rated by 0 users
This post has 84 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 3 2011 3:13 PM

Marge

But none of us really know where she lives....could be a problem finding it.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Helen Bell:
I am heading out for 3 months on the boat

Oh I am so green.  Enjoy yourself.

Hey gang - Helly is leaving her stash unguarded.  :o) 

oh I will have the security system on!!!! so beware...that would be the only thing I would miss if the house burned down

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 3 2011 3:57 PM

Helly

When do you leave for your excursion?  Where are you going this year?   Absolutely sounds wonderful....3 months just sailing around and seeing whatever,  Have a blast....drink a nice fruity drink for me.   And have a safe trip.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Nana:
could be a problem finding it.

Maybe we could get Edith to help us. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Be careful or Diane will want to move in just so she can stare at your stash. 

Marge~

Well after today and all my putting away fabric, my stash ain't half bad. What with yardage and all the 4" and 5" squares, a huge bin of charm packs, jelly rolls, layer cakes and  tons of quilt kits, I have enough to last me to 125, too. I have way too much. Patterns???? Tons of those, too.

If we do a raid somewhere, I need purples. My only hole.

I would still like to just stare at Helly's, gini's or Judy I's.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Helly~

On the boat again. That sounds so good. Send us pics once in a while. Love to see that boat.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 3 2011 5:32 PM

Anyone needing batting.....Connecting Threads is having a sale on their batting....30% off.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Nana:

Anyone needing batting.....Connecting Threads is having a sale on their batting....30% off.

Man - I didn't see that.  I was so busy spending my gift card on other stuff.  Oh well. I got some batting from JoAnn's when it was on sale and it still unused on my shelves. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 3 2011 6:02 PM

Marge

I don't usually buy my batting from Connecting Threads because I don't use the Hobbs alot.  But when it is on a really good sale I can use any brand....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Jan 3 2011 6:07 PM

I discovered a $20 from Hancock Fabrics in my purse today after spending the $100 last week to get the coupon and another $100 on New Year's (that I could have used the coupon on).  Now it looks like it will have to go back and spend another $20...at least.  They had batting on sale for 50% off.  I hope it is still on sale.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Jeanine:
I discovered a $20 from Hancock Fabrics in my purse today

Check the date on your coupon Jeanine.  Mine expired on 12/31 --- that's why I made a JoAnn's run last week.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

we are heading to the boat on the 19th of Jan...looking forward to it...should be a great trip!! will try to take more pics this time

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Haven't fabric prices and thread and batting been considerably high enough? I remember ladies "back in the day" using feed and flour sacks and think maybe I'll  have to get creative if I wish to carry on this "family tradition". My mothers side of the family were "cotton farmers' and every one of my great grandmothers, and grandmothers children learned to quilt. In the 70's fabric was a staple, cheap and uninteresting. Now that there has been a renewed interest in quilting, all of a sudden there is a shortage and the price is going up. Not feeding into this one, can't afford to. This is a hobby and a luxury for me. I'll use my stash, find other resources, or start making a lot of scrappy quilts from whatever sources I can find. So depressing........    

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

years ago quilters used whatever they could find and rarely bought large quantities of one fabric...we can get way more creative and make more one of a kind quilts...it is more fun to make a quilt out of fabric that you have chosen and not some designer....IMHO

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

I guess I could start cutting up DH clothes, I call him Paris Hilton, He has enough clothes to dress 100 others lol

[Ava, Missouri

Page 3 of 6 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use