Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today!

Page 943 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 941 942 943 944 945 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 11:49 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Have you ever noticed that your creativity goes into over-drive when you can't sew?? Mine sure does. As soon as my machine goes to the shop, I get 10,00 new ideas for projects!

Too funny.  Mine goes into overfrive every time I get around fabric!  I see all this beautiful fabric and I start thinking of how I could cut it up and put it back together.  Maybe if I spent more time sewing instead of thinking...........

chocake2:
The sun was shining and it got up in to the low 70's yesterday.

Good greif - I think we only made it up to 50 yesterday down here in Georgia.  It was cloudy and dreary all day.  I still was a good girl and took the dogs for their long walk.  Dave on the other hand if a fair weather dog walker.  :o{

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596
Snowbird Quilter replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 11:49 AM | Locked

Here I am a day late and a dollar short!

Yesterday was a beautiful day here.  Sun, no wind just a gorgeous day!  Most of the trees and shrubs still have their leaves.  The colors are so pretty this year.  So unusal for our country.  We usually go from green to black, so I'm really enjoying this fall.

I got the last of the perennials trimmed down and the mess hauled off.  So today I'll load all 1,000 feet of garden hoses into the tractor trailer and get them into the garage for the winter.  You'd think that having an underground irrigation system, I wouldn't need so many hoses.  However, I do!  LOL  It's dry country here you see.

I think today and tomorrow are supposed to be nice.  Then much cooler during the day and just plain cold at night.  I think it's time to start packing to go south.  Hmmmm -- how much of the stash do I pack?

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 11:51 AM | Locked

Snowbird Quilter:

Hmmmm -- how much of the stash do I pack?

You could go "stashless" and hit all the quilt shops along the way.  Or do you fly to Arizona? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 12:03 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

chocake2:
The sun was shining and it got up in to the low 70's yesterday.

Good grief- I think we only made it up to 50 yesterday down here in Georgia.  It was cloudy and dreary all day.  I still was a good girl and took the dogs for their long walk.  Dave on the other hand if a fair weather dog walker.  :o{

And we only made it to a high of 39.  Brrr!  But the sun was shining and DH did get the dog out for her long walk.  We've found it's easier on us the rest of the day if we get her out in the morning, so we rarely miss a day, even when it's below zero in January.  She's only 3 and still high energy.  DH walks the week days and I do the weekends.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596
Snowbird Quilter replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 12:07 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
You could go "stashless" and hit all the quilt shops along the way.

Oh my Marge:  I drive!  It's 1,000 miles from my doorstep to the doorstep in Yuma.  And it's all desert between here and there.  I do go through Winnemucca, Fallon, and Las Vegas tho.  I travel Highway 95 nearly all of way.  I'm like most of the men in my family. LOL I get in the pickup, stop to P__, gas up, and eat supper, sleep one night,  breakfast and back on the road.  I don't know why I'm that way, I just am. 

I'll bet I go by a lot of great quilt stores.  I really should get one of those quilt travel books and relax a little.  Just not part of my nature.  But, if I'm traveling with someone else and they are driving, then I always want to stop and shop, or site see! 

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 12:10 PM | Locked

Prairie Dog:
I folded fabric most of the day, which was theraputic but I had to keep my back turned towards the gaping hole in my table.

I think you should quilt a table topper to cover that gaping hole.  Oh, that's right, you don't have a machine to make one.  Well, now you've got a plan for next time!  Hope all goes well at the machine doctor.  I really should get mine in.  I don't sew nearly as much as most do here, but still it's been 2.5 years, and it's never gone in for a check up.  I like Gini's analogy of a day at the spa.  Too bad some shops don't offer that service - a massage for us while the machine gets its lube.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675
Prairie Dog replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 1:05 PM | Locked

SHE'S HOME!!!  I went to pick up Miss Pfairie and it so sad.  There she was in the middle of a line up, on the floor, up against a cold wall.  Just waiting her turn to go into The Room.  I swear I saw her little lid flutter when she realized I had returned for her. I wanted to take all the sad sewers home but I couldn't rescue them all.  But some of them looked like they hadn't had a mom for a long time.  

Miss Pfairie didn't get her spa treatment but she's home and safe.  Now she has to get all her chores done.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 2:17 PM | Locked

Hear Ye

With any kind of luck at all, Randy and Kris will be here Monday. That means the remodeling that started in March should be finished before Christmas! OK, I'm exaggerating, but maybe not by much. Who knows. It also means that the water damage will get fixed! Yea! I don't know if it means that the cabinets that are turning from white to tan with pink inside the doors, or all the shelves, crown molding, baseboards and doors that are white and turning yellow as well, will get painted, but one can hope!

