Top 10 Posters

Fabric Hoarders Beware !

Page 20 of 23 (338 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 337 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 230
Lori H replied on Thu, Jul 22 2010 8:57 PM

Me too, have 4 packages of batting from this weekend...when can I run it in the house...well lets see I dont think my husband would even notice...like a needle in a haystack!

Lori

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,135
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 22 2010 8:58 PM

gini:

Carol L:
But sorting and stacking take a lot of time and effort

i prefer  fondling and petting  to sorting and stacking.  gini

Right on Gini!

linny t

Linny T

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 80

Love your description of material stash. Since I live in a small apartment my stash ends up in boxes around the apartment which can trip up visitors.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

I am so glad you know what is wrong with us Helly. One of my friends told me not to buy any more fabric as I have enough and to make it worse she is a quilter too.!!!

Another lady I know  said she does not buy fabric any more as she has enough. How on earth can you not buy fabric when there are new patterns coming out all the time and she only has 3 boxes of fabric. I would never survive this.LOL

Hampshire, England

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Fri, Jul 23 2010 8:51 AM

U could not have said it better.  My husband is a workaholic - enuf said there - but I long suspected that he supported my  fabric habit so I wouldnt harp on his habitual absence.  With seven kids to raise, plus more than a couple years of grandkid raising, a lot of my purchases could not get done.  They are still here waiting for more of my time, until I get the grandkids covered (and I mean that literally).  Working on figuring how to put a thread-painted dragon on one grandsons quilt befor it is put together - what fun.

Now that money is tight, I still can quilt to my hearts content.  I've got a stash steadily declining with liberal usage.  Miss trips to my favorite quilt store, but I'm still quilting.  Occassionally, I run in for an hour or so (my how that time flies when u r having fun ), even pick up a small amount, sigh.  Keep looking towards better times. 

Carol L

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Fri, Jul 23 2010 8:56 AM

wowsers!  U could make a lot of money renting this quy out! 

My hubby tolerates my obcession.  He even finds fabric for a quilt or two if he has to take me to the quilt store, and we end up spending more than I would have myself.  It's my daughter in Hudson who is on lookout for fabric finds for me - she has a gift.  : ) 

Carol L

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

I am very lucky. My DH has no problem with me buying fabric. He spends more time in the fabric store than I do and knows everybody's name. I have to literally drag him away from gold lame or anything that is bright and shiny. He wants me to have what I want which is a good thing but there are bills to pay and cats to feed and we need food. I'm trying not to buy more fabric and use up some of what I have. That should keep me going til 2025. 

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 27 2010 1:01 PM

QCA Liz suggested we bring this forward again, so here it is!

I have to admit I've been sitting here for ages reading the entire thread again.  It's so much fun, and great to see/hear from people that haven't been active with us for a while.  Look at how far back we were already talking about holding our own QCA retreat, and now, finally this fall, we've got two of them in the making! 

So, anyone new to our group, happy reading!  Does this sound like you?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Sat, Nov 27 2010 7:28 PM

Nancy, I had forgot about this forum. Good to see it again.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Sat, Nov 27 2010 9:12 PM

Leslie :
Nancy, I had forgot about this forum. Good to see it again
I didn't forget, was just thinking about this the other day and looked to see if anyone had posted lately.  I'm not real sure that my current system catches all the new posts; I read all the ones listed on the message board, and the ones on "posts you have not read", so thought I was getting them all, hope I'm not missing anything!!  I also like to go back and read these.    Hope we don't lose track of some the other interesting ones, either, like the one on scraps.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 27 2010 9:21 PM

Just an FYI for all fabric hoarders.  I ordered some fabric from Grandma's Attic in Oregon Wednesday evening and it is here already even with the Thanksgiving holiday.  I am impressed.  The fabric is gorgeous and great quality.  The pricing and shipping charges are fair and the service is amazing.  Check it out at  www.grandmasattic.com

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 27 2010 9:31 PM

Nana, that link is taking me to a search engine called Grandma's Attic.  Are you sure the address is correct?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 27 2010 9:35 PM

Nancy

Let's try this again and see if I can get it right....   www.grandmasatticquilting.com

It really helps when you type all the words....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 1:05 AM

Nana thanks for the web site , Looks like a good one ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 360,972
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 6:19 AM

Nana,

Grandma's Attic is another of my favourite online shop (the are many of them). Great service. I have a really pretty silver charm from them. I have no idea what to do with it. .

• | Post Points: 35
Page 20 of 23 (338 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use