Page 3 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 52 Replies | 12 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 865
Traci replied on Mon, Oct 19 2009 2:39 PM

Tammy, I love my BL Elleago!  Its a combo embroidery/sewing machine and its great!  I've had it for about 5 or 6 years.  I also got to sew on the Espire when I went to El's Quilters Retreat at B-Sew Inn in Tulsa, OK.  It was a great machine!

Here is a website that reviews sewing machines, they also review sewing patterns, companies, all sewing/quilt related.  I have found this site to be invaluable!  I hope it's ok to post. 

http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingMachine/

Good luck and have fun!

Traci O.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Traci...not sure if I welcomed you...so I will now...welcome and Hi...hope oyu enjoy this site...we are all having a great time on here.

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 110
Gillian replied on Thu, Oct 22 2009 5:41 PM

Tammy

I can tell you I have had my quilter's professional Babylock for five years now.  And it is great, never had any trouble with it.  It is nearly as quiet as my Janome 6500.  Both great machines.

Happy Sewing,

Gillian

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

I'm bumping this thread to the top! 

Tammy - NE   : What did you end up buying?

Linda Froggie Quilter (Okla):  I see you have an Espire.  Any hints on using the machine?

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 250

The new Symphony (old Espire) is my dream machine.  Hoping to get one by the end of the year.  Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

melinda in tulsa:
The new Symphony (old Espire) is my dream machine.

Melinda:  I wondered if BabyLock had replaced the Espire with the Symphony.  I wonder why?  And will they update the Expire?  So many questions?  LOL  That's me!

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

melinda in tulsa:

The new Symphony (old Espire) is my dream machine.  Hoping to get one by the end of the year.  Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Hi Melinda~

Welcome! How much is the Symphony going for? I have the Ellegante (Ellie) who I love to pieces (pun intended)  but I keep thinking about a quilting machine so I could be embroidering on Ellie and quilting on another machine. But it's not like I lack for sewing machines b/c I could use  four other machines to quilt on......I just always want a new one! It's as bad as always wanting more fabric even though I don't need a thing!

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

I dont have a babylock,but i saw a couple of names I haven't noticed before  So welcome to the site.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170

Hi Everyone,

I have an Ellure Plus by Baby Lock and love her dearly.  I also have the Baby Lock Jewel Longarm machine.  God, I love my sewing room!!!!!!  I want to add the Symphony, it has all the bells and whistles...TOOT...TooT!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 705

Hi Patty!

I like to use a scrap of fabric at the beginning and end to keep the fabric and thread from tangling. I also use the pivot feature, so I can shove the next piece of fabric close to the last one. I also have to clean out the bobbin area quite often, or the sensor that tells me the bobbin thread is getting low gets lost in lint! The pivot and bobbin sensor are my favorite features. BUT - I have gotten the embroidery machine bug, Baby Lock sells embroidery/sewing machines, they look great! I don't know how I have lived so long without one. That means I need to have a Baby Lock sale, and sell at least two of the three machines I have.

~Hopppy quilting~

Linda Froggie

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:43 AM

Linda I have a Brother Quattro 6000 D, This is the same as the high end baby lock I think called the Elssamo (spell not my strong point) These are exactly the same machine with one big difference the quattro cost about half of the baby lock.     Happy sewing

Granny M

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 705

Granny M, I went to the Brother dealer too, I don't remember the price they quoted me! I better call them. Must be old-timers kicking in again. I'll let ya know what i decide, I am just dreaming about this machine. It's a very expensive toy!

~Hopppy quilting~
Linda Froggie

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Linda Froggie Quilter (Okla):
The pivot and bobbin sensor are my favorite features.

I agree totally!  The pivot is a great tool.  I use beginners & enders - bunny tails or ears -- too!

Thanks for responding!

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 6:26 PM

Linda, yes it is expensive but I have not regretted getting it.   The beauty of the embroidery adds so much to my quilting.  I am getting an upgrade next Wed. So when you call the dealer make sure he has that upgrade on the machine.  That Brother should cost about half of what the babylock is and they are the same machine. The upgrade allows the camera to act as a scanner, also bobbin work which I am not ready for, it also makes the thumbnail pictures bigger, adds more fonts, and something else I have forgotten.  The machine comes with all kinds of embroidery in it.  But trust me in the past year AI have built a pretty big library.   Let me know what you decide.

Granny M.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,497
Points 46,880

I have a Quilter's Choice Pro that I really like. I am currently looking into gettng a frame for it.  I look at new machines and drool, but then the budget hits me in the face. LOL!

Page 3 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use