Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today!

Page 998 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 996 997 998 999 1000 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 5:10 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

chocake2:
Marge -  this is for your gs

Had to try it out first. :o)  Shot my eye out twce. 

Is that all? I managed to have 48 'accidents" in one session. But then again I was getting 200+ ricochets per shot, so that's not so bad. LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 5:12 PM | Locked

I also hit Connecting Threads. I was up from 4-7 this morning.....Kris's insomnia flew down from ME and got me. I should have placed my order then but of course that would be the logical thing to do so I didn't.  Got up at 8 to place my order for strips and 10" stacks and the site was soooooooooooo slow that I couldn't place the order. So I called, I was #11 in waiting calls. Talked to the harried customer service person and I finally got a little laugh out of her towards the end of the order. She said they started receiving orders at 1:00 a.m. and they were coming in 1,000 per hour. By the time I got my order in there was a couple of samples all soid out....one of them was my favorite one. Next year I'll set the alarm for 1:00 a.m. More fabric.....I wasn;t going to buy anymore fabric. Yah, sure.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 5:24 PM | Locked

Been a busy day. I did laundry first thing, then tackled the cyber Monday shopping! Taht took a chunk out of the morning.  I made some Icicle orniments from a clear wine bottle for the crafts fair this weekend. Hubby had to work late last night so he didn't stumble forth until after lunch. We had to pick up and deliver his Mom's 'new" washer and drier - obtained from Free-cycle - for her. In the process of looking up the guy who had it, I discovered a new posting there from someone wanting to get rid of a twin mattress set! Yes! Score!!! Jr has needed to have his replaced for a while, so that had to go on the list of things to get done today. 

When we got to MiL's she'd stacked all of her empty packing boxes right where her washing maching and drier needed to go. Yours Truely got the privledge of moving them all out to the dump for her qhile she fussed over her baby boy. We got everything in, and she announced she didn't want it to go there --it took some explaining that no matter where she thought  they should go, it was going there because thats where the hook-ups are!! Duh! And after all of that, we discovered that the pump is out on the washing machine (Hey-it was free). The drier never got a test run because we need to get an adapter before we can plug it in.

Now I'm home and about to go make Jr's 'new' bed. At least I know his new stuff "works". The gentleman that had it bought it when he thought his teenage daughter was coming to live with him. He's kept it for several years for her short visits, but now she's out of college and soon to be married. It's doubtful it's seen much use at all!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 5:24 PM | Locked

Are you all sitting down??????????

Wayne looked out the window to see if Precious (our stray calico) was sitting there waiting for her supper and what to our wondering eyes do appear??????????

So we put out some food and she/he ran off but sat there and cried. We came back inside and she/he came right back. So I opened the back door, sat on the stoop and she let me pick her right up. She looks to be about 8 weeks old and fat so we are hoping that she is somebody's kitty and she got out. We'll put signs around tomorrow.

NOW we already have 4 cats inside. Three old grumpy gusses and the ruler of the roost, Callie. So DH got a large box and we put a blanket in it and some water and some food and put it out in the sunroom. She/he was out of the box in about a minute. We are NOT keeping this kitten.............I might call him Oliver.......

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,599
gini replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 5:31 PM | Locked

diane, your new kitty is a cutie.   he looks very much at home cuddled up with you.      :  )       gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,725
Points 364,632
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:09 PM | Locked

Oh Diane,

that kitty is so cute. Looks like you're long lost friends. I don't know how you're going to resist "Oliver" hopefully someone claims him/her.

BTW, did you get a haircut? I like it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,725
Points 364,632
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:14 PM | Locked

Marie:
In that case we'll all be there by 4 so get the appetizers (popcorn will be good) out.

I left for my appointment at 1300 then went to the LQS to say hi and some fabric followed me to the car,honestly that's how it happened, then I came to work. I hope DH turned off the crock pot.

I scanned 11 patients in the last 2.5 hours and I'm exhausted. I undid all the good the doc did during my session (OMT). The cafeteria closed before I had a chance to get anything so I may have to go home for some grub if the ED permits.

My appointment went well. This was just the pain management stuff so no news there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,725
Points 364,632
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:18 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Don't feel like I have accomplished muc today. 

Marge,

I bet you did all that stuff before noon too. You even walked a a mile IN THE RAIN! I'd say you accomplished a lot.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:23 PM | Locked

Kris:

Oh Diane,

that kitty is so cute. Looks like you're long lost friends. I don't know how you're going to resist "Oliver" hopefully someone claims him/her.

BTW, did you get a haircut? I like it.

God just plants these things at our back door. I swear there is a sign somewhere that says these people are nuts and a good place for vittles.

I went for a hair cut but she cut every single hair on my head so it was really a hairs cut. Much better shorter and got rid of all the dead stuff. I was beginning to look like the Scarecrow on the Wizard of Oz. And thanks!

North of Boston MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,268
Points 35,185
Granny M replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:24 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

I also hit Connecting Threads. I was up from 4-7 this morning.....Kris's insomnia flew down from ME and got me. I should have placed my order then but of course that would be the logical thing to do so I didn't.  Got up at 8 to place my order for strips and 10" stacks and the site was soooooooooooo slow that I couldn't place the order. So I called, I was #11 in waiting calls. Talked to the harried customer service person and I finally got a little laugh out of her towards the end of the order. She said they started receiving orders at 1:00 a.m. and they were coming in 1,000 per hour. By the time I got my order in there was a couple of samples all soid out....one of them was my favorite one. Next year I'll set the alarm for 1:00 a.m. More fabric.....I wasn;t going to buy anymore fabric. Yah, sure.

At least you waited it out, I gave up and consoled myself that I really do have enough fabric.  But I really wanted some yellows as that is the color my Grand DIL  wants for her baby quilt.  At least I have until March to get this one done. Surely by then I can find the yellows I want, hate to miss such a good sale though. with that kind of business it will take them to March to get all those orders out.

Granny M

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675
Prairie Dog replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:30 PM | Locked

Diane,

Are we in the same gene pool?  So many things you say are what I'm thinking or have said.  I have said Hairs Cut since high school.  It only makes sense.  Once you're in the chair, get 'em all cut.  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:37 PM | Locked

Diane

That new kitty looks great in your arms---I think you have a new kitty : )

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,725
Points 364,632
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:44 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
I also hit Connecting Threads. I was up from 4-7 this morning.

Diane,

I had my shopping cart filled over the weekend then waited for today to checkout. I only added two more items that would work as Pat's and Mary's (you haven't met her) x-mas gifts.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,725
Points 364,632
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:47 PM | Locked

Prairie Dog:
 I have said Hairs Cut since high school.  It only makes sense.

PD and Diane,

"Hair" is collective like "audience" we know there's more than one up there, don't we? LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 7:48 PM | Locked

Diane

Oliver is precious and I love the hair cut.  Your hair looks so healthy and shiney after the cut.  You are beautiful.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Page 998 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 996 997 998 999 1000 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use