Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 219 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 217 218 219 220 221 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 11:31 AM | Locked

Nana:

Ms MoomMist

Looks good to me.  I start at the bottom and go left to right too.

Thank you Nana, I was becoming discouraged, because I was practicing this heart with feathers and it wasn't getting any better and I tried to do just the feathers and the left side would end upside down or pointing upward. So this is at least beginning to look like a feather.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,607
Points 178,453
Marie replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 12:20 PM | Locked

Looks good to me MM.  Whichever way gets it done I say.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 2,275
Maureen replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 1:28 PM | Locked
Hi everyone, I don't have much time to read everyones posts here, I will catch up later. I'm back after almost 2 months. My daughters wedding was beautiful and finally the dust has settled. But I am here to say that I've missed chatting here, and being on the site!!! I have so much to read here.... So yesterday I took my FIRST quilt class~ yessssssserie! its was awesome, mind you,I have been quilting since 2002, but this was my first. I'm taking a bargello class. So fun. gotta go sew, I have homework. Did I mention I can't sew a straight line?

quiltNUT2

Maureen (in Florida)

when life gives you scraps...make a quilt!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,494
gini replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 1:45 PM | Locked

Marie:
Hmm I seem to remember Sam cooks, that would be enough for me.  But wait, if he's going to teach me new tricks we won't be home much so that's out.

he is always home in time to cook a meal, these tricks take place mostly before  4 pm., which gives him lots of time to fuss in the kitchen.  believe me, we don't miss ANY meals.  besides,   he gets grumpy if he hasn't eaten.   it's the only time he gets grumpy though.   most of the time he is so happy and cheery it's downright depressing.   i have trouble getting that much happy on.   when he gets mad, he's mad for two minutes, then it is back to hap-py again.   i like time to work up a good mad and then stick with it a while.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,494
gini replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 1:49 PM | Locked

Marie:

gini:
i'm pretty sure sam could teach you some new tricks. i'm positive he could.  how long do you want him and  how much is it going to cost me?    oh, and you'll need ear plugs, he never stops talking.

Now hold on here a minute!  Not sure I should do this?  Jack and I were married for 50 years and if he said 25 words a day that would be a stretch.  Also he was a homebody therefore I was.  Let me think about this and get back to you.  As for cost to you?  Hmm I seem to remember Sam cooks, that would be enough for me.  But wait, if he's going to teach me new tricks we won't be home much so that's out.  Boy this is a tough decision, maybe another appliqued block would do it?  Yup that would do it!  BTW have you spoken to Sam about this plan?  If he agrees then I'll go out looking for a padded full bodied suit for protection against the elements, let me know.  Don't want to land in the ICU cause it won't be pretty!

good grief marie, you have  been taking my picture behind my back    : )    that's how short my hair is after my cousin cut my hair.    it is winter, so i have to let the hair grow on my legs to help keep them warm.  and it seems as if nothing is fitting around me anymore    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,607
Points 178,453
Marie replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 2:38 PM | Locked

[

gini:
he is always home in time to cook a meal, these tricks take place mostly before  4 pm

gini:
we don't miss ANY meals

gini:
when he gets mad, he's mad for two minutes, then it is back to hap-py again.

This all sounds good to me Gini!  Certainly would be a change for me.  I'm thinking I'm thinking give me a minute here.  I gotta sleep on it and I'll let you know tomorrow.  I'm having all I could do to hit the right keys here, skiing, swimming fishing, vacations without destinations and God know what else.  I'd be dead by the end of the first week probably the first day.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,607
Points 178,453
Marie replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 2:42 PM | Locked

gini:
good grief marie, you have  been taking my picture behind my back 

Gini, that's me short squat and fat!  You mean you're my double?  Is that why we've never seen a close up picture of you?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,607
Points 178,453
Marie replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 2:59 PM | Locked

oops squat is fat isn't it?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,607
Points 178,453
Marie replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 3:00 PM | Locked

It's also short.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,494
gini replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 3:00 PM | Locked

Marie:
Is that why we've never seen a close up picture of you?

i never get in front of a camera, if i can help it.  doesn't it steal your soul or something?      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,494
gini replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 3:02 PM | Locked

Marie:
Gini, that's me short squat and fat!  

that's me, good peasant material, low to the ground and hardly working, or should it  be hard working?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 3:30 PM | Locked

Don't normally watch Oprah, but just happened to walk into the room and it was on...my attention was quickly caught by Garth Brooks, he was speaking about being a father to 3 teenage girls and how rewarding it was and what a continuing lesson.  But also, he sang his song "Unaswered Prayer", every word of that song spoke directly to my heart.  Not often Garth is seen these days, such a talent, a gift he has been given.

I call moments like this a "God Stop", it is like God wanted me to hear that song, to know He always listens, He just doesn't always answer our prayers the way we want.  Of course time shows us how perfect is His way, thank you Lord for both Unaswered Prayer and Answered Prayer.  Thank you for this awesome song that you directed straight to my undeserving heart.  I am truly overwhelmed by the Love of God.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 3:37 PM | Locked

Define "working"

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 4:00 PM | Locked

Working:  anything that isn't quilting. 

Page 219 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 217 218 219 220 221 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use