Top 10 Posters

Brother Laura Ashley NX2000

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 17 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
7 Posts
Points 155
RUTHD-6 posted on Tue, Dec 28 2010 4:10 PM

Can anyone tell me if they have this machine and if they would recommend it?

Ruth

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 95

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,657 Posts
Points 136,092

Ruth, welcome to the site. I don't have this machine but I'm sure there will be someone on here that can give you the info you need.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,541 Posts
Points 416,959
gini replied on Tue, Dec 28 2010 10:11 PM

hi ruth and welcome to our group   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,741 Posts
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 28 2010 10:19 PM

Ruth

I don't have any personal experience with this particular machine but I have had Brother machines before and really liked them.  Usually a good machine for the money.  Welcome to the site.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,270 Posts
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Wed, Dec 29 2010 12:42 PM

RUTHD-6:

Can anyone tell me if they have this machine and if they would recommend it?

Ruth

Ruth, I have the Brother quattro 6000 D ,  This is the 2nd brother I have owned and I have found them to be great machines.  The last one I had is still going strong after 20 plus years.   I am not familar with the one you are asking about.  Is it an embroidery machine or reg sewing?

Granny M

Not Ranked
7 Posts
Points 155

Dear Granny M.,

Thank you for your response.  The Brother Laura Ashley NX2000 is a quilting/sewing machine.  It has some great features, one being that it sews in several directions.  If you go to the Brother web site you will be able to see a demonstration.  I am shopping for a machine that has a large work area for sewing and quilting.  I have an older Janome machine that sews great but the work area is small and it lacks a lot of features that the new machines have. 

Have a great day,

Ruth D 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,270 Posts
Points 35,195

RUTHD-6:
  I am shopping for a machine that has a large work area for sewing and quilting.

The 6000 does it all embr, quilting, large throat, that said, I am hoping to save enough for a mid arm or long arm in the next year or so.  How big is the throat space on the 2000.    I personally like the quality and value of the brother machines.

Granny M

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 70

For those of you that would like to know  an owners opinion about the HQ Sweet Sixteen, I just purchased one.  I did research and wanted a sit down machine because I have limited space in my sewing room and will be downsizing to a smaller house in the future as we retire.  I didn't want to be quilting with a longarm  with frame in the garage and really couldn't justify the cost for making quilts for myself and family.  I couldn't see spending that much money unless I was going to go into business.  I don't want to go into business.  I looked at a number of machines and had reduced my search to two machines, the tinlizzie and HQ SS.  Well, when I went to a dealer to try out the TL sit down, I was told that it is being discontinued because of a problem first with name and then with  stitching.  I was told that it would be several weeks before a new model would be released.  I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to try it out and I wasn't ready to wait until the new one was tested in the field.  I then  found a dealer for HQ SS and bought it on the spot.  I have it set up and running.  There is a difference from moving from my DSM-Bernina 440 to the HQ, but I love it!!  I like my decision.  I have the BSR on the 440, but never use it.  I have been practicing every day on the HQSS and getting back to the control that I am use to.   Love this machine!!  I spent $4300 on it new!  Would do it again tomorrow!!  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,541 Posts
Points 416,959
gini replied on Tue, Jan 25 2011 8:41 PM

welcome crowmel   i tried one of these out and it is a good machine     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,270 Posts
Points 35,195

crowmel:
I have been practicing every day on the HQSS and getting back to the control that I am use to.   Love this machine!!  I spent $4300 on it new!  Would do it again tomorrow!
I have so wanted one of those, did yours come with the table?  I am saving up the pennies in hopes I can get one before I am no longer able to sew. 

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,579 Posts
Points 139,858

crowmel:
I love it!!  I like my decision.

Thanks for the info. Come join us in the Fear No More FMQ practices.

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 70
crowmel replied on Wed, Jan 26 2011 10:28 AM

Yes, mine did come with the table and it is so perfect.  It is just the right size (HxWxL).  I have two folding 4' tables that I can use on either side of the table temporarily when I am working on a quilt.  Just a note to some of you that are interested.  I have been practicing with a ruler that I purchased when I bought the machine.  The ruler helps stitching in the ditch, etc. I could have never done this with a DSM.  I lay the ruler down on the fabric and then move fabric and ruler to get the desired effect.  In order to save money on ruler guides/tools I had my favorite glass shop cut 1/4" plexiglas circles.  Only paid about $20 and ended up with 5 circles ranging from 10"-4" diameter.   The  longarm tools circles pack is well over $100.   

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20

I bought that machine and I love it. I'm still learning  about it. It's a charm ,I was going to buy the janome 7700  but glad I bought this one.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi crowmel, it is nice to meet you. Congrats on your new machine.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi Cindytooo, it is nice to meet you. You might be interested in the FMQ Group if you have some questions or some answers. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use