New-Left Handed Quilter

Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 37 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Hey Marie That was me I was being evil again LOL, some times I just can't help myself.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Hi Burt/ Lynn, welcome to the site, There I covered myself lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 520
Lynne replied on Mon, Jan 3 2011 9:19 PM

The reason for the name change was that everyone thought I was a man, not a woman.  When I first signed up I was told to use part of my e-mail address.

Lynne

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 520
Lynne replied on Mon, Jan 3 2011 9:22 PM

I wasn't trying to confuse anyone.  I was told to use part of my e-mail address as my sign in name.  I had them change it to Lynne later on in the day.  People thought that I was a man and were answering me as Burt.

Lynne

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 3 2011 9:42 PM

Hi Lynne,

welcome to the group.

I have a "Complete Guide to Quilting" from Better Homes and Gardens that has instructions (with photos) for both right and left handers. There is also a blog for left handed quilters you might find helpful.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Diane Morgan:

Who's Burt????????

Thank you, Diane, for asking that question!! I was wondering the same thing, thinking I must have missed something, and kept going back up to see Lynne's name there.

Welcome, Lynne. Hope you enjoy this site.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 520
Lynne replied on Tue, Jan 4 2011 7:46 AM

Hi Kris:

Thank you very much for your input.  I will pick up the "Complete Guide to Quilting" today.  I quickly looked at the blog for left handed quilters (since I am @ work).  It looks very informative. Will check it out in depth later.  Again, thank you.

Lynne

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,085
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 4 2011 9:21 AM

Lynne

Kris always manages to find the places for info.  She is our resident guru....love her to death.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kris amazes me. She has the most organized mind I have ever seen. Maybe that's another calling for her. A personalized organizer for the quilting industry. If Kris doesn't have it....it hasn't been invented yet.

Yup, she's the guru.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

To all you wascally wabbits.....(Leslie included)

I'll have you know that my new tall Santa isn't quite as tall as me. I was sitting beside him and we were making friends. Now we know that Marie is a tad shorter than I am so he's probably more like her height.

And I'm glad we got the Burt mystery all cleared up. I was afraid that we were going to have to call in Sherlock Holmes. lol

North of Boston MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

I really don't think there is any difference between left and right other than put the extra fabric to the side of the hand that has the rotary cutter in it...welcome Burt/Lynne

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Oh Diane, I just could not resist, you looked so adorable there beside your Santa

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Richard, I think your going to have to recruit some more men, lol Now my name can either be used for male or female, so just think of me as another guy LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 4 2011 11:25 PM

Lynne, welcome to the club, as yu can see we have a great group of people here and someone usually always has an answer to your questions. I to am a fairly new quilter  just started last year and I have learned so much  from QCA I hope you will to ...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use