I had a dream...

Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 45 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

ROFLOL...I don't know what witchies are either. that is too funny!

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 5:26 PM

Rhonda

I didn't think I would get by with using a "b" instead of the "w".  There is noway that I want to work on a quilt that measures an inch when you are finished...noway...not me......

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

All I can say is that Gini better get on here soon and clarify what she meant and she better do it soon cuz this conversation is going nowhere real fast LOL

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,755
Points 364,962
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 16 2011 11:37 AM

Rhonda,

Gini has photos of her "inchies" in her blog. They are mini quilts that measure one inch when finished. The two inch quilts are called "Twinchies".

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Sun, Jan 16 2011 1:28 PM

these were so much fun to practice embellishing on. i thought you might be interested in them.  now i need to find them and turn them into a wall hanging for the studio     it was an exchange, i made 24 and sent them off and 24 different ones came back   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

each one of those blocks are only 1 inch? OMG I might be able to machine quilt those LOL You should hose another one of those

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Sun, Jan 16 2011 6:21 PM

rhonda, these are twinchies, they are two inches square   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Oh well - those are giant sized!  :o)  Such patience to make something that teeny tiny. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Rhonda Laws:

I type in tears...

I am currently at work and I do NOTHING at this job. So I usually peruse the internet. Well, while looking at various blogs, I came across Ami Simms' blog and she was talking about the Alzheimers Art Quilt Initiative. Well, my grandma is in the nursing home because she has Alzheimers. So I clicked on the website and lo and behold the take donations of quilts no bigger than 9x12. Hmmm think that "vision" was for them? YES NO DOUBT IN MY MIND!!! I know exactly what I am supposed to do. I may even start it today! I am in tears but tears of honor and joy and maybe some tears of sadness because I hate what that disease has done to my grandmother!

OK I am working on a name for this quilt (too early for pictures) and I want the name to reflect both sides of my grandmother the loving, kind pre-Alzheimers side and the loving, kind, confused post-Alzheimers side. Here are the ones I am auditioning and I would love some input. Please note some of them are not spelled properly on purpose:

Beautifully Bizzare

Beautiful Bedlam

Kaotic Kindness

Kindhearted Kaos

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 10:17 AM

Rhonda Laws:
OK I am working on a name for this quilt
   Rhonda,  I have years of experience in working with Alzheimer and other dementia patients, and my father had Parkingson's dementia.   The only thing that comes to my mind is  Day and Night.   That is what the dementia's do to people, doesn't matter if they were good folks or bad it makes thier life go from Day to Night.

You choose what feels good to you.    PS I watched the videos on free motion that you posted the other day, thanks for the link.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 10:18 AM

Oh my goodness, I can't even think of working on something that small. 

Granny M

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Granny M:
The only thing that comes to my mind is  Day and Night.

Granny M I posted 4 choices and I wanted you to pick from those. They also kinda go with the quilt I am sorry for the confusion. I guess I didn't make myself clear

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,835

I like the Khaotic Kindness...

I know all about Altheimers& Dementia.  I was my Grandmothers caregiver for 4 years in her home..she is gone now, but the toll the disease takes is... the spirit & life from the ones we love the most. ( I have tears now). She is the one who most inspired me today to do what I love..quilting, baking.  I helped her for many years , learning so many things & watched her slowly slip away....Many times she could not explain in words what to do...but she could show you.

I wish all who are dealing with this is Patience & Love.. and (((Hugs)))

Susan.....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Sun, Jan 23 2011 12:07 AM

i like any of the last three, bedlam and chaos describe alzheimers better than bizarre   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Sun, Jan 23 2011 5:33 AM

Rhonda Laws:

Granny M:
The only thing that comes to my mind is  Day and Night.

Granny M I posted 4 choices and I wanted you to pick from those. They also kinda go with the quilt I am sorry for the confusion. I guess I didn't make myself clear

Sorry I misunderstood, any one of those 4 would be nice.

Granny M

Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use