Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 40 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Dec 23 2010 9:56 PM

Ha, now you sound like Thea!  She is always talking about modifying quilt patterns to make them long enough for her tall husband.

Welcome to QCA!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,725
Points 419,764
gini replied on Thu, Dec 23 2010 11:59 PM

MNnancy:

Ha, now you sound like Thea!  She is always talking about modifying quilt patterns to make them long enough for her tall husband.

i have to make our quilts wider, so they go up and over us :  )    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,597
Points 48,420

Welcome Meagan. I second the motion on the Eleanor Burns videos. She shows closeups of doing things like squaring up the blocks.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,750

LOL, yeah the hubby is tall and I am wide so I had to add fabric both ways :)

After the holidays I am going to become a member of the Quilter's Club so I can get access to all the videos on QNN, looks like it will be a lot of fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,725
Points 419,764
gini replied on Fri, Dec 24 2010 12:52 PM

richard, where do you market your designs, or are they only for your quilts or cloasses?   i would love to see some of your  work   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Richard L:

I would like to know if there are any guys out there who enjoy quilting  as one can definately use some gender support with all these women.

Oh don't feel alone Richard.  We female quilters are a kinder, gentler sort.   there have been some guys on here off and on.  Maybe they'll come back out of the sewing room and play now that you are here. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,725
Points 419,764
gini replied on Fri, Dec 24 2010 1:26 PM

richard, when you click on reply,  just above the box you write in are a line of icons click on the green one in the middle.  it's a film strip.  it will take you to a box that says browse, clickon that and you can get opictures off your computer.    my computer gives me an option when in have my camera plugged into it to get the pics directly off my camera.   see if this helps    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,856
Points 181,543
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 24 2010 2:34 PM

Richard L:
one can definately use some gender support with all these women

Richard sounds like you are doing a good job handling yourself amongst all us women so far.  LOL,  It would be nice to have a man's point of view on our quilting problems and concerns so please jump right in and let us have your opinions.

Thanks for sharing a little history with us, I'm sure Krissy & Holly will make a big hit here.  And congrats on your new granddaughter.  How many quilts have you made for her?  Do either of your daughters quilt? 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,932
Points 383,407
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 24 2010 3:31 PM

Richard L:
Hello everyone from Interlachen, Florida.

Hello Richard. Glad to have you with us.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,104
Points 252,167
Thea replied on Fri, Dec 24 2010 3:58 PM

Megan, I am assuming you are from Oklahoma - and that is just an assumption - I have read all 3 of your posts and don't see where in OK your are from.  I live up north in Enid.  I would be more then glad to help you with any quilting needs that you have but not sure which area of Oklahoma you are in... it isn't that big a state but the towns are very far apart. 

Merry Christmas to you and your family!  I hope you are able to join up as a member and utilize the videos from QNN - Jodie has accumulated quite a library and her tip videos are awesome. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 24 2010 7:15 PM

Welcome.Richard.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Dec 25 2010 9:48 AM

Welcome Richard.

We have some Ladies who drive from Florida to attend Quilt Classes at our LQS in McDonough GA.  They are the most fun and very talented.  A Scarlet Thrjead is an awesome LQS, the owners are Christians, and they conduct themselves accordingly, very friendly, well informed and ready to help be it picking fabrics, pattern, thread or getting a quilt quilted by one of the talented machine quilters.  They have great classes. 

Too bad you are so far away, perhaps you and visit, who knows maybe you could interest them in your patterns~

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use