Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today!

Page 885 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 883 884 885 886 887 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,502
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 12:57 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
Hey! Don't I get any credit here? lol This quilt shop is 15 minutes from my house. I thought I told you about this shop.

Diane,

this shop had been on my "to see" list for some time. I just kept putting off my visit. You'll get credit for Pine Tree Quilts. LOL.

I have a brochure of all the quilts shops in Maine and NH. I've been trying to visit as many of them as I can.

I didn't see the sit down machine in the shop but I have played with it before at the local dealer here in Sanford. It's not what I was looking for for quilting so I passed on it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 1:37 PM | Locked

If I buy a machine like that - it would have to be the sit down machine - my legs are more and more giving up on me... I try so hard but the stress fractures are becoming more and more prevalent and from what they tell me there is nothing they can do for me...

I got that book about all the quilt shops around the country and I don't think it actually has half of them because the quilt shops I go to in this area weren't in the book... so does anyone know if they have to pay to advertise in that book...it is a neat book...

And Missouri girls - i love the Bittersweet quilt shop that I found in the southern part on my trip to Chicago - so cute... was a 12 mile detour for me but what they hay right... I wish I had had time during the day to run to the ones in Chicago but that will be my next visit up to see Eileen... I'll get her to take me to them then...

The sun came out for a few minutes here but still cold and damp... thought maybe we would get some relief and the storm would pass... but so far... the sky is right on the edge of opening up... we have rain  forecast till Tues then the temp will go back up to the 80s... so just a taste of what is to come is what we are getting...I am toasty warm in my electric blanket though with the kitties loving it...

Football and nascar today and maybe a little sewing but that will have to be later - pain levels still too high...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 3:37 PM | Locked

I had originally planned on sewing all weekend but haven't done any. I found out that one of my grandmas was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's. The good news is that it is just in the early stages and they did give her some meds however she can't drive anymore (which she didn't that much anyways). Since I live so far away I can't visit her but did call her and only got to speak with her for a few minute as my sister her husband and two girls were visiting they live only a few hrs from her. So my grandma seemed really happy. I plan on calling her later though. If I don't do any sewing/quilting today I will tomorrow. I have a exchange block to get done and I am hand piecing two projects which one will be a table runner and the other will be a centerpiece. they are christmas colors and seem traditional. One of the gifts is for my grandma, and she is supposed to fly out here for christmas along with my parents. I just hope that it doesn't progress fast, one of my great aunts on the other side of my family got alzheimers and it progressed pretty fast in a few months. I have attached a photo of the piecing I have done so far.

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 3:40 PM | Locked

Valerie

I love the double wedding ring pattern.  I just haven't found the patience to do one yet.  So sorry to hear about your grandmother.  Alzheimers is such a sad disease.  I will keep your grandmother and her family in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 3:43 PM | Locked

This one is easy as it was a pre-cut kit I got at the old country store in Lancaster, Pa. It even has notches in the middle of all the cut pieces so you just really need to line them up (pin as needed) and then just start stitching.

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 3:44 PM | Locked

Valerie

I might actually be able to do that one....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 3:57 PM | Locked

The kit was around $30 however they had a grandmothers flower garden kit for around $18. The kit is actually big enough to make a 55x75 quilt however I wanted to make quite a few christmas gits since I liked the fabric so I am not actually making it into a bed quilt. I don't remember if they had other patterns or not. they were in a aisle on the bottom shelf, so I almost didn't see them!!  That would be such a shame as I am sure other quilters would have liked them if they had been placed a little bit better. Cutting is my least fav thing to do and I am also not that good at it. lol

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 4:26 PM | Locked

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, Valerie. Alzheimer's is oftern as hard, if not harder, on the family as the victom.  You're double wedding ring is gonna be GawR-juss!

I just laid down for a quick nap with hubby. I took my new glasses (3 weeks old) off and laid them down on the bed. Gee... That was DUMB! 'Guess I'll be taking them for repairs tomorrow.... :(

DD has gone on a bead making kick this weekend. I did a couple of little black spiders and she thought they were really cool. She made wire webs and strung them for Halloween earrings Sorta like these:  http://74.220.29.219/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HMB&Product_Code=wwspiderpairb      Way cute! She thought they were so fun she decided she needed some jack-o-lanterns and more spiders so she could make a matching necklace. I told her if she wanted 'em, she had to make 'em. LOL She's been at the torch all day and had more failures then successes, but she's learning a lot. In the meantime, I can't get a thing done... I'm supervising the torch work pretty closely.  (Wonder why?)

