Top 10 Posters

Do you have QUILTY RESOLUTIONS FOR 2011?

Page 1 of 10 (138 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 137 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Points 5,312
LadyRags Posted: Mon, Dec 27 2010 12:52 PM

I posted on my blog the UFO list according to my new criteria and priority for finishing the project.

The list is raw and I plan to refine it in the future.

PLEASE, POST YOUR RESOLUTIONS HERE

Nonnie AKA Lady Rags

http://nonniequiltingdreams.wordpress.com/ Nonnie’s Blog

My Blog

http://nonniesquiltingdreams.podbean.com/

Nonnie’s Quilting Dream Podcast Pod cast link

email me at: nonniequiltingdreams@gmail.com

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 1:53 PM

My quilty resolution for 2011 is to make as many quilts as I possibly can....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

My quilty resolution is to make up some of these kits that are sitting on my shelves!!!! 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 2:36 PM

My quilty resolution for 2011 is to get as many ufo's finished as possible and to practice free motion quilting on Celesta.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 2:36 PM

My quilty resolution for 2011 is to get as many ufo's finished as possible and to practice free motion quilting on Celesta.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 2:43 PM

My quilty resolution for 2011 is to finish my last 2 UFO's, make at least 1 donation quilt and learn 1 new technique.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

My resolutions are  (1) to keep up with the projects I have going on through QCA, (2)  continue to make Quilts for Kids quilts, (3) work on UFO pile...about 10  quilt tops, (4) learn QAYG methods, (5) make two commissioned quilts, (6) try stained glass and work on tons of quilt kits and scrap quilts.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,447
Points 361,732
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 4:34 PM

I don't make resolutions for anything. I just go with the flow. There are things I would like to do but if I go in a different direction I'm OK with that.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 4:49 PM

Diane Morgan:

My resolutions are  (1) to keep up with the projects I have going on through QCA, (2)  continue to make Quilts for Kids quilts, (3) work on UFO pile...about 10  quilt tops, (4) learn QAYG methods, (5) make two commissioned quilts, (6) try stained glass and work on tons of quilt kits and scrap quilts.

er, diane,  i think this was a resolution for the next year, not the next decade   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 4:55 PM

My quilty resolutions are:1) to use my stash (!) and 2) attend a quilt camp!

Margaret

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 5:16 PM

My resolutions are 1) use at least 2 fabrics from my stash for each project 2) choose projects with a least one new technique in it 3) perfect my longarm quilting patterns 4) finish the 1937  Grandmother's Garden Quilt that I was hired to complete by hand, then longarm quilt it and bind it.

Oh, Yes! Eat more cookies!

Christmas Cookie Rules

1.   If you eat a Christmas cookie fresh from the oven, it has no calories because everyone knows that the first cookie is the Test Cookie and thus calorie free.

2.   If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also has no calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories.

3.   If a friend comes over while you're making your Christmas cookies and needs to sample, you must sample with your friend.  Because your friend's first cookie is calories free, Rule No. 1 means that yours is too.  It would be rude to let your friend sample alone and being the friend that you are, that makes your cookie calorie free.

4.   Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your feet and eventually fall off as you move.  This is due to gravity and the density of the caloric mass.

5.   Any calories consumed during the frosting of the Christmas cookies will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess frosting from a knife without cutting your tongue.

6.   Cookies colored red or green have very few calories.  Red ones have three and green ones have five - one calorie for each letter.  Make more red ones!

7.   Cookies eaten while watching "Miracle on 34th Street", "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Story" have no calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel.

8.   As always, cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breaking the cookie causes calorie leakage.

9.   Any cookies consumed from someone else's plate have no calories since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to their plate.  We all know how calories like to cling!

10.                Any cookies consumed while feeling stressed have no calories because cookies used for medicinal purposes never have calories.  It's the rule!

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

meggov:
2) attend a quilt camp!

Margaret --- where do you live?  There are two quilting retreats being put together by QCA members.  One is in Washington state and one is in the Des MOines Iowa area.  There are forum threads about both out here.  

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Loved reading everyone's quilty resolutions, but think I'll do better following Kris's example for the coming year.  I never used to have UFOs, now I have several.  I still have hand-quilting to finish on the border of Jodie's Sampler, applique blocks from a BOM started last Feb., a kit for a Civil War quilt that was going to be my first project for 2011, a scrap quilt with rows pieced but not yet joined together and MQ #2 that still needs to be quilted.  I also need to make a quilt for a baby expected in June and I've offered to make quilts for three relatives (they didn't even ask for them, so that whole thing was my own idea) AND I joined the Farmer's Wife's Sampler group.  What was I thinking???  If I can stay sane and organized I really want to get them all done.  Thank goodness, I'm retired and don't require very much sleep.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 5:46 PM

I have quilty plans, but don't want to make them resolutions, I always break those and I really do want to try some new stuff this year.

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 5:47 PM

Diane, I'm tired just reading this email.  How are you going to find time to visit me?

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 10 (138 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use