Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 215 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 213 214 215 216 217 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Sun, Mar 6 2011 8:36 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Get a pair of Crocs

oh thats a good idea too.. I have a pair of those ... Ill have to try them....

Thanks

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Mar 6 2011 9:52 PM | Locked

Marie, great job on your quilt.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,473
Points 362,102
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 6 2011 11:50 PM | Locked

Marie:
I finished the DQK today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTG Marie. Some little child is going to love it. Nice work.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 7:32 AM | Locked

Hurray Marie.  UFO under your belt and a Downey QFK on top of that!  You did a good job!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 8:40 AM | Locked

Kris:

Ms MoomMist:
March 19th is National Quilt Day

My friend Pat and I and hopefully another co-worker will be spending the day at Keepsake Quilting. I can't wait. Even if I have to be carried. I won't miss it.

Oh my Kris, Keepsake Quilting is on my "Bucket List". We were talking about it for this summer, but Uncle Sam took my vacation money or so I use that as an excuse. Really, though my db and sil may be coming and we aren't quite sure when so our plans are up in the air right now --- no not being teleported :p I have been using KQ for decades and love it. So I will probably be playing with Lizzie and recuperating from St Pat's and son's bd.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 8:49 AM | Locked

It's Monday.  I am looking forward to the day when every Monday is like Saturday.  The work keeps piling up.  And here at home, with all the wall painting DH has been doing, he thinks I should finish the Roman shades I started for the front windows at least 6 years ago.  He want's the living room finished!  So I guess I know what to work on this week, in the evenings.  Lots of frogging.  I stopped last time when I realized my 1/4 inch was not 1/4 inch. 

I really should have gotten them done a few winters ago.  Would have saved a lot on the electric bill.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 480

Quilt Daddy:  Good Luck on finding a new sewing machine.  It is so much fun shopping for a new machine.  And by the way I have entered a little history into my profile.  Nothing that great, just an overall description of myself.  Once again good luck on your shopping.

Marilyn V.

Matty 160

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 9:49 AM | Locked

Kris:

chocake2:

Silly Granddaughter! Of course, Fairy Magic is real!

So how do I get some?

I guess yu just have to be really REALLY luck and believe REALLY REALLY hard.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 9:49 AM | Locked

Kris:

chocake2:

Silly Granddaughter! Of course, Fairy Magic is real!

So how do I get some?

I guess yu just have to be really REALLY luck and believe REALLY REALLY hard.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 10:21 AM | Locked

Haven't really made any plans today. Hubby has the day off. I know he'd like to go to the range and shoot a little but I'm not sure my wrist is up to recoil today. Besides, It's cold, and I'm a wimp!

DD and I had a great time at the art show this weekend. Our plan was for DH & the boys to drop us off to hang out with the other members of our group for a couple of hours, and then they'd pick us up and we'd return home for a crock-pot dinner. the rest of the club was  going out for an early supper together after the tour, but we opted to forgo that in favor of spending time with DH on his rare weekend off. WRONG!! our friends ganged up on us and kidnapped us to eat out with them. I ended up calling hubby and the boys and forcing them into joining our group...hubby isn't terribly comfortable with the "Arteests", much less large groups of people, but he survived the encouter. The boys were real champs and impressed everyone with their good behavior. Both were sound asleep inthe car on the way home, so I know all that effort to mind their manners must have been exhausting! LOL

I got a big chuckle when one of the in-active members commented on DD's presence with our group. She pays her dues, but doesn't attend meetings. Appearently she never reads her newsletter of meeting minutes either, because she was un-aware that we have begun accepting Jr. Members, of which DD is the 1st (and only). Thia lady makes an appearence for this once a year tour, but other then that she's rarely seen. Anyway, she was a little huffy about it when she approached our former club president (Missed the up-date on elections too, appearently) about a 'kid being allowed to tag along". She got shut down, but fast, by at least 3 of the other members who overheard her protests. They were johnny on the spot to defend DD! The gallery owner even stepped forward and pointed out that the scrap metal piece this lady had been enjoying was my daughter's work. That really shut her up! LOL

Yesterday the whole crew went off to try some ice fishing and Mom got a few hours off. I can't remember the last time i had the house all to myself! I enjoyed a lazy bubble bath with a cheap novel, puttered a bit with a few small projects, tidied up my bead collection  but mostly I just enjoyed listening to the quiet. Not once did I hear "Mo-om!!"  ...Ah! Bliss!

Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 700
Lady the Lab replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 12:47 PM | Locked

I just posted two quilts on the Show and Tell Gallery. I was at a quilt retreat over the weekend and finished one up to quilting and the other up to the border and quilting. Those are posted under Lady the Lab!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 1:40 PM | Locked

The Quilt Daddy:

When God smiles on you it is a blessing that brings a smile that is well worth his love. Just got back from shopping trip to find a new sewing machine and I stopped at local K-Mart to pick up dog food and in the next isle over found a singer on clearance for $56. I will derop my Janome off to repair on Wednesday and with any luck I will be quilting today and finishing some UFOs that I have been trying to finish.

wtg, love those finds! Good job and good luck with both machines. I don't think I had that good of luck with my fabric...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 3:11 PM | Locked

Great news on your bargain, Quilt Daddy.  I hope your Janome is a quick fix.  I would feel lost with out my "Jenny" Janome humming away.  Last Oct. I bought a Babylock for $99 that I take to sew days.  The Janome was so heavy plus I don't think hauling her hither and yon is very good for her.  Now she has a place of honor in the new sewing table. 

I spent the morning at church with our Tabitha group.  Got a bunch more little pairs of shorts cut out.  Came home with some nice upholstery fabric that Millie brought me to make tote bags out of.    

Found out when I got home that the contractor cut the water line. :o(  It's repaired but I am still getting brownish red water --- good ole' Georgia clay.  I hope it clears up soon!  Remembered that I didn't put a label on the MIL quilt so that will get hand sewn on tonight.  Just finished cutting out DGD PJ pants - pink flannel with peace signs in hot pink and lime green.  Yes, she picked it out herself and yes, this is the same DGD (only one!) that picked out the bright colors for MQ #2. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 215 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 213 214 215 216 217 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use