It's still clear and sunny here, but the wind is really coming up. They say we'll start getting more "seasonal" weather tomorrow. Darn. I was enjoying Indian summer!! 

I went out this AM aand dug my herbs to put in pots for the winter. Hopefully they won't object to being transplanted. I've never tried it before...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,271
Patti replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 4:31 PM | Locked

I am finally going to start up the first fire of the season, in the fire place.  It has been rainy and cloudy so the house isn't getting the usual sun that heats up the logs.  I could use a roasty toasty fire, as I have a cold.  Something comforting about the radiant heat of a wood fire. 

Then I am going to work on the MQ.  Want to catch up, and play with the pieces.  It has been the biggest mystery so far.

I did go to the Wenatchee quilt show yesterday.  Took lots of pictures, but am sorting through for the best ones.  More and more I like the samplers and have decided that my Christmas quilt for next year will be a sampler with lots of varied stars of different sizes.  If I see a star block I like, I'll make it and find ways to fill in the gaps in between when I have enough stars.  Kind of like my own block of the month. 

My father-in-law called this morning.  He visited us for about 5 days a couple weeks ago.  His girlfriend was going to come with him so we could meet her, but didn't feel up to the trip.  She passed away last night in her sleep.  About 4 hours after she sent a sweet email to my DH.  I feel so sad for my FIL.  He had just been saying that he was so glad he had met her.  She had lost her husband  3 years ago, and understood how he felt after losing his wife.  They were good companions and both rejoicing that they would not be alone in their old age. 

Probably won't get to Lancaster in March.  DH and I now think it would be better to make a winter trip.

Well, I am going to make that fire.  I think I need my insides need it as much as my outside.  And a cup of hot cocoa. 

I know this is silly.  But I try and think of who would make him a good friend.  He's a wonderful man, In his 70's but very healthy and very handsome.  Loves to travel all over the world, and would show great interest and encourage a friend's hobbies.  Money would not be an issue either.  Perhaps I will go to Lancaster after all, an extra trip and drag him along.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 4:47 PM | Locked

Patti~

So sorry to hear about your FIL's friend passing away. How sad for him when he had found someone. Had she been ill?

Your fire sounds good. We haven't had the heat on yet or the gas fireplace but it will be soon. Nights are getting real cold here now. Good sleeping rolled up in a quilt.

It's funny you mentioned making a  sampler of stars. That's what is rolling around in my head, too. Sort of making my own BOM with a different star block. I have so many beautiful blocks that I want to make. I would still like to make the Ninfy Nine Patch from the Shop Hop and there are 3 or 4 from Easy Quilts and APQ that I love. So many ideas and so little time.........

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 5:57 PM | Locked

Patti

Gee if I was single I would be hopping at that offer.  Sounds like a marvelous man.  I am so sorry that he lost his companion.  Sometimes it feels like life just isn't at all fair.  I will pray that he finds peace.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 6:01 PM | Locked

Patti

I have been throwing around the idea to do my own sampler quilt as well.  I have seen several BOMs that I really love but they are all based around star blocks.  I have decided that I have lots of star block patterns so why pay for a BOM pattern.  I will just design my own.  I also think it will be lots of fun creating my own BOM style pattern.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 553
Points 11,305
Gagoo replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 6:37 PM | Locked

I checked in on Jodies Sampler and now will do here also. I MISS, MISS, MISS everyone! Started a job in August as a seamstress for a uniform shop. I work swingshift and will be going to 10 hr days, 6 days a week for the next few months(if I last). Still on disability and I am taking this job one day at a time. Doctor put me on more meds so that I can get through my shift. Haven't sewn at home since August and really need to catch up. Would love to get a part time job at JoAnns or someplace like that so I can have a life(and QCA time)

I never realized how much all of you meant to me until I havent been able to "talk". I will check in on you every now and then and remember that all of you girls are in my constant thoughts.

Quilty Hugs

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 6:53 PM | Locked

Thea ,football and nascar bout just what I did all day,throw in laundry. ,but spent most of day on soaf wrapped in quilt to stay warm.Hubby needs to have the house cool for easier breathing ,nearly freezes me out sometimes ,so it really plays havoc on my knees ,which have ached all day..Hope you get to feeling better .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 6:55 PM | Locked

Valerie ,sorry to hear about your grandmother ,will say a prayer for her. Your project is really pretty.look foward to seeing it finished ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 885 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 883 884 885 886 887 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use