They, not Randy, finally got the surround sound installed in the studio. So far I really like it!

My plan today is to finish hand stitching the binding to the FOT/Festival of Birds quilt. I think the committee would like it earlier rather than later. :-) I also need write a description of it.

Our weather has been rather chilly the last couple of days; but today it is beautiful! Glenn is grousing that we need moisture, but then he likes to complain. When it snows, he'll complain about the cold. You really can't win for losing with him. LOL! Nana, are you sure I can't send him to visit you for a month or two? :-)

Well, the binding isn't going to attach itself, so I'd better get busy.

Thanksgiving Falling Leaves

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 3:53 PM | Locked

Well I have three of the aprons for the Christmas tea at church finished and a fourth has the edges pressed over so it is ready to sew.  By this time tomorrow I should have all five done and be started on the pocket tissue holders.  Then I can get back to my stuff. 

My DS and I got rained out walking the dogs.  The sun was shining when I went out.  If I'd have thought it was going to rain, I would have worn my rain gear.  The sun is still shining over to the south of us so there is probably a rainbow out there somewhere. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 5:25 PM | Locked

I spent my day  crawling around the floor, layering and basting (youch) the feathered star. I even got started actually quilting it!! I'm using the tear-away quilting paper for the first time. My feathers actually look like feathers! That's a delight...altho the stuff is so expensive I can't help but wonder if I couldn't just use waxed paper and get the same results. Does anyone have any thoughts? 

Interestingly,  I forgot to take my machine off 1/2 speed when I sat down to quilt. My FM stitches came out more even and controlled , so that little mistake taught me something. Someday my quilting might actually look good.    ...Someday.

Now my shoulders are stiff and achy. My lower back is tight and my hips...oh don't even mention my hips! Why do we do this to ourselves?? Who says that quilting isn't strenuous??   ..Ok. Ok.  I'm sure some of my joint complaints  (hips and hands) stem from a weather front that's moving in today and bringing changes in the air pressure, but not all of them.  And we all know who is gonna go rushing back to her sewing machine to finish this quilt, aches or no, right?? LOL     Hubby is just gonna have to earn his quilt with lots of back rubs and shoulder messages! LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 5:52 PM | Locked

Prairie Dog:

OK Girls,

I'm on a war path now!!!  Just called to see if I can pick up Miss Pfairie.  She's been away from me since Tuesday and she's not even sick.  HE HASN'T EVEN LOOKED AT HER YET!!!  I'm going over there to break her out.  If I need back up. . . .never mind, you couldn't get here fast enough. . . I'll be packing a rotary cutter and a really big pin. 

PD~

You must get another machine. We will be seeing you on the national news. You know going postal? Would this be going quiltal?

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 5:56 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Have you ever noticed that your creativity goes into over-drive when you can't sew?? Mine sure does. As soon as my machine goes to the shop, I get 10,00 new ideas for projects!

My creative overdrive never stops. I wish there was a way to shut it off so I could concentrate on what I am working on and not be thinking of 20 projects down the line. My head is in constant whirling.  No wonder I walk in circles!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 5:59 PM | Locked

Prairie Dog:

SHE'S HOME!!!  I went to pick up Miss Pfairie and it so sad.  There she was in the middle of a line up, on the floor, up against a cold wall.  Just waiting her turn to go into The Room.  I swear I saw her little lid flutter when she realized I had returned for her. I wanted to take all the sad sewers home but I couldn't rescue them all.  But some of them looked like they hadn't had a mom for a long time.  

Miss Pfairie didn't get her spa treatment but she's home and safe.  Now she has to get all her chores done.

So does this mean she didn't get a check up?

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 6:02 PM | Locked

Snowbird Quilter:

Marge (AKA Dimples):
You could go "stashless" and hit all the quilt shops along the way.

Oh my Marge:  I drive!  It's 1,000 miles from my doorstep to the doorstep in Yuma.  And it's all desert between here and there.  I do go through Winnemucca, Fallon, and Las Vegas tho.  I travel Highway 95 nearly all of way.  I'm like most of the men in my family. LOL I get in the pickup, stop to P__, gas up, and eat supper, sleep one night,  breakfast and back on the road.  I don't know why I'm that way, I just am. 

I'll bet I go by a lot of great quilt stores.  I really should get one of those quilt travel books and relax a little.  Just not part of my nature.  But, if I'm traveling with someone else and they are driving, then I always want to stop and shop, or site see! 

Patty~

Do you drive all by yourself?

North of Boston MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675
Prairie Dog replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 6:18 PM | Locked

Diane,

No, she will have to wait.  She's as linty as when she went in.   I didn't go Quilty on him.  He's a nice guy. 

Page 943 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 941 942 943 944 945 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use