Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today!

Page 989 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 987 988 989 990 991 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 9:54 AM | Locked

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!

It's windy here, but we're finally enjoying temps that are above zero! In fact it's nearly +20!  Of course, with gusts topping 50mpl, we still have chill factors to contend with, so no one will be going out much today either. I'm hoping the blowing snow doesn't seriously hinder anyones travel plans.

I learned today that one of my childhood neighbors passed away this week. She'd had cancer. That's a sad event. Thanksgiving was her holiday, so I'm sure her family is really feeling the blow.

Now I must get my day started. I'm the hostest wit' da mostest, ad I gotta get it all together so I can make it look easy when the guests arrive!!

Have a super holiday!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 10:04 AM | Locked

Have  Happy Thanksgiving CC. Sorry about your friend.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 10:07 AM | Locked

Well I'm glad you are having a heat wave out there CC.  I hope your family will all be able to make it.  I know you were a bit concerned about the weather and such.  Enjoy your day!  Glad that we split the cooking between 4 cooks.  Not a burden to any one of us so we all get to enjoy ourselves.  Got the "GOOD" paper plates and plastic flatware out.  :o)  Even found my fiber optic scarecrow and carved wooden bowl full of gourds to make the table a bit more festive.  Enjoy the day everyone. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 10:12 AM | Locked

Ok I'm tired and my back is killing me, Still have a couple of hours before my girls show up.  have almost everything ready to go into the oven.  Then I get to have a slumber party with both my Grandbabies tonight, Both my girls like to do the black friday, so I get the kids. lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 12:31 PM | Locked

Well Shucks. That darned old snowstorm got the better of the intrepid travelers. They just called from the half-way point and said they are turning back. I'd much rather have then safe  and there then broken and here, but I am still disappointed.   You see!!?? I knew I shouldn'ta cleaned the house!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 417,064
gini replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 12:44 PM | Locked

chocake2:
You see!!?? I knew I shouldn'ta cleaned the house!

but, now you can sew guilt free.   everything's done.   

we are up to 20 degrees today too.  and it is  ssnnoowwiinngg, i'm putting on my outdoor duds, so i can do a snow blizzard dance with my auntie.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 7,035
Shellie replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 1:16 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Well Shucks. That darned old snowstorm got the better of the intrepid travelers. They just called from the half-way point and said they are turning back. I'd much rather have then safe  and there then broken and here, but I am still disappointed.   You see!!?? I knew I shouldn'ta cleaned the house!

CC, Thank goodness your relatives were smart enough to turn back.  My eldest son came down yesterday for our Thanksgiving dinner (he works today so we celebrated early).   He made it to within about 6 miles of us and then totaled his car!  My Dh went and picked him up and had his car towed back here.  My son was very fortunate, no one was hurt, and there was no damage to the other guys car. and he was really lucky that his Dad was willing to make the 5 hour drive here and back in the dark on icy roads to get him home last night so he could go to work today.  So thank your relatives for keeping their families safe and enjoy your clean house while it lasts!  Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Shellie - south central Washington state

Linaria Dalmatica Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 3:17 PM | Locked

Hope everyone is safe out west. Sorry your company couldn't make it, CC. ¥our weather looks awful on the news here. We are just overcast and high 30's.

We'll be eating in a short while. Just DH and me. His daughter emailed and she's supposed to come over and watch a movie with us this evening. She lives in the same town and we haven't seen her since Aug.  so it would be nice if she shows up.....you never can tell. Head is in the clouds.

So while our feast was cooking I practiced FM. A feather girl I will never be. I have to watch more videos or something b/c I don't know what direction I'm supposed to be going in. But my other stuff is coming out good, meandering, loops, hearts, leaves, flowers. I still find I do better with using the stop and start button instead of the foot control. I find the perfect speed on the cruise control, push the start button and off I go. I even found the FM groove a couple of times and actually relaxed my shoulders and the death grip on the fabric!

Then I played with using stencils and the walking dog and that went well, too. And back to FM with the transferred stencil designs and that worked good.  So I had a pretty good day all in all.

Time to go eat and fill our empty bellies.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,302
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 3:49 PM | Locked

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm working but not busy. Watching football and getting ready to get a free meal at the cafeteria. DH will be joining me.

Winter storm coming overnight but I'll be in then. Plan to sew all day tomorrow.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675
Prairie Dog replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 6:15 PM | Locked

BURP . . . more sounds to follow. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 6:26 PM | Locked

Prairie Dog:

PD, you are a rodent of low class. I ditto your comment.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 7:12 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Prairie Dog:

PD, you are a rodent of low class. I ditto your comment.

Make that a threesome! LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 7:33 PM | Locked

Diane,

WTG practicing your FMQ. I know you'll be doing feathers in no time. I usually start my s curve from top to bottom and start my loop from the bottom out and in, follow the straighter part back out c curve and back in. When I get to the top , I follow the s back down and start the other side finishing with the very top loop.The picture I am adding to this was my first practice and although that's just what it looks like, it is the best example I have, to help you can see the freehand blue marker and the stitches as I tried to follow it. For me it seems so much easier to follow back over the straight part of the feather than the curve, but it's all in what you get used to. I hope this helps you see. I didn't have my gloves at this point and they made a huge difference in gripping the fabric. I'd love to see some of your practices.....  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 8:07 PM | Locked

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving Day - we didn't  overboard on the food, just the two of us but cook enough for it to be traditional.  Up to last year, when I lost him, my Dad made the pumpkin pie every year - he was 91 and still doing all his own cooking up to the very last day.  So today I made the pumpkin and the favorite butterscotch pudding pie (I use Pillsbury ready to use crusts, I know they're good, mine are not always!)  Then had those little Cornish hens and the trimmings as usual - ate early, now he's watching the game and I can catch up here.  For the last few days, I have been working on Bonnie Hunter's Maverick Stars--so much fun, couldn't stop 'til it was done - I'll post a photo here in a minute.  Then in between tending to the cooking today, I made some more pillowcases for gifts - they are so much fun, seems like everyone who sews is making pillowcases, we must have reached a million by now!! For me, it's about stash busting, like Bonnie Hunter. Next, I want to start the Roll Roll Cottonboll Mystery.  Anyone else doing it?  She just posted the first step last Friday, haven't checked to see if tomorrow will be another, but better get going or I'll be behind before I start.  I was so fascinated by these stars,  an I used up all the 3" squares I had cut up from scraps, before I realized that 3" does not play well with others but I couldn't throw them away, just used all I could, and few left are now 2 1/2"  - which are a lot more useful in so many patterns.  I cut scraps into different sizes that are useful in several patterns that I make regularly, just  don't want any more 3"- they did make nice wonky stars, tho!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Nov 25 2010 8:51 PM | Locked

I'd love to see some of your practices....

Steph~

They are not for public humiliation yet. Where do you back track? Do you start the feather down at the left side? I don't know how to continuously keep going and I can't see in yours how you did it eitiher. I'll have to watch some live videos to see where they go, I guess. Your feathers are great, BTW.

North of Boston MA

Page 989 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 987 988 989 990 991 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use