Page 4 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 52 Replies | 12 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 705

Here is my decision ~for now~

Learn more about the software and features.

Sell my extra machines and grace frame that I don't have room for anymore.

By then it will be January, and we have a quilt show here in January. Hopefully, the companies will put the machines on sale again, and I will have my decision. I am still drooling, my sis thinks I am dreaming big, but why not? If you don't dream big, you can't make it happen.

I am so philosophical today.

I like the Quilter's Choice Pro, too, Pat, but don't use it much, so it is going to find a new home.

~Hopppy quilting~

Linda Froggie 

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 705

Oh yeah, I forgot this part -

I saw a demo of the camera, positioning the needle in just the right spot. WOWEE~
~Hopppy quilting~

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Linda Froggie Quilter (Okla):

Here is my decision ~for now~

Learn more about the software and features.

Sell my extra machines and grace frame that I don't have room for anymore.

By then it will be January, and we have a quilt show here in January. Hopefully, the companies will put the machines on sale again, and I will have my decision. I am still drooling, my sis thinks I am dreaming big, but why not? If you don't dream big, you can't make it happen.

I am so philosophical today.

I like the Quilter's Choice Pro, too, Pat, but don't use it much, so it is going to find a new home.

~Hopppy quilting~

Linda Froggie 

What I'm thinking about is keeping Ellie, the Ellegante for embroidery. Then start looking at a quilting machine. Used or new. So if you do decide to sell anything let us know. You could list your items in the New Marketplace Group. I'd like to look at Bernina's with the stitch regulator, too. Does the Quilters Choice Pro have the PDQ?

North of Boston MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 705

Oh I hadn't thougth of listing them in the New Marketplace Group, thanks for the reminder, Diane! No, the Quilter's Choice Pro is just all by itself, no extra bells and whilstles. I have to take pics of the machines, and get them posted, so people looking for Christmas items can get them!

~Hopppy quilting~

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 30
Linda replied on Mon, Nov 15 2010 2:44 PM

I have two Babylocks. Love them both. They are both embroidery machines as well. Suggestion: take a pair of blue jeans with you when you go to buy the machine. Needle, thread, and machine all make a difference with that kind of mending.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Hello. I am just finding this post. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I bought a Babylock Ellegante 2, which I saved and saved, and yearned for for a couple of years. I bought it in June 2008. Worked fabulously the first 6 months I owned it. started having problems with it, kept a file every time it went in for repairs, and thru my documentation, been in 30 times, mainly for the same problem. Babylock will do nothing about it but continue to repair it untilt he warranty runs out (extended warranty) in June 2013, then it "becomes my problem" as I am told.  They will not stand behind this machine. I have even offered to pay the difference for an upgrade, but they will not do it. They finally exchanged it, and gave me one that was used in classes at their location, the unit was filthy underneath it, with threads, lint, etc. Packed so full of crud I am amazed it would even turn on....cleaned it out, and tried to sew, and it wouldnt even sew....had to take it in for repairs...and on top of it mine was a 4.0 version, they gave me a 3.1 version....so I am less than happy with Babylock and will not recommend anyone to buy Babylock anything. I am talking to the Better Business Bureau who is trying to reach a resolution with Babylock and they will not do anything to cooperate. Short of hiring an attorney, I dont know what else to do. I have gone thru the proper channels everytime it needed to be repaired. I spent $4,000.00 for a top of the line embroidery machine,a nd got a $4,000.00 straight stitch machine. Thats really all its good for. Babylock has continued to replace the same parts over and over and over in this machine, 8 times just for the thread cutter!!! Replaced the pc board in it. replaced another computer part...it is just a lelmon. DO NOT EVER SPEND A DIME ON BABYLOCK MACHINES. You will never get any satisfaction from the company, Tacony Corporation, which is 15 minutes from my house.  I own several sewing machines, been sewing for 40 + years, and have 2 other embroidery machines, as well as a longarm. Good luck with your search for a good machine.

• Filed under:
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 705

That's too bad, my Babylock dealer is AWESOME! I have had good luck with all my machines, they work great. And my dealer is very helpful, and all the employees are very helpful, and fun. I hope you find a brand and dealer that works for you.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 8:01 AM

Love my Ellegante...purchased her from my LQS who is also a Baby Lock Dealer.  She was a trade-in, and I am totally happy with her.  I use her for piecing and for embroidery.  She is an all around machine.  I have 4 machine, a serger (Janome), a Brother and a Featherweight.  I love and use them all, right now I'm using the Serger for piecing strips of Bali Pops.

So sorry BKSutter to hear of your problems with your Baby Lock, at least your dealer is doing their best to help you.  A lemon is a lemon, I know they now have lemon laws regarding cars....hm-m-m wonder if that could apply to sewing machines.  Very strange that a company as well known and big as Baby Lock will not stand behind the machine.

Page 4 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use