Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today!

Page 442 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 440 441 442 443 444 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 2:18 PM | Locked

And I forgot! I had a sore throat and then got complete laryngitis. Went to the doc and I had a bacterial infection that attacked my vocal cords and I could not speak for almost two years. I've had 3 procedures done to build up the vocal cords and now I can talk but I sound like Kermit, the frog. So I mean this sincerely, do not fool around when it comes to your health. And if you have something weird, ask me, because I've probably had it. I'm a case study at my hospital b/c of the side afffects and complications that somehow find me. This has been since 2003 but I am still here and as corny as it is, I really do appreciate each day. And I've taught myself that if I don't do it today, there'll be tomorrow. And I laugh a lot and have a great sense of humor. I'd have to put up with all this crap.

Now go take a nap and get all better! Ma Morgan says so.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 2:23 PM | Locked

Thea

I am glad that Diane did the yelling because I was getting ready to.  Hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and you start feeling better but if they don't you get you BUTT back to the DR.  You hear me........

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,974
Points 384,322
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:25 PM | Locked

Thea,

I'm sorry you're not well. I'm praying you get over this latest round quickly.

I've been reading all your posts and I have to say I agree with Nana and Diane. You need to go to the hospital if your temp does not come down. We need you to take care of yourself so you'll be around for a long time.

Try to rest. I know it's hard with all the distractions but try. Stay warm. Sending hugs your way.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,974
Points 384,322
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:27 PM | Locked

Tink922:
At the hospital I worked at, they stopped calling it the ED because of the popularity of Erectile Dysfunction. LOL

Tink,

that's funny. I never thought of that.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,974
Points 384,322
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:32 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
Went to the doc and I had a bacterial infection that attacked my vocal cords and I could not speak for almost two years.

Wow Diane,

you've been through a lot. I'm glad you're here with us.

A sense of humour is definitely needed for all we have to deal with.

I had a freak episode last night. I got a headache just before my shift ended. By the time I got home it was really bad and I was nauseous. I puked once then felt perfectly fine. So strange. Never happened before. I have a slight headache now but no nausea.

I caught up on the laundry this AM then napped until it was time to get ready for work. DH made cheesy chicken for lunch yummy. I'm at work now waiting for the cafeteria to open.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:08 PM | Locked

My life definitely didn't turn out like I had planned. The &*&% hits the fan but I keep getting up. It might be that I am just dumb but I've turned out to be a fighter and keeping get up again. I think someone in heaven has a real sense of humor and is trying it out on me. What else can we give her today? lol

I have a husband who would do anything in the world for me. He does do everything in the world for me. I am very lucky to have him as my soul mate. We have been through a lot and he's always there to catch me or fight for me or just hold me. He just won't bring home any more animals and if I find one I can't keep it!

The thing that bothers me the most is that I was such an energizer bunny. Still love bunnies but mine has slowed down some. But I'm blessed with having a business of my own and I can wear pajamas to my job if I want. I can sleep til 10 if I want. My DH got laid off in 2001, 2 days before 9/11 and we were devastated. But it was all meant to be. He started his own home based business, too so both of us are here together every day. I wake up every morning and am glad to embrace the day.....not that I don't get down but it's not often.

As long as I can paint, quilt, read, eat and hug fur balls, I'm a happy camper.

Laf~A~Lot

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:14 PM | Locked
Tink922:
At the hospital I worked at, they stopped calling it the ED because of the popularity of Erectile Dysfunction. LOL

Tink,
Too funny!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:31 PM | Locked

Tink922:
Kris:
The ED is the Emergency Department. They stopped calling it the ER.

Unfortunately that's exactly whay I thought of. Musta been all those commercials Al Gore starred in that put it into my head.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:42 PM | Locked

I'm going to join in the chorus of ladies yelling at you to take care of yourself, Thea.

You have to get better soon. We all need your chatter around here. Without you, things get boring!

