Top 10 Posters

Fabric Hoarders Beware !

Page 13 of 23 (338 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 337 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Stephanie:
i was thinking last night it would be so neat if one of us had a big enough house how cool it would be for all of us to have a retreat of our own.....  
I think it would be neat to get together at a quilt show in the middle of  your country and everyone could just meet.

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Helen Bell:

Stephanie:
i was thinking last night it would be so neat if one of us had a big enough house how cool it would be for all of us to have a retreat of our own.....  
I think it would be neat to get together at a quilt show in the middle of  your country and everyone could just meet.

That sounds great to me Helen.  We could sure have some fun!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Wed, Sep 30 2009 8:15 PM

this explains so much!!!  I'll have to send this warning to my quilt group.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,252
Points 134,703
Stephanie replied on Wed, Sep 30 2009 8:23 PM

A centralized retreat would be great.

Edith, I didn't realize you were in the process of remodeling too. What a great improvement it is once you get past all of the building and reorganizing!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Mon, Jul 5 2010 3:45 PM

So, we have two Carol L on this site - I just saw your post for the first time, I didn't know until now.  How can we tell the difference?  I do have the snowman avator, but we seem to also think alike, so we sound alike, too.  My name is Leak, what's yours?

Carol L:

I am a fabriholic, there I said it and I am glad.  When we had family here and I had to sew in corner of my livingroom, fabric was stashed everywhere I could fine space.  (Hmm, is that why they call it ur  'stash?)  : )

I had to hunt and hunt for the fabric I knew I had but couldnt remember where it was put.   Always buying at least 3yards, if I really like it and have the money, just makes better sense for me.  Now, with my own sewing room from a room no longer in constant use as  a bedroom, we find ourself in a financial valley.  Without all that stash, which does include leftover fabric cut in various size squares (I dont find strips very useful), I would be hard pressed to be able to continue.  I do miss visiting my quilt store, tho.  And there will come a time when there will be just too many gaps in my fabric shelving (once a large bedroom closet).   I have to confess a shopping spree egged on by my hubby, of all things.  My plans were just to get a piece of fabric for quilt I was working on, when DH came from the back with several vehicle related fabrics - I am planning on starting my youngest grandson's quilt soon and it has to have vehicles on it.  Hmmmm, he always surprises me.  Quilt store owner was in histerics; she was just as surprised as I was.  Fabric all washed and ready to go, when I decide the pattern. 

Enjoying reading about each and everyone who shares on this web site.  Probably a quilt retreat would only b a pipe dream for me right now.   If u guys get one going, dont spare the detail for those of us who cant join u!  Still have to find money for a first trip to Scotland, Hawaii, and visiting son in Seattle again.   I do like batiks for some projects, dont have a large supply of them, however.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 373
Points 4,980
Annette replied on Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:47 PM

LOL!  I'm so glad someone posted on this thread recently.  I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.  When I get the tears out of my eyes so I can read straight - I'm going to read the rest of this.  Thanks (much belated) for originally posting this Helen.  You made my day.

Annette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 4:35 AM

Helly,This has been a one of the best topics on  QCA.There are some really creative folks on this site.Its funny,and inspiring to read how everyone deals with one "happy" problem.And all those sewing spaces, ahhhhhh....heavenly. Thanks for sharing your addition with us .LOL.....Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 6:32 AM

Hoarders...?..lol.. I am not sure if I can consider myself a horder....lol.. Wait.. I posted my sewing room in the blog " Is Jody a Slob... Ohh so busted...lol...

I usually try to use fabric from my stash first for a project, but it seems I never have the right stuff....,lol..... So off to the LQS I go...lol.. My family knows this is my sanity and leaves me to it...lol..

I have trained my better half to love all my creations .. just have to train my teenagers...lol..

This post has been so fun to read... I need to go to work but I dont want to.... Oh well  I need money for more fabric...

Kelley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

this post hasn't been active for awhile..fun to bring it forward again...hoarding is common in quilters...lol...I will only make quilts from my stash...I only buy fabric on sale and that way it keeps the cost of my quilts lower...I give 99.9% of them away so it can get expensive otherwise...especially here in Canada when fabric sells for $18-20 per metre ...yikes!!...

Ontario, Canada

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 70
Points 1,870

Morning Helen Just read this post Cute so cute But sounds About right to me and if there are aliens coming to turn the earth into a quilting zone sounds like a nice place to live

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

I'm with you Vonda...great place to live!!

Ontario, Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 1:43 PM

Carol, thanks for bringing this thread forward again. It's been fun to read.  You asked about keeping two Carols straight.  The avatar does help, but another suggestion is to add your location to your signature so we get to know Carol from XXX and the other Carol from YYY.  Nicknames have been used to keep people straight, too.  Nana and I joined QCA at about the same time - we're both Nancy.  Now she's Nana and I'm MNnancy.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 1:49 PM

O my - this was written a long time ago - a big change of plans for youngest to an I-spy quilt.  Probably go to quilt store with plans in august.  July too full of birthdays. My name is as is - I dont have an avatar - and I dont get online to chat very often. 

Using up my stash mostly even tho finances have eased somewhat.  It is interesting, actually.  For the I Spy quilt, I will need to find new - ah gee.  : )  Didnt get back to Seattle, so my son and his new girlfriend, are coming here for a week.  My daughter in Scotland is studying for her citizen test - like here, people from Scotland dont seem to know many of the answers.  : )  

Lots of changes.  My soldier son is back from Iraq -   came back with a less than favorable opinion of the place.  He didnt see much in the way of quilting. 

I wish everyone well.  Thanks for keeping me informed..  With heat soring out east, and gulf engulfed in their tragedy (that is so heart wrenching!) , we can only pray things turn out for the better soon.  Me, I'm going to get back to quilting.

Carol L

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 3:47 PM

I think I'm seriously past hoarding. I have no more space in my sewing room for fabric. My bedroom closet is starting to look appealing. I just need a place for the clothing now.

LQS has a great sale going all month $3.95 a yard in the "sale room". They add fabrics to the room everyday so there's always a great selection. This Saturday there will be a fat quarter frenzy that I'll miss out on since I'll be out of town. All for the best I suppose.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 4:38 PM

Or I could switch to initials I use on each quilt label, nclb.  A combination of mine and hubbies initials.  or nclb of Wisconsin, or  CarolLe or,........  : )

Carol L

Page 13 of 23 (338 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use