rated by 0 users
This post has 93 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 22 2010 8:50 AM

Helen Bell:

ahh thanks Nana..it definately is MY dream...I have quilted for 20+ years and this is the my dream room...of course the rest of the house is a bit of a mess ;o)

Helly

Who cares about the rest of the house.  With a sewing studio like that I probably would never see the rest of the house.  And if any of your quilter friends come visit they wouldn't leave the studio either.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Nana:

Helly

I definitely could come shop in your studio.  That studio is the subject of quilter's dreams.

Yup Nana --- that's why we were planning the "great Helly fabric caper" last year.  Definitely has A BEAUTIFUL STASH!!!!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 22 2010 10:39 AM

We all Love Helly's studio! I wanna live there! It's my dream home...

My Stash? It lives in big "under the bed" rubbermaid storage bins. Sadly they really are stored under my bed. I have 4 small ones, designated for batiks, reds and oranges, greens and yellows, &  blues and purples, and then the big boy that is full of theme fabrics. They're all crammed full to overflowing, of course, but that hasn't stopped me from buying more. LOL 

As far as defining stash goes, only one word is needed.     "Mine."    (Not that the kids listen. They figure if I have it, they can use it. LOL)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,340
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 22 2010 11:50 AM

To me, stash is any fabric that's not committed to a project. 

I have a cabinet in my sewing room originally intended for a book case.  It's about 4' wide by 6' tall and has 5 shelves.  It has glass doors that pull down over each shelf.  I used to use it for books, but now it houses part of my stash and I like that I can see it.  I have it organized by color, except for exceptional fabrics, like homespuns, themed and seasonal.  I took a piece of cardboard and cut it to fit on the shelf and made it 1/4th of the width of the shelves..  Then I took each piece of my fabric and folded it to fit the length.  Then I folded it around that piece of cardboard like those laundry folding boards you can get.  It is a pleasure to look at because it's all folded the same and I can see everything in there and get to it without standing on my ear the way I used to have to, lol.

linny t

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,340
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 22 2010 11:56 AM

Helly, your sewing room is to die for!  My gosh, I think I would live in it if I had it!  You are one lucky lady!

linny t

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Wed, Dec 22 2010 6:10 PM

Just wanted to share the apron in action.  She put it on and swirled around showing it off to everyone.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

oh Jeanine...how adorable...

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,341
Points 414,709
gini replied on Wed, Dec 22 2010 8:48 PM

your granddaughter is definitely cuter than the apron and the apron is pretty darn cute   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Helly~

Love that cutting table. I'm looking for a new cutting table or surface b/c the sunroom is too cold in the winter to work out there....three season.I would love to do something like this but I haven't got the space. Your sewing room still makes my mouth water. We all have room and stash envy.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Jeanine~

Your GD is precious. Too cute. Thanks for sharing with us.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,456
Points 361,822
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 23 2010 2:47 AM

Jeanine:
Just wanted to share the apron in action.  She put it on and swirled around showing it off to everyone.

Oh Jeanine,

she's adorable. The apron looks great on her.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 23 2010 5:23 AM

What a cutie pie.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Thu, Dec 23 2010 11:02 AM

Diane Morgan:

Helly~

Love that cutting table. I'm looking for a new cutting table or surface b/c the sunroom is too cold in the winter to work out there....three season.I would love to do something like this but I haven't got the space. Your sewing room still makes my mouth water. We all have room and stash envy.

thank you Diane...my cutting table could be made smaller..mine is 48x72 but if you used less base cabinets it could be smaller?? and if it was smaller it could have wheels on it and you could move it out of the way if you wanted to...just some thoughts

Ontario, Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 250
cindy replied on Thu, Dec 23 2010 12:12 PM

well, guess all i can say is Dito to all that has been said. i love my stash and in 2011 i am going to use more of it. i hope anyway..lol..i keep finding new fabrics that i can't live without...lol..

Happy Holidays

cindy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Jeanine--

What a doll you GD is--and the apron's cute, too!

Kissimmee, FL

Page 3 of 7 (94 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use