Do you have QUILTY RESOLUTIONS FOR 2011?

Page 7 of 10 (138 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 137 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

gini:
gee whiz, hildur, i'm going to have to work on you and your ufos,  you don't have near evough.  mine would fit is a storage shed.   

I thought the same thing when I saw that the UFO's would fit in one storage box.  We could maybe have twin storage sheds next to each other and see which one is the fullest.

My goal this year is to quilt more of my own quilts.  I have many tops finished, but it is not often that I get one of my own quilts on my frame... my friends seem to have lots of quilts.  I only quilt for friends, so I don't really want to say no outright... but I'm doing much better about telling them I'm not going to get to a new quilt for a couple months.  If they are in a hurry they go elsewhere.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 2 2011 3:48 PM

Hildur,  I see you've posted a few times, but I must have missed them.  If by chance you have a slightly wacky side, you might want to join us in the "Farm Animals" thread.  There is a poodle there named Ms. Cricket who would probably love to meet your poodles - especially if one of them happened to be a boy. 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 325
Points 5,577
Joanne replied on Sun, Jan 2 2011 3:50 PM

Yes, I have a resolution, try to quilt more and to participate on QCA more or at least try to get online.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

Joanne:
to participate on QCA more

Participating more on QCA would not be conducive to getting my UFO's completed.  I try to limit my QCA exposure to a couple times a week to limit the amount of time I use up.  It can be helpful information you gain on some of the posts, which is a good thing, but alot of time can be lost on a computer.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 2 2011 9:32 PM

Grandma Sal:
but alot of time can be lost on a computer.

Dang, maybe that's why I don't get a lot of quilts done!  (....oh, the truth hurts...)   LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Jan 2 2011 11:43 PM

Ms. Nancy!

We love everybody-they don't have to be a poodle, but me and Callie would love to meet them!  When, what time?  We double date whoever asks us! Ask Callie!  LOL --  Mac, Pancho, Charlie!, and Ms. Callie beaus' also !  See with double dating ya gotta have two guys!  They gotta have two poodles for the double date.! Or find another beau.  Me and Callie go together now.  My mom doesn't let me go on dates alone.  Safety ya know. :)

Hugs

Ms Cricket and Ms Callie  (Double Date Queens)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,835

Jack & Harley would very much like to date a couple of uptown girls....we come from the other side of the tracks..no ganster or druggies are we.  Just some lovable guys who just want to have some fun.....We hate being in the house...mom is always telling us to move out of her way.. we like to be close to the space heater too, and under the table when she is creating some fabric thing that we will never get to put our paws on.  Mom says we gotta be nice..& we will be.  Group dates are alotta fun..so many stories to tell ya about by childhood & that new baby Mable, who is 9 months old now.   she is really beginning to chase us thru the house in her walker..but I got her the other day wagging my tail---it was an accident--but she sure did yell.  Just check your date book & maybe it will work for us too.

Jack, red/brown Shibu Inu

Harley, tan & black Puggle

Susan.....

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092

ROFLOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Susan Smith:
Jack & Harley would very much like to date a couple of uptown girls

I had a Harley too but he was MUCH bigger.  He was a very sweet Rottwieler that I lost to bone cancer just two years after I lost his sister Lady to the same thing.  Jack and Harley need to check out the Farm animals thread for all the latest goings on with the four legged quilting crowd. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 345
Hildur replied on Thu, Jan 6 2011 8:44 AM

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner but I have been sick and also working. I will definitely check out the Farm Animal thread. Sounds interesting. I will look for you there.

Hildur

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 270
CynS replied on Mon, Jan 10 2011 8:25 AM

I resolve to keep a quilting journal.

Tennessee

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 345
Hildur replied on Mon, Jan 10 2011 9:11 AM

That is something I really need to start also. I have made all these quilts and wall hangings that I have given away and have no record of my work. Someone will ask, "How long did it take you to make that?" and I have no idea because I have no records. Nothing written or documented even in the computer. Dummy me.

Hildur

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

Susan Smith:
Jack, red/brown Shibu Inu

Wow, someone else has a Shiba Inu... my little lady's name is Keiha.  She is red/brown and just turned 13.  Keiha just came back from staying with two dachshunds for 5 days while her mommie went to Arizona.  The boys treated her good, but Tootles is so blind, he didn't get to see how beautiful Keiha is for such an old girl.  Brutus has such short legs that Keiha didn't have any problem keeping ahead of him.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 381
Points 5,125
Annette replied on Mon, Jan 10 2011 6:30 PM

My resolutions......1) Get back on/keep up with QCA   2) work on/complete QCA projects  3)  dwindle the UFO pile (or at least keep it steady)  4) work on/complete church/charity quilts  5)  do something for myself  6) take a class or two.    But where to begin????!!!!!

Annette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Annette:
1) Get back on/keep up with QCA
Annette:
But where to begin????!!!!!

Looks like you have already made some headway on this one.  ;o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 7 of 10 (138 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.