rated by 0 users
This post has 39 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 1:33 AM

giggles guess what I do.....geeze that button still gets auto hit

Anyway....for the rest of the report. I actually finished a Precious Moments x-stitch project I been working on off and on for 2 yrs...giggles I keep starting another instead of finishing the last one. But simple to take outside or wherever and work on it soooo that what I did.

The pups have been loving outside...wow they have energy.....giggles the things I would do if I had just half of thier energy.......The cooler it gets the more energy they get. Just so ya know leaving them inside when I go outside not a good thing...if ya want a house left when ya return. But I have to say they have the run of the house but only room they wont terrorize is my sewing room.....lol the pups are smart....giggles they get that from me.

I also have to anounce I went shopping today. This was first day in while I had freetime so I used it wisely....lol and yes that is my story. I went to LQS and JoAnns wow was that fun and much needed retail/favric therapy. So now I have to get to sewing so I not waste all that good fabric......lol.

OK I might read a few post before I crash but if not......I will return tomorrow and have to be the quiet one....giggles

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 1:35 AM

OK OK I will try to behave cause umm not even fat quarters in quilting jail is just crewl and uncalled for punishment...I am writing my congressman tonight over this.......giggles

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,387
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 1:52 AM

Thanks for the update Rhonnie. Good to know you're doing well and so busy. Get a good rest and see you when you check in again.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 2,674

Rhonnie,  Welcome back. . .it's good to hear from you again. . .I am envious of your garden. . .we had so much rain in May and June that my tomatoes almost died off. . .as it is we are just now getting ripe tomatoes. . .We picked our "first fruits" on Sunday!   Enjoy all your veggies!

ceecee

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 8:20 AM

Nice to see your giggles again Rhonnie - have missed them..there are a lot of new people for you to meet.  Lots of beautiful quilts they have shared.  I hope you get to your sewing room and make something awesome - looking forward to your next update!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Hi  Rhonnie...you are abusy little beaver, aren't you....

Ontario, Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 62,732

Welcome back, Rhonnie.  I've missed your giggles.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 6:29 PM

CeeCee...

the problem i had wasnt too much rain but that is what caused the problem. Cause of the humidity we ended up with blight. I am glad you are finally getting some tomatoes tho...there is nothing better than homegrown tomatoes

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 7:04 PM

Rhonnie:
hen I have to be brutially honest my bf had some issues and went thru a short depression. It was over finances but thanks to me being a tight wad unless it is for fabric and the LQS. I was proveleged enough to be able to fix that but had to get things in line and sneak it done cause bf not like taking money from me even after 5 yrs. But had to keep him busy and moving so he not get too down. This all happened after being put in hostpital with his congestive heart failure, He had that wonderful overlaod of finances and the knowing coming of many dr bills. The doctor said the stress he had could

Welcome back Rhonnie

Sounds like you have been a tad busy. 

It is terrible when life gets in the way of our quilting therapy isn't it.???My youngest grandson will be here this weekend and I will just enjoy him so much and them he will be off to start school on Tuesday.

Talk Soon

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 7:32 PM

Have fun with him while you can Edith - they grow way to fast.  I am glad you are feeling better.  Hope it continues on that path!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,800

Whew!!! Rhonnie have you ever been busy.  I am tired from just reading about all that you are doing.  Don'tcha love it , though, when you get to show the guys up?  Glad you are back for a little while at least.

Staying busy,

Linda Lou

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

I hope your back to stay for a bit, Rhonnie! We've missed you!

As for the tomatoes, I rank them right there with dentists and those hissy, crawly things! LOL! Shortly after we moved to this house, Glenn who always has a garden, decided he would dehydrate tomatoes. I almost moved out. In fact, I told him if he ever dehydrated tomatoes again, I was going to a hotel for the duration. I cannot tolerate the smell! To make a long story kind of short, it's because when I was 5, my friend and I were riding our tricycles up and down her sidewalk that ran next to her parents' garden. We  ate all kinds of tomatoes from the vine. When I went home, Mom was canning tomatoes. That is a putrid smell no matter how much you like tomatoes. I stood there and talked to Mom while she process these things. I got sick and haven't been able to eat one since! Funny, as I write this, I can still picture everything that happened that day - and it was 247 years ago! OK, it was 55 years ago, but that's close to 247!

Gillette, WY

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 8:22 PM

Edith,

I have to say yes I been very busy..and people should be ashamed of interfering with my quilting time. But finally getting back to it...and wow that is best therapy.

I have to say beimg grandma+ time with grandkids is priceless. I have to say best time spent is with them.......giggles use to say that about my kids

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 8:25 PM

Linda....I live to show the guys up. I never did the feamle job thing I always did a mans job so had to be best or run and hide....lol I not hide well

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 8:36 PM

Judy,

I have to say I can outside so I not have to smell it or I cant eat em for while. But as far as when i dehydrate em I put em in back bedroom and close door turn on attic fan and air flows without me having to smell much of it. But I learned that when I dehydrate habanaro peppers few yrs ago...wow that smell burned eyes and skin so I use it for all things being dehydrated and if real bad like those were i put in garage and use fans out there but not have smell/burn in house. and ummm 247 and 55 yep real close numbers there....giggles you can have your story.

Page 2 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use