What are you up to today!

Page 314 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 312 313 314 315 316 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:07 PM | Locked

I did get it this time Deb.  God Bless you and Clay.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:12 PM | Locked

Kris

Stay in bed and keep warm it's the best thing and give those cute Kitties  a cuddle for me.

Hampshire, England

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 325
Points 5,577
Joanne replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:17 PM | Locked

Thanks for that Althea, I know that I am not a diabetic, the trainer said maybe I need to add a little extra energy to my breakfast...I never go to the gym without eating.....the trainer said that I just over-trianed with my weights, have to know one's limits don't we....

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:22 PM | Locked

Althea :
The house is quiet - still clean...lol  I am not doing any steam cleaning at the moment but plan on starting that back up on Wed.  I have to play pool tonight and tomorrow - that is till they find a sub for me... jay knows how hard this is on me so is looking hard for a replacement.  it will happen...lol but until it does I will be playing with the team.

Thea,

Just curious, What do you have for a steam cleaner and do you like it? I have been trying to decide if I want to get one.

Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:41 PM | Locked

Kris:

Stephanie,

have no fear you did nothing to offend me. You've been nothing but kind to me and a good friend. Please don't think it was you.

I am having a bad morning. I tried to go to my appointment and got stuck at the end of my driveway. I had to get out of the car and try desperately to clear the snow from my tires. Since it is still snowing (rather heavily I might add) I got soaked. It took me about 1/2 hour to finally get free. By then there was no way I was going anywhere. I called and rescheduled for Wednesday. My head hurt because I became irrationally angry. I am now back in bed chilled to the bone trying to get warm. My kitty friends have joined me and the warming blanket is turned up to fry. Shouldn't be long now. I'm going to try to sleep since I've been up all night.

Kris, Thank God. I worried all day at work thinking about this. I am so sorry to hear about you getting stuck and having to go through all of that, and missing your appointment. I hope as the day has gone on you have managed to get warmed up and hopefully rested up as well. Thoughts and prayers are with you always.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:44 PM | Locked

Marie:

Stephanie, I watched the new series "Human Target" also and I think it'll be a hit.  I've also watched "24" since the beginning and couldn't wait for last night when the new season started.  I haven't been disappointed with that series yet.  Someone told me this was it's last season, do you know if that's true?  I hope it isn't because it's my favorite show.

Marie, I think Human Target will be a hit as well. It certainly had all the twists and turns. I haven't heard if 24 will be ending this season or not. I hope not.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:47 PM | Locked

Althea or Anybody

Can you  please tell me how to reply to someone with their name and the bit of the post I am replying  to  the way everyone else does

Debbie My goodness you would make a great author or tribal storyteller (tribe of QCA) I bet you were hugging and kissing your DH for saving your machine and you should put it in a magazine as it may just save somebody from doing exactly the same thing. Perhaps we should have a blog for things we have done that went wrong.

My friend Cindy has just made her second quilt. She wanted something spectacular as it is our guilds quilt show in October so she decided to make a Mariners Compass Quilt Yep that's right second quilt mariners compass. She did everything right and it was really good then she decided to quilt is herself too (She likes to challenge herself but I think she is insane) anyway she did this too and made quite a good job of it, Much better than I would have done but she thought as she had handled it so much she would wash it and I said even though she had washed her fabrics before she started tho put some dye grabbers in but you've guessed it a dark purple ran and she is devastated and feels like selling everything on ebay and giving up. I have told her not to do anything drastic leave the quilt alone and we will look at it when she is less upset, so do any of you lovely people have any ideas . It is such a shame and I feel so sorry for her and I hope we can rescue it.

Hampshire, England

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:50 PM | Locked

Joanne:
Thanks for that Althea, I know that I am not a diabetic, the trainer said maybe I need to add a little extra energy to my breakfast...I never go to the gym without eating.....the trainer said that I just over-trianed with my weights, have to know one's limits don't we....

So how is your blood pressure?  Exercise, sudden turning, quick ups and downs can result in hypotension, I think specially if one is dehydrated.  That can make a person nauseated and faint.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:56 PM | Locked

Jay-Marie, If you hit the reply button across the name of the person who's post you want to include a quote from instead of quick reply at the bottom the person's post will come up above the box. You can highlight any part of it and press the quote button at the bottom of the post, or if you want to include the whole post just press quote. Start typing your reply after the total message and scroll down to post.   I am so sorry to hear about your friends quilt and hope you can find a way to salvage the damage.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 9,969
Jean replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 4:52 PM | Locked

Judy,  Jo's Little Women Club is a once a month club that meets at a participating LQS.  The patterns and info for this club is created by Jo Morton a fabric and pattern designer for Andover Fabrics.  She specializes in Civil War Era reproductions, small quilts, and likes hand piecing.  Each month there is a small project and you purchase a kit or fat quarters of Jo Morton fabrics.  Each LQS has their own way of doing their club but staying within the guidlines and rules set by Jo Morton.

Hope this information helps.  Today and yesterday I have been going through my Jo Morton fabrics and sorting them to put back on one of my shelves in an organized manner.  Didn't realize just how much or her fabrics I have!!  I knew I had a lot but sure a lot more than I thought LOL.

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,180
Points 253,252
Thea replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 5:14 PM | Locked

Jay-Marie - will be glad to tell you- when you click reply the top left one

it opens up a window with the person you are replying to's post above it - you highlight the area you want to copy and then at the bottom of their post you will see Quote - while you have the section highlighted you click Quote and that part drops down into your post

jay-marie:
Can you  please tell me how to reply to someone with their name and the bit of the post I am replying  to  the way everyone else does
Do not delete any of the parenthesis as then it won't work

Any other questions - feel free to ask - someone here will be glad to help you!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,180
Points 253,252
Thea replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 5:20 PM | Locked

jay-marie:
Much better than I would have done but she thought as she had handled it so much she would wash it and I said even though she had washed her fabrics before she started tho put some dye grabbers in but you've guessed it a dark purple ran and she is devastated and feels like selling everything on ebay and giving up. I have told her not to do anything drastic leave the quilt alone and we will look at it when she is less upset, so do any of you lovely people have any ideas . It is such a shame and I feel so sorry for her and I hope we can rescue it.

Jay-Marie - there are products out there that might help- retayne is one - that i can think of - tell her to try washing it again with a product that captures the extra dye.  this problem so seldom happens anymore - I am so sorry that this happened to her. 

i am sure someone here will have a better idea of what the products names are - I just have never had to use them - I am one of those that is lucky - I don't prewash and have luckily - knock on wood - had anything run on me.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 311
Points 8,285
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 5:23 PM | Locked

jay-marie:

Debbie My goodness you would make a great author or tribal storyteller (tribe of QCA) I bet you were hugging and kissing your DH for saving your machine and you should put it in a magazine as it may just save somebody from doing exactly the same thing. Perhaps we should have a blog for things we have done that went wrong.

Thanks Jay-marie,

My sister was the real storyteller. We used to go to the girl scout camp & tell traditional native stories. She passed away a year & a half ago & it was a huge loss on so many levels. We made frybread for powwows for 13 years. I like the "tribe of QCA" lol I very happy to be a part of this tribe.

Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 5:53 PM | Locked

oh debbie, i think i would have thrown up on top of the goo.   what a mess,   your husband is a true hero.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 5:55 PM | Locked

nana, i have had one maintenance guy tell me never to spray compressed air on my machine and another tell me it was fine.   what's a girl to do?   spraying air half the time is my solution.   gini

gini in north idaho

Page 314 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 312 313 314 315 316 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.