baby lock

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
32 Posts
Points 570
cl_ranger@hughes.net posted on Sat, Jan 8 2011 11:05 AM

I'am thinking of buying a Symphony machine. Does anyone own one so they can tell me how they like it ?

Thanks so much,

cl_ranger@hughes.net

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Hi CL_Ranger,

I got the Symphony last week and OMG!  I love it, it runs so quietly and the table base makes it much easier to really nail those pesky 1/4 seams, LOL.

The pivot feature is as handy as a pocket on a shirt, especially on appliques.   I am still learning all the features, like building my own stitches but so far, I am definitely loving it.  I have an Ellure Plus from Babylock and it is the perfect size for me for embroidering but the throat plate made it difficult for me to wrestle my quilt through it for free motion quilting.  Now I have 2 of the perfect macnines.LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
546 Posts
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 3:29 PM

I got a new baby IT is a ellageo I  am so happy with her she is great was off work today got to use her all day

Happy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,314 Posts
Points 154,618

Lucky you Judy Lee.  You must have got one of the first off the assembly line as these are so new. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,654 Posts
Points 82,429

Hi Cl,

For security purposes you shouldn't use your email address as your name or in your signature. This is an open forum and you never know who might be on here. You can go into your account and change it.

And welcome! And I'm a babylock girl, too and I've deliberately stayed away from the sewing machine store so I can't see it and want it bad. I have an Ellegante which is my treasure.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,654 Posts
Points 82,429

Judy Lee~

Congrats!!!!!!!!! Let us know how you keep liking it more. I just can't go look at one.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,741 Posts
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 4:29 PM

Judy Lee

How big is the throat space on the Symphony and what is the price range?

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
32 Posts
Points 570

Thank you Diane,

How do I go into my account to change it?

The reason I asked about the babylock Symphony is because I have to travel over 2 hours to see one,so I want to make sure it's a good machine. Every place I call has a different price and most of the stores in my 2 hours plus area don't have one in yet. I love what I'am hearing about this machine so far. I also have own a Koala  Quiltmate III Studio.One place told me the machine won't fit in it. So I called Bbylock and they said it would fit.The machine I own now is a Jamone Memory craft 5700.I do more Quilting and sewing than anything else. So far the prices that I have gotten are from $ 2199.00 to $ 2000.00 

Judy Lee,

Did they want you to take lessons? It's so far to travel thats why I am asking.

Thank you for all of the feed back and it will be a month at least tell I can get one. I'am working on a quilt now and everytime I sit dow to machine quilt I say to my husband I can't wait to get my new machine.

Thanks again.

CLD

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,741 Posts
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 12 2011 2:28 PM

CLD

To change your screen name go to your home page and then go into edit profile.  I don't remember exactly which line it is on but keep scrolling down and you will find it.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Hi CLD,

If you go to a BabyLock dealer on a holiday sale , Like Valentines Day should be the next one.  Usually they put the machines on sales and you will get your best deal.  I got mine for less than $2100 and it comes with all the extras that you would normally buy as a quilter.  I absolutely love my machine.  It comes with the project book, those normally cost an addition $100 and it shows in color all the bells and whistles and how to use them.  I am going to schedule 1 class, sometime next week, it is 50 miles away.  I have had my machine since Jan 1, I have sewn on it and now I think that I know the right questions to ask.  So one trip should be enough!

Hope this helps,

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Hi Nana,

I measured 9 inches from the needle to the right side of the machine.  It also comes with the 22 inch extension table.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

I'M a LUCKY DAWG!

Not Ranked
Female
32 Posts
Points 570

Hi Judy Lee,

The opening on my sewing cabinet is 11 1/4  by 20 3/4. Will the machine fit inside this opening? I called Babylock but it would be nice to make sure from some one who owns one.

Thanks ,

CLD

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,741 Posts
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 1:11 PM

Does the Symphony also do embroidery? 

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
32 Posts
Points 570

Hi Nana,

No embroidery but it has 460 built in stitches and 3 built in alphabiets. I 'am really looking for a quilting machine and love the pivit and thread cutter features. Saves thread and makes machine quilting so easy.

CLD

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use