Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today!

Page 946 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 944 945 946 947 948 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:53 PM | Locked

Oh good Pat.  You had me worried that you might be a long lost relative of Scrooge.  Even my Jewish husband enjoys our Christmas decorations.  When I took everything done in Jan. I just stacked the boxes on the front porch because I THOUGHT we would be getting a new garage built "after the holidays".  The cats have enjoyed sitting on the stacks of plastic bins all summer when they get to go out on the screened porch.  Ever since my boys were babies, they got a Christmas ornament in their stockings.  Their Grandmas joined in too.  By the time they got married, they had a nice collection of ornaments for their first Christmas tree.  I have kept up the tradition even after they married and added the grandchildren to the mix.  I had fun buying their ornaments in Williamsburg last month. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 1:37 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Hmmm...Sugar cookies sound mighty fine. I may have to make some. Kris,  do you wanna come help me eat 'em??

Anyone who wants to make me cookies is welcome to do so. Just let me know when they're ready.

All this Christmas talk already. It's fun to read about your traditions. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:37 PM | Locked

Stephanie:
need to save your posts so that if I ever get to be a grandma I can remember how to have fun with the little ones. 

it all comes back, (actually for me it never left).  

when i was in my  twenties,  the kids and i raked up huge piles of leaves,  i remembered how much fun it was as a kid.    not so much fun as an adult.  i hit that huge pile of leaves with an even HUGER thud.  i couldn't catch my breath, i saw stars, thought i would throw up.  the kids were hovered around me asking if i was ok.  all i could see were these worried little faces amonst the stars.    big difference between 60 lbs. and 160.  hitting a pile of leaves.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:40 PM | Locked

you all are worse than the retailers, they don't have their christmas stuff up yet, do they?   i am taking a deep breath and waiting until after thanksgiving before i even start with christmas.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:53 PM | Locked

Oh I'm sorry to tell you Gini, but they do lol.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 3:01 PM | Locked

leslie, then maybe it's good i don't get out more.   i don't think anyone in sandpoint has the christmas stuff out yet, except maybe walmart and i haven't been out there in a while.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 3:03 PM | Locked

our town doesn't have the christmas stuff up yet, but they are still busy replacing all the handicap ramps that they replaced two years ago.   seems they were out of compliance with  fed regulations.  you think someone would have checked first.   

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 3:59 PM | Locked

One of my quilty students is a snow bird. They were leaving for the south this week and will return in time to spend Christmas with their grands, then return to the south for the remainder of the winter. She didn't want to have to rush to get her Christmas decorating done on thier return, so, before they left, she put it all up. When we trick-or-treated her last Sunday, there was a huge (plastic) tree in her front window and she came to the door dressed as Mrs Claus. I told the kids not to say "Trick or Treat" but instead sing a carol when she came to the door.  We got some odd looks as other  Halloween revelers trickled up her steps and my kids broke out singing "Jingle Bells", but she loved it.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 6:35 PM | Locked

So much busyness today. I can't keep up with you all. Christmas decorating already? We haven't even had Thanksgiving yet. We start after Thanksgiving and then take everything down on Jan. 6th. It's just the two of us so we don't go overboard anymore but only put up our favorite things.

Oh, Gini....playing in the leaves. I love it. Even the smell of the leaves. I wish we had little ones we could play with.

Sugar cookies.....Marlene.....sounds yuminy. Extras can always be sent here.

North of Boston MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 6:58 PM | Locked

Diane - I just got this in my email - just had to send it to you and all the other animal lovers - hope it works,

This will warm your heart...
Subject: The Dog and Dolphin
Please give this one a look...it's beautiful filmed

and magical!
Use your scroll bars to get it framed correctly to watch as it is meant to be watched. 

http://www.dogwork.com/ddcv4/

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675
Prairie Dog replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 8:25 PM | Locked

Marlene

I need and want warm weather.  Michigan is too cold too long for me anymore.  I would love to live in Arizona.  But no Christmas tree until after Thanksgiving.  I'll eat the cookies though.   Thanks!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 8:30 PM | Locked

Prairie Dog

I am with you.  I don't like cold weather anymore.  And never decorate until after Thanksgiving and take it down after New Years.....sometimes New Years day.  By then I have had enough.....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 8,285
Debbie replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:14 PM | Locked

Hawaii's nice & warm! Even at Christmas time. We even get snow at the top of the mountain. You can go up there, have a snow ball fight, drive back down & frolic in the ocean with in the hour. It sounds like a perfect solution for all you popsicles. lol

Deb

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:30 PM | Locked

LoL your so right Deb.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:41 PM | Locked

Carol~

Thanks for the dog and the dolphin. That was amazing. I wish I had been there to see it.

North of Boston MA

Page 946 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 944 945 946 947 948 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use