Top 10 Posters

Do you have QUILTY RESOLUTIONS FOR 2011?

Page 9 of 10 (138 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 137 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 18 2011 11:52 PM

Amen Deborah. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 18 2011 11:53 PM

Deborah

Sounds like a fantastic resolution to me.  Also I see this is a first post.  Welcome and hope to hear and see lots more from you.  We love meeting new people and learning about their quilting.  I will also have to check out the book.  Sounds really interesting.

Where in Va do you live.  I am in the Roanoke area.

Might I suggest that you not place your private email in postings.  This is a public forum and you never know who might be here.  Our members are a great group of people but unfortunately we don't know who else may be lurking in the sidelines that isn't necessarily scrupulous.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 310
Kimberly replied on Tue, Jan 18 2011 11:59 PM

My Resolutions for this year is to learn some new skills, and advance my current ones.  Get at least one distributor to start carrying my patterns, and make at least 6 new patterns.  I'm a self taught, piecer and quilter and I'm taking my first heirloom machine quilting class in February and can't wait.  I have only taken a few classes due to time and money constraints, so a new class is something to definitely celebrate!  

I'm also going to try and use more fabric from my stash, and try to keep the stash growth from outgrowing my quilting room!  (just kidding- I have nowhere near that much) :)

Kimberly

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Wed, Jan 19 2011 1:53 AM

welcome susan in atlanta  this is a great group of quilters you've found    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Wed, Jan 19 2011 1:54 AM

artsavvy:
Life is too short to finish UFOs when there is so much new out there to play with

this might have to be my new motto,   welcome deborah and thanks for the quote     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Wed, Jan 19 2011 1:56 AM

hey kimberly and welcome.  what kind of patterns do you make?  pieced or applique       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Kimberly:

I'm also going to try and use more fabric from my stash, and try to keep the stash growth from outgrowing my quilting room!  (just kidding- I have nowhere near that much) :)

Welcome Kimberly. Fabric stash is something to be proud of around here but also something many people have issue with. If it was beginning to flow to other rooms we would understand and could probably form a pretty large support group. LOL However, many of us see nothing wrong with that. If I had the funds I would have that very problem. I tend to shop from stash as often as possible but then again I  shop from the stores quite a bit too. Oh who am I kidding I simply shop!!!

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Wow, lots of resolutions here! This is the first time in 13 years that DH and I haven't had a very long list of them. So perhaps it is time. Curious to know if y'all have a resolution that you kept that made you proud. You know, we all have made them and broke them LOL! Once, 2 years ago I resolved to crochet a doily a month for the year and I actually did it. Quilting however, has been a bit harder. So this year, I'm finishing my Baltimore Album (it just needs to be quilted and bound) and to get "Ladies of the Sea" done (she will be sent out to be quilted). I have several kits I want to do, that cute Hoot Owl and a Poinsettia wallhanging with iron-on ribbon for sure. Get my sewing room workable! Also want to use my embroidery machine and serger.

Good Luck all!

xoxoxo

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Wed, Jan 19 2011 9:28 AM

This has been a fun to posting to read. My resolution is to finish my 1 unfinished project, (previouse resolution to finish every project started) sort and organize my stash, and find easy scrappy quilts to use my scraps. Could make many quilts from just the scap pieces. lol How many quilts can you make from your scraps? 

Toledo, OH

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 763
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 6:23 AM

My quilty resolution is to make some money doing what I love, Quilting! And thanks so everyone here, I am putting locking in my feed dogs and moving forward! I am going to make items to sell at local art fairs/shows. Mostly smaller items, bags, laptop covers, wallets, lap quilts, etc. I will also take commissioned quilt orders as long as they realize I will not work on a time line. It is my hope that doing things this way will allow me to keep my love of quilting (large quilts) for me only, but still make some extra cash to support my addiction...and maybe pay a bill or two!

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 340
Kathy replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 1:45 PM

I am on a fabric diet.  I can't buy anymore until I see the shelves again.  Whew, I am going to be busy, because this diet is killing me!

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 1:55 PM

OH NO Kathy

What a horrible diet.  That would be worse for me than a food diet.   Sounds like you and Gini are in the same boat.  Poor things.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Mon, Jan 24 2011 11:22 PM

Continue learning something new on each quilt project and get more involved with QCA.

Toledo, OH

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,243
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 25 2011 2:03 PM

I thought my quilt resolution would be to finish up my UFO's but now I'm changing that to "learn how to free motion quilt well enough to quilt all those UFO's myself.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 2:35 PM

gini:

ok, no laughing chortling or guffawing.  my resolution ito NOT buy fabric the entire year     how long do you think i can last?    hmmm i only have a few days to shop until the end of the year     gini

except for the little glitch with my auntie getting me some wool clothes,  i've made it a month.     gini

gini in north idaho

Page 9 of 10 (138 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use