate" cake for breakfast, left over from company yesterday.  Had to eat it, we were out of bread for toast.

we quilter's are so inventive, making do with chocolate cake.     i think i might have to put some in the freezer for emergencies, like , no toast.    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Mon, May 3 2010 5:47 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
I hope I didn't insult Judy the other day about WY. But how much snow do you get out there and Canada? Do you have a spring and summer. We have a distinct 4 seasons and snow is usually over with by the end of Mar. We've had a few whollops in April. When does your snow end?

Soon I hope.  I have seen snow in every month except for July.  Lake Louise ski hill closed this weekend so there is hope.  I start hiking next Tuesday so the weather IS going to improve.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 600
Nightengale replied on Mon, May 3 2010 6:26 PM | Locked

Hi Ladies,

I'm up to paying bills and balancing personal and business checkbooks before the MN Twins take the field at 7pm.  I'm sitting in my 2nd floor sun porch and see 3 rabbits eating on my newly risen plants!   UUGGHHH!  Anyone have ideas on how to keep them out of my gardens?  I am unable to fence stuff in, and we have lots of kids in the neighborhood.  What can I put on or near my plants to keep the rabbits away?   Does cat hair work?  Have plenty of that!

Please advise!  Never had a rabbit problem in town before! 

While watching the Twins play, I'll be hand quilting a queen sized quilt for my husband.

Thanks,

Ann in New Prague MN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, May 3 2010 6:44 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
I think the problem we have here is your name Chocake.

LoL. We're like two little kids in the back seat, bickering about whos's fault it is...  and I just gotta say one last time:  It's Her Fault!! Blame her! SHE started it!  :D *poke*

Diane Morgan:
Now if you were called Seaweed we wouldn't all be having these choc. cravings.
Seaweed!?? Oh My. Is that how you see me? As a smelly mass of stringy gloop?   Chocolate cake is so much nicer....   Sweet and rich (Yeah, I'm not either one, but it's fun to pretend!) 

OH all right... Call me Sea Cucumber if it'll make you feel better. Sheesh!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, May 3 2010 6:47 PM | Locked

Kathy D:
  I have seen snow in every month except for July

I've got you trumped there. I've had a snowball fight on the 4th of July.  ...And I'm south of you by a couple hundred miles! 

The wind's really kicking up so I guess it won't be long before your storm gets here.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, May 3 2010 6:48 PM | Locked

Kathy and Chocake

Sorry about the snow ....  it is beautiful here with temps in the mid to high 80s.  Had to breakdown and turn on the ac.  Couldn't take the heat anymore ....  especially when it stayed in the 80s at night.  Can not sleep with those temps...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Mon, May 3 2010 7:18 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

Marie,

I sent a message to you directly yesterday. Did you get it? I went to your profile page and clicked on "start a conversatiion". Did it ever go anywhere?

Yes Diane I did get it and responded just now so check it out.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Mon, May 3 2010 7:24 PM | Locked

Chocake2, I knew they would love it.  I could see the smile on your face when you got that call.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,369
Points 242,517
Thea replied on Mon, May 3 2010 8:53 PM | Locked

Nightengale:
I'm sitting in my 2nd floor sun porch and see 3 rabbits eating on my newly risen plants!   UUGGHHH!  Anyone have ideas on how to keep them out of my gardens?

I may have forgotten but I think if you plant marigolds around your garden it not only keeps out the deer but the rabbits too - I am pretty sure that is correct but check it out.  I do know marigolds in your front garden have a way of keeping the mosquitos away - I think I was told that marigolds smell terrible to animals so deters them...

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, May 3 2010 9:17 PM | Locked

This sight offers some interesting suggestions on detering bunnies.

http://www.ifplantscouldtalk.rutgers.edu/PlantTalk/article.asp?ID=13

If I were you, I'd ask for advice at the local greenhouses

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,763
Points 365,047
Kris replied on Mon, May 3 2010 10:29 PM | Locked

Althea :
I may have forgotten but I think if you plant marigolds around your garden it not only keeps out the deer but the rabbits too - I am pretty sure that is correct but check it out.  I do know marigolds in your front garden have a way of keeping the mosquitos away - I think I was told that marigolds smell terrible to animals so deters them

Thea,

two of my co-workers were talking about that tonight. They said marigolds keeps snakes away too. Chives in a bowl helps keep flying bugs away. Who knew.

I'm still at work. Stupid manager said I need to stay until 1130. This will be on nights when I'm able to take a 30 minute break. It I can't then I leave at 11. Sucks to sit here doing nothing. I'm really tired.

I've been having a burning sensation on the outside of both ankles which gets worse when I walk. Anybody ever have that?

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, May 3 2010 10:35 PM | Locked

Kris:

I've been having a burning sensation on the outside of both ankles which gets worse when I walk. Anybody ever have that?

Yep Kris I have the same problem quite frequently.  It happens when the arthritis flares.  Also happens when it gets hot and my feet swell.  The only thing I have found that helps is anti-inflammatories and ice.  Hope you are doing better soon. Sorry they are making you stay at work.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Mon, May 3 2010 11:07 PM | Locked

kris, you're not diabetic, are you?     that can cause burning feet.   gini

gini in north idaho

Page 477 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 475 476 477 478 479 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use