Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today!

Page 309 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 307 308 309 310 311 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Sat, Jan 16 2010 11:36 PM | Locked

Judy, you are one busy lady! Sounds like you had a great day yesterday and again today.  I wish you luck with your laundry room project - hope it turns out the way you'd like :-)

DH and I waited for our Christmas gift to arrive today - we did shopping for ourselves on New Year's Eve - finally broke down and got a new TV (had the converter box on a 14-year-old TV).  Once it arrived, I got to work setting it up.  Right now, DH is enjoying a movie while I catch up here.  I also got some laundry done, finished the Mother Goose quilt, and played with the dogs.  I usually just want to do nothing on my day off, but housework, dogs & quilting call!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 12:15 AM | Locked

I posted the pictures from the quilt fest on my blog.

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,166
Points 387,662
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 12:38 AM | Locked

Judy,

the pics are awesome. Thanks for posting them. i love the ones with you and Bonnie the best.

The one block wonder quilt is amazing, and the lone star is too. I like the first quilt as well. They're all great.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 1:09 AM | Locked

Thanks, Kris. I hate to post pictures of myself because in my mind's eye I'm about 100 lbs lighter than what a picture actually shows; but the one where we're laughing is funny I think.

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,166
Points 387,662
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 1:25 AM | Locked

I don't like pictures of myself either Judy. I think most people envision something other than what the camera shows.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 2:26 AM | Locked

gini:

there are a lot of grandparents raising a second set of kids.   look at me.  i don't have them full time, but just the little i get them has me tuckered.   it would be interesting to know how many kids are being raised by grandparents around the world.      gini

gini,

I expect there are many many children being cared for by grandparents, I know of a few right in m area. Like you I have cared for most of my grandchildren a good part of the time. I'm down to one now and she wears me out. As much as I love caring for her, I'm looking forward to pre-school

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 7:31 AM | Locked

I have days when I ask my son to keep his new kitten down in his own apartment and I love that kitten so much, just can't keep up with his friskiness once in a while.  Ok, all you kitty lovers please don't attack a tired old lady like me!  LOL

It's OK we know you love kitties Marie who couldn't.

There are lots of Grandparents who do a great job bringing up grandchildren but these  are people having there 1st child in their mid 60s. In the UK there is a law not to give fertility treatment over a certain age but they go abroad for the treatment to countries who have less ethical doctors. Madness

Hampshire, England

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 888
Points 17,725
Sue replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 10:28 AM | Locked

Jay-Marie, you are not alone when you say that once in a while you have had enough of a cat!  So far today, and it's only 10:30am, I have let the cat in and out 10 times!  She loves to play outside, watch the birds and try climbing trees, but she get cold or hungry so she wants in.  Three times while DH and I had breakfast and twice while I was doing dishes.  When we build, I think I will put in a kitty door so she can come and go as she pleases and won't need a door monitor!  ROFLOL!  she is a lover though, sits on our laps at night and keeps us warm on bitterly cold nights.

Sue

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 10:29 AM | Locked

Judy

The quilt fest pics are amazing.  That Lone Star quilt with the New York Beauties is awe inspiring.  All I can say is Wow.  Enjoyed the pics of you and Bonnie.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 8,285
Debbie replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 1:17 PM | Locked

Hi Ladies,

O.K. I think I'm starting to come back to life. I haven't quited in two weeks. I did manage to finish my blue & white half square triangles & the inner corner blocks for my Arctic Star quilt. My energy level is still pretty low but I'm inching my way back to life. I'm going to the movies today with my 22 year old son to see Avatar. Everyone's been talking so much about it I figure I better go take a look. That should be a low energy output event.

I tried to read through everything & catch up. Big job!

Kris, I'm glad thoses chest pains weren't anything serious. I'm sorry for the pain you've been in but I'm glad it's not related to your heart or lungs.

Thea, glad to hear your DH had a successful  first day back to work.

Gini, Please let me know if you'll be taking any vacations to Hawaii so I can make plans to go somewhere else. I'm not a big fan of Hurricanes! lol

Stephanie, I can't wait to see your finished Dahlia. It's going to be so beautiful Purple & green are my favorite colors. It's nice to try new things and stretch our skills. That's sort of what I'm doing right now with my Arctic Star. I've never done a quilt with so many points! The next challenge I want to try is a Lone Star.

I'll post a picture of my progress. Now That I'm feeling better I'm hoping to get back on track.

Well, I have to go get ready for the movies. Everybody have a great afternoon!

Deb

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 2:05 PM | Locked

Deb

Your arctic star quilt is beautiful.  And all your points are looking so nice.  Great job.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,166
Points 387,662
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 2:11 PM | Locked

Debbie,

your quilt is beautiful. You're doing an amazing job. Have fun at the movies.

I'm having a slow day today. I'm aching all over and it's really cold. It's snowing right now and I'm sitting by the window wrapped up in blankets with the 2 kitties watching it come down. It's very quiet.

I'm going to watch football and do some sewing as soon as I will myself to move from this spot.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 2:15 PM | Locked

Kris

I am with you on the not doing very much.  I ache all over as well.  Not terribly cold here but it is raining and the damp chill is killing me.......got out of bed and had my coffee and checked in here then layed back down and went back to sleep.  Now I am going to try again but I don't think it is going to be much better....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,166
Points 387,662
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 3:06 PM | Locked

Nana,

I'm back in bed now and the kitties followed. The change in the weather is to blame for this.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Sun, Jan 17 2010 4:04 PM | Locked

Kris:

Nana,

I'm back in bed now and the kitties followed. The change in the weather is to blame for this.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Kris'

Great day to stay in bed. I'm not supposed to get much snow, it's staying down your way. I went to the movies this afternoon with my gd. She didn't want to see the movie that her dad and brother went to so we saw The Lovely Bones. It was very good but  little weird. Feel better soon.

Page 309 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 307 308 309 310 311 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.