Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today!

Page 443 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 441 442 443 444 445 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 248,562
Thea replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 4:31 AM | Locked

All the prayers are greatly appreciated and the "yellings"... I slept the evening away and then was awake when I needed to go to bed and couldn't sleep - so am in my mean biting chair that I love - it is so so omfortable and am drinking my fluids - took my pills tonight and have 3 hours till my next one. 

I think maybe my nail will not fall off on my finger - that is so great to me - it is soft so taking it easy with it but after a week the finger is still very swollen but the cuts look like scratches now and no infection - so we are doing okay there.

DH was so sweet tonight - out pool league banquet was tonight and he was so upset I wasn't able to go- told him no big deal - go have fun!  I slept the whole time he was gone... he came home and first thing refilled my drink glass with more ice and diet DP... then off to bed he went... but tucked me in first and told me not to move the chair... checked my forehead and said I had some more color to my face...

so I am doing better and am behaving...

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 8:37 AM | Locked

Thea

It is good to hear that things are going ok and that you seem to be feeling a little better.  Just continue to take care of yourself.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,800
Linda Lou replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:02 AM | Locked

Thea,

It is good to know that you are feeling better today.  Keep up the things you are doing as they must be working.  Keeping you in my prayers.

Linda Lou

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 10:56 AM | Locked

Thea, good to hear that you are feeling a little better. Now the health police are still watching so no paving the driveway or re-shingling the roof. Take it easy and give your body a rest. A nap sounds good to me..........oh, oh.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:50 AM | Locked

Thea, I'm glad you are showing some improvment. Get lots of rest and don't you dare even think about over-doing it! Snuggle up in that cozy compy chair and catch up on all of the videos you haven't had time to watch!

I have  the sniffles this morning. Argh. I don't have time to have a cold! My SiL (AKA: the evil one) is flying in today. I have to go into hiding!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:54 AM | Locked

Great hear you are on the mend!  Your courage sounds so good what with all that has transpired!  I use neosporin and band aids on all my cuts etc.  Seems to heal faster.  Gosh my skin is so thin feeling since I've been on Plavix, scares me at times.

You remain in my prayers!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 12:14 PM | Locked

Linda Lou--

Good to hear from you.  Your story is further proof (IMHO) of the power of prayer.  So happy you had all that love and support helping you overcome such an awful ordeal.

Thea-- I join all your other QCA friends in keeping you in my prayers  and wishing you continued better days.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 2,715
Pat replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:39 PM | Locked

Thank goodness Thea, it sounds like you are taking care of yourself, and "behaving"  I'm so glad that you are doing better.  I hope you will improve everyday.  Sending you "get well wishes, hugs, and prayers your way".

I got soo excited this morning, I ordered Fonds and Porters design wall, and it came in.  I got it on sale at Connecting Threads for $17.49.  I also ordered me a 12" Rotating mat, so I'm all set now.  I worked in my Studio last night, I had gotten a Downey quilt pkg in a couple of days ago, and I started on it.  I cut out all my 4 patches, and got them sewn together.  Now my cutting table is a mess again, with material, and stuff everywhere.  LOL   I usually turn on my music and I'm happy as a clam.

Hopefully everyone is having a good day today.  It's beautiful here with lots of sunshine, and supposed to be 87 today.  Am going dancing this evening at a Senior dance, so got to get busy, and get some more things done.

Happy Quilting,

Pat..........In Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 2:04 PM | Locked

Thea - I am so glad to hear that you are starting to feel on the mend.  Keep pampering yourself or let Jay do that.  Stay in the biting chair, keep drinking the fluids and munching on the horse pills aka antibiotics.

Gini - I hope your leg is doing better and the clots are dissolving.  I have a pair of crutches in my garage which I would love to lend you.  I don't like the sound of you hopping everywhere.  Do you have any British genes as you share their dry sense of humour:-)

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 248,562
Thea replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 2:06 PM | Locked

Day 2 of amoxicillan and it is kicking my butt - but for the short time I think I am going to be out of bed wanted to say that I am doing better even though it seems worse.  My body just wants to sleep right now... but the pain in chest is easing and although I can still only take shallow breaths they are getting easier too.  I am determined I will be going on bus trip on Saturday so if that means I sleep all today and tomorrow - well so be it...teehee...

I did cut out some of the blue "ugly" fat quarters late last night when i was awake for about 2 hours and have them ready in the cute little light box I got from Beth.  It will be ready for the bus trip- I want to get at least 2 more cut out to take with me to do the glue basting on while on the bus... always planning I am... now to see if there are any cute new pictures on the forum to smile at...

I just loved the chickens and roosters... loved them...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,302
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 3:31 PM | Locked

Thea,

it's good to hear you're resting and feeling better. I'll continue to pray for you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 4:46 PM | Locked

Hi Pat,

I was looking at the design wall at Connecting Threads but so far haven't bought it.  I don't have a wall and lay things out on my tables but then the cats come and scatter everything. They are EVIL. Please let us know what you think about it. Thumbs up or thumbs down.

North of Boston MA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 4,864
Marge Campbell replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:46 PM | Locked

Why not take a length of flannel, or a flannel sheet and lay that out first..put your blocks onto that & the cats will have a much harder time scattering the blocks.  It would be like a flannel design wall for the table or floor.

Marge

Margie Campbell
margecam52@valornet.com
TinLizzie18 LS
Littlefield, TX

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 10:44 PM | Locked

Marge, what a good idea. I even have a flannel sheet that I hate on the bed and I could use that. Thanks!

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Wed, Apr 14 2010 10:51 PM | Locked

I have decided that this has been one of the longest days.  Got up this morning and was going to finish sewing my rows together.  Actually did about 3.  My head started hurting really bad....hate sinus ha.  Then started feeling feverish and having chills so I layed down and covered up with 2 quilts and napped for a while.  Then we had dinner at church tonight so went to dinner.  Came home feeling even worse.  Took meds and now I feel like someone is beating me.  Every joint and muscle is screaming.  ......   And I keep answering that they will just have to get over it as I have too many things to do to be sick.    BAH HUMBUG

Vinton, Virginia

Page 443 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 441 442 443 444 445 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use