Top 10 Posters

Do you have QUILTY RESOLUTIONS FOR 2011?

Page 8 of 10 (138 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 137 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Mon, Jan 10 2011 6:47 PM

I think instead of trying to finish some UFO's, I will just make more that would be easier. :)

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

I have thought about this long and hard and this is what I came up with...

1. First and foremost I want to plan my projects better. I want to carefully plan my projects. When I first started quilting (about 10 years ago) I would start projects that simply tickled my fancy or that I thought I was capable of. Then I started teaching and my projects became all about that! Well all that led to UFOs because they had not special landing place. Which leads me to ...

2. Finish all these UFOs...grrr. I have so many of these blasted things. They haunt me. It is starting to become a guilt issue. I have to finish them and some of them simply need....

3.  Learn how to quilt my own quilts. Now I simply cannot afford a long arm machine BUT rumor has it that you can rent the one at my local fabric store. And if that rumor is true...fabulous. If not, then surely I can teach myself on my machine. I hear of people doing it all the time....NO FEAR. I am a self-taught piecer. Why not a self-taught quilter! Period end of discussion!!!

As said by the very famous and quite frankly very u**y Arnold Swarinsomethingorother....YOU CAN DO IT!!!! (it was him that said that right???)

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

I thought he said, "I'll be back."   I can't remember if it was a threat or a promise.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 1:14 PM

Yep it was him.  And YOU CAN DO IT>   

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 1:16 PM

Marge

The you can do it was way before the I'll be back......   I think it was actually during his body building days.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,112
Points 410,989
gini replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 2:30 PM

Leslie :

I think instead of trying to finish some UFO's, I will just make more that would be easier. :)

i think i will join leslie, not only is it easier it is way more fun       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

And it would be so much easier to keep that resolution.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 3:32 PM

to sew more and not worry  about what my kids say about it

Happy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Rhonda Laws:

As said by the very famous and quite frankly very u**y Arnold Swarinsomethingorother....YOU CAN DO IT!!!! (it was him that said that right???)

What about Hasta la Vista, baby????????

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:55 PM

Your right Gini and Marge much more fun, I think I will stick with this one lol

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 190

My quilty resolution for 2011 is to increase my skills on my longarm. I got one for Christmas of 2009 and have not really advanced out of simple meandering. I hope to learn more skills and designs by praciticing at least 4 times a week. I work full-time so can't do it every day but I'm trying to get in as much as I can.

Susan, in Atlanta

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Happy:

to sew more and not worry  about what my kids say about it

Well now that is a curious statement...do share! My 15 yo DD is always making comments about how "stupid" quilting is but gravitates (sp?) there when she needs to wind down. I think my sewing room does for her the same thing it does for me. I am curious what your kids say about it.

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,401
Points 45,170

Leslie :

Leslie, What a great resolution, I think I will adopt this one. LOL

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 365
Points 4,075
Liz K replied on Tue, Jan 18 2011 5:48 PM

To get a large number of my UFOs done, to submit at least 6 quilting articles and to do more art quilts.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 100
Deb in VA replied on Tue, Jan 18 2011 11:37 PM

My resolutions are to forget any obligations, promises, guilty omissions and just have fun and enjoy all the wonderment and pleasure to be had blending fabic, ideas and passions. Life is too short to finish UFOs when there is so much new out there to play with. If I had a resolution it would be to finish anything I  start because if I put it away it becomes just another UFO which causes yuks and groans. Surely there will be a challenge someday to trade a UFO and finish someone else's with complete artistic license. I will have plenty for someone to choose from so all is not wasted. I do plan on employing prayer and guidence with my new creations be it quilts, art quilts, or painting. I also plan on teaching more to pass on gifts given to me. Going to spend signifcant time working in the gym so I can do more without looking for the recliner for a nap first. If I might suggest a book for 2011 it would be Finding Divine Inspiration: Working with the Holy Spirit in your creativity by J. Scott McElroy. Amazing insight into creativity, can't sing enough praises.

Deborah in VA....artsavvy@verizon,net

Page 8 of 10 (138 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use