rated by 0 users
This post has 452 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Granny M:
Yep, that's why I schedule quilting time on my calendar

That is a great idea! i will work on that! Just make it one of the priorities! As soon as I get this neck cleared up!

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Marie:
I'm not seeing fabric stash, are you a stasher?

OK...I took some pictures of my stash because I think it might help others who are looking for an inexpensive way to store their fabric... I can see the bottom shelf needs to be cleaned grrr

My fabric is all standing up because it is wrapped around these cardboard squares...

You can buy a more expensive version of this but I didn't want to pay for them so I cut up a bunch of boxes and wrapped my fabric and then slipped a piece of paper in each one with the amount of fabric that was there. I arranged them by color. All my FQs are stored in plastic shoe boxes...

and finally my batting (well most of it) is stored on top of my book shelf...oh yeah there are also some cut up jean squares in one of those boxes and not sure what is in the other LOL

My books are on the top shelf of that book case BUT my magazines are a whole other story!!!! They are truly another addiction!

Cumberland Gap, TN

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,839
Points 352,742
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 7 2011 3:50 PM

Rhonda Laws:
That is a great idea! i will work on that! Just make it one of the priorities! As soon as I get this neck cleared up!

Rhonda,

I hope your neck gets better soon. I haven't pulled a muscle in mine but they spasm like crazy. Once it was so bad it pulled my head to one side. The docs kep me sedated for three days.

I like your storage area. I usually bring home empty bolts from the LQS. I cut them in half. They fit perfectly on my book shelf. I'm running out of shelf space though.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

I used to have much more but when we moved 500+ miles I shared a great deal of fabric with my friends. I am slowly rebuilding though.

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Rhonda~

Thanks for sharing your sewing room with us. I look at all these sewing rooms and mine doesn't look like these. I don't have an inch to spare and I am in two rooms and creeping out to the kitchen more and more. Part of mu problem is that I have a large 3 season sunroom that just gets too cold in the winter to work in. So I have to move things in the studio area for the winter and now I'm really squished. If I ever get the rooms neat enough to show to the public, I'll take some pics. But my rooms are not neat like everyone else's. I have stuff everywhere!

If your sore neck continues it could be a pinched nerve. My Dh is going through that again right now. He has a pinched nerve in his spine which is afffecting his neck,shoulder, arm and hand. He's in agony and going to a chiropractor. Hope yours doesn't get any worse.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Diane, I do have a pinched nerve in my neck and it is indeed affecting my shoulder and arm all the way to my hand. I can get about four hours of relief with the meds I can take every eight hours. Also heat helps a little. They tell I should be better in 7-10 days and I am on day 2...grrr

Those are very kinds words about my sewing room...I am kind of obsessive so that is why mine is so neat...lol My OCD won't allow it any other way. I would still like to see pics of yours mess and all because I always find it interesting to see how other people work. Some people are more creative in different environments.

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 7 2011 5:11 PM

Rhonda

My sewing area is about a 6ft x 8ft corner in our family room.  And boy does it stay a mess.  Every square inch is packed with something.....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Jan 7 2011 5:27 PM

Great space, Rhonda.

I just started gutting my quilt studio so I can rearrange it now that I took down the quilt frame.  It is in TOTAL disarray right now.  I should probably post a picture of it now so it will look that much better when it is done.  It would be good for a laugh at least.  I gave up and took a shower.  I guess I'll get back there and see what more I can do.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Oh please do Jeanine...brag on your finished space...LOL

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160

Rhonda Laws:
...I took some pictures of my stash

Rhonda you are to neat for words.  I can see from here that there are several fabrics there that you can just send my way.  I will help you get them  made into something, since your neck is bad and all.   

Granny M

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Granny M:
I will help you get them  made into something, since your neck is bad and all.   
\

While the help is ever so thoughtful I am sure my daughter would be quite upset since she too like to play with my fabric LOL

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160

Rhonda Laws:
my daughter would be quite upset since she too like to play with my fabric LOL

Ahh, a budding quilter,  Going to be quite something when she also builds a stash, that is way down the road and you will probably have enlarged your sewing room by then.   But just thought I would offer.

Granny M

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 8:48 AM

Rhonda, I can't say enough about therapeutic massage since I was in a bad car accident several years ago. It wasn't directly the injuries that caused me the strain in my neck, shoulders and back, but they way I tried to hold myself to keep from feeling the pain of my injuries!  After a couple months, I was in constant pain from my neck and on-going head aches.  I tried everything.  Then I went to massage.  After the first treatment I felt relief.  I went back 4 more times and was good as new. Now I get a massage about 3-4 times a year, to help with strain from sitting at the computer, or driving too much. 

Even if your medicine works, I would worry about the extra strain caused by the way you hold yourself to keep from feeling the pain.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Patti, was this covered by your insurance? I live in a rural area so I am not sure of any massage therapists in our area but I will look into it. Even if I have to pay for it; it sounds like it is worth it.

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,117
Points 28,385
Wendy replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:41 AM

opps

Page 2 of 31 (453 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use