baby lock

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
32 Posts
Points 570
cl_ranger@hughes.net posted on Sat, Jan 8 2011 11:05 AM

I'am thinking of buying a Symphony machine. Does anyone own one so they can tell me how they like it ?

Thanks so much,

cl_ranger@hughes.net

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Hi Nana,

The Symphaony was designed as the ultimate quilting machine, no embroidery.  I have one of those already that I love!

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Hi CLD,

I measured my machine and without the extension table, it measures 11x19 1/2.  I am sure it will fit your table!

Judylee

Not Ranked
Female
32 Posts
Points 570

Thanks Judy Lee,

It will be tight but it will fit. We had 8" of snow last night so have to help Hubby for a few hours. The air is so clean, but not real cold out.yet. I have COPD and the clean air feels good.

Thank again,

CLD

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Hi CLD,

I couldn't stand the cold like that at all.  I sleep on my heating pad to keep me toasty warm.  I have MS and the warmth feels really good!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
77 Posts
Points 2,200

I have a basic Baby Lock machine, it's 15 years old and it's been serviced twice just for cleaning and tuning it up. It isn't the Symphony but I just wanted to add that I love the Baby Lock brand. I think it's really well made and I've never had any trouble with it whatsoever. I hope you enjoy your new machine!

Not Ranked
Female
32 Posts
Points 570

Hi Judy Lee,

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply back.  MS in tough. Sounds like your doing O.K. Well no big sale yet on the Baby Lock Symphony yet. Just have to wait till the weather breaks here. We are getting so much snow here. 3 major storms so far and another on coming on Sunday night into Monday. thats what we get for living in Michigan.. Almost done with Cabins in The Woods Quilt. Will post a photo of in when it's done.

Take care and thanks,

CLD

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
32 Posts
Points 570

Hello Sarabela,

Thanks for the information. The one store I have on my list to keep getting updates on there sales  e-mail  me about the Viking Ruby on sale and it sounds like a good deal but the Baby Lock Symphony has my heart.  I know I can hand it down to my Daughter or Granddaughter is nice to know.

Thanks again.

CLD

Not Ranked
Female
32 Posts
Points 570

Hello Judy Lee,

Hope everything is O.K. with you? Getting ready to order my machine. Did you go to the class? What was it like? What questions did you ask?

Let me know. They are going to have a teacher there when I pick up my machine to give me a get to know crash course.

Get back to me soon.

Thanks

CLD

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Hi CLD,

I am doing great, thanks for asking.  When I went to my crash course on my Jewel, I really didn't know what questions to ask.  You are really smart to ask for help.  They will show you how to load the machine, how to use pins, how to use the bungie cords but they do leave blank spots! Big ones! 

1. How do you use the bobbin winder?

2. How do you change the needle? The shank is completely round so there is a real finesse to it!

3. How do you  oil the machine and do the routine maintence!

4,How do you correct the tension in the bobbin verses the top side of the Jewel and what in what order?

I still thinking of more  but can't think of much more off the top of my head.  But as thing arise feel free to email me and I will help the best that I can.

jpendot@aol.com

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20

Judy - if you don't mind me asking, what did  new Symphony cost?  I have a Baby Lock Esante ESE2 and am thinking of upgrading.  I'm trying to find the cost of a Symphony on-line but have not been lucky.  Many thanks.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Nov 25 2011 11:03 AM

Hi 49punkin,

Baby Lock makes you go to a dealer to get prices.  I was able to get mine during a sales event and paid around $2,300.  I believe that she is worth every penny!  Good luck on upgrading!

Judylee

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use