I'm glad you saw the doc and are getting some treatment. The very first thing that popped into my head when I read your symptoms (Fever, sore throat, weird rash) was a sever Strep infection. Scary scary!! Please, don't mess around. Even if the fever drops, if you start feeling worse GO to the clinic!!

'Sending you Hugs and chicken soup. ((('Thea)))

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 6:58 PM | Locked

Kris:

Tink922:

Tink,

that's funny. I never thought of that.

I think it's amazing that Tink's e-mail made it past the censors considering some of the other stuff that hasn't

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 7:37 PM | Locked

ARGH!! I worked all day to quilt my Easter Flowers block (or  "the Seuss Quilt", as my brother named it after all of my moaning about dots and spots yesterday). My Poor  Bernina started misbehaving mid-way through... I suspect that the belt is slipping. The motor seemed to suddenly loose power and then rev back up. It's going to the doc as soon as I can schedule a trip to the city.  Just as well because it is due for it's annual tune-up anyway. But it's Frustrating that I won't get this project finished  anytime soon  tho! And everything else is on hold too! GRRrrrrr  I may have to clear the piles off the treadle if I want to get anything done.

We've gotten about 4" of heavy wet snow in the last 3 hours and there's no sign of let-up. Hubby says the NWS is calling for a foot in our area by morning.  Guess I won't be going out on the highway...

The fireplace feels pretty darn good on a day like to day! And that big pot of Chicken soup I put on for Thea is gonna taste mighty fine, too! I hope we don't have any power failures. Last year's April storm dumped nearly 3 feet overnight and power was out for 3 days North of here!!  Well..guess I'll just worry about that IF it happens and not until then.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 7:50 PM | Locked

Today I spent most of the day quilting MQ1.  It will go to my niece's auction to raise money to go to Calgary Stampede.  She is our Omak Stampede Queen. 

Now I need to catch up on a BOM before we get the next block tomorrow!  I don't want to fall behind.

Then I wont have a chance to sew again until Friday.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 2,715
Pat replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 8:13 PM | Locked

Diane, Bless you, you have really had it, and still have humor through it.  You're so blessed to have a good husband, and  soul mate.  That means everything.  But dearheart, we have all slowed down through the years, I know I have.  I used to just go and go, but sometimes my body says, take it a bit slower.  Isn't it something how sometimes the tragic things turns into something wonderful.  Good luck to both of you.  And I can agree with you on quilt, read, eat, and hug fur balls, I'm happy too.

Happy Quilting,

Pat..........In Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 2,715
Pat replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 8:19 PM | Locked

Oh my Thea, bless your heart, do you have to have everything all at once?  LOL   So sorry you have been so sick, so take care of yourself, because you are an integral part of all of this.  Get that fever down, and take your medicine, and get well soon.  Sending "hugs, and good wishes" your way.

Happy Quilting,

Pat..........In Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,800
Linda Lou replied on Tue, Apr 13 2010 11:13 PM | Locked

It has been a long time since I have been online, but Thea, you force me to yell at you as well.  Please, please take care of yourself.  In 1999 I had a severe sinus infection that I neglected so that by the time I decided to go to the doctor, I ended up in the ER, comatose, and not expected to live.  Diagnosis==bacterial meningitis!!  My family was  told that I probably would not live and they should start my funeral arrangements.  Then when it looked like I might live, they were told that I would have to spend 4-6 months in rehab and I would probably never be able to return to work due to brain swelling as a result of 107 degree temp. However, they did not factor in prayer.  God decided to allow me to live so 5 days after going to the ER, I woke up. Four weeks to the day after going to the ER, I walked back into my office. No rehab, no lasting after effects.  You are in my prayers, girl.  Wish you were down here where it is already approaching 80 degrees with lots of sunshine!!  Take those pills.   Drink lot's of water and sleep, sleep, sleep!!

Linda Lou

• | Post Points: 35
Page 442 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 440 441 442 443 444 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use