Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 207 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 205 206 207 208 209 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 4:14 PM | Locked

The Quilt Daddy:

chocake2,

Loved you idea. May have to use it for ministry. Too bad you feel you have to blot everything out. Enjoy your unfinished projects.

It was actually Elaine who came up with the Fabric Fondlers. If it were up to me I'd say "Feel free to take the idea and run with it", but you may want to check with her first.   I have no idea what I've blotted out.  Maybe you're thinking of Stephanie's post...?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 4:25 PM | Locked

Yep, Richard, the quilted stairway to Heaven would be me. If I was retired I'd follow thru with that for you, but alas, not only not retired but working extra right now to help fill my DH's shoes as well while he recovers from his stroke. Please feel free to take the idea and run with it, add a logo for your churches quilting ministery and you are good to go.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 4:28 PM | Locked

Well today they relocated my dryer vent ( and cleaned out my pipe while they were at it!).  They filled in the area between the house and the slab from the old garage.  I contacted my "bug" man and had him come out and treat the ground for termites.  Now the area is covered with plastic and rebar.  Forecast is for rain for the next three days so it doesn't look like they will get the slab poured.  :o{ 

Tomorrow Joni and I are having a girls day out.  Quilts N Fixins (where I go to sew for the HS) is having fat quarter Friday.  From there, we will probably go over to Scarlet Thread while we are out and finally have lunch together.  Next Friday after I finish up at the sew in for the Humane Society, I will head up to my BFFs who lives on the north end of metro Atlanta.  After spending the night catching up with her, on Sat. we will go to the Sewing and Quilting Expo together.  I hope she has gotten all of her pictures from her recent trip to Israel downloaded from her camera so I can see them.  She spent 10 days over there with a group from her church.  Then on the 24th - 27th is the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop.  Hoping that QCA Cindy makes it over from the Savannah area so we can meet each other. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 6:22 PM | Locked

Went on the first leg of my shop hop today, had a great time, will finish up the rest of it tomorrow.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 6:36 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Tomorrow Joni and I are having a girls day out.  Quilts N Fixins (where I go to sew for the HS) is having fat quarter Friday.

Enjoy your day Marge. 

Sorry to hear of your friends death. I'll say a prayer for the family.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 6:43 PM | Locked

Here is  my loot from today

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 6:45 PM | Locked

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 6:47 PM | Locked

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 210
margoee replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 7:00 PM | Locked

Leslie,

Just love this collection!!!  What is it??

I wanted to sew today.....my house is clean and the laundry basically done, but I got really bummed this morning when I could not get into a week-long quilting workshop.  I was so excited to go to it ):  I let it ruin my day.....just moped around all day....no sewing.

BUT, tomorrow is another day....and I am going "sewing chair" shopping with my mom as she is getting me a new chair for my birthday which was in January!!!  My current seat seems to bother my hips....

Margo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 7:02 PM | Locked

No collection, I just picked up different fat quarters at all the  shops. The bright ones are for making doll clothes for my GD

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 7:03 PM | Locked

I want to thank everyone for the prayers.

I went to my second doctors appointment in as many days and he said, "Boy you're really messed up". I'm feeling incrementally better but still in a lot of pain.

I'm hoping to be back to normal for me in a few more days.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 7:05 PM | Locked

Hope you can get back to normal soon Kris. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 7:10 PM | Locked

Nice fabrics Leslie.  I hoped to fondle some new fabrics today.  But they didn't arrive, perhaps tomorrow, for sure by Saturday.  Yes, our post office is open for a couple hours on Saturday.  To make up for being closed for lunch during the week.  Small town, many people living outside of town in the hills where mail is not delivered, and so many work in the next town during regular post office hours, that they would never have a chance to get their packages, if it were not open on Saturday.

And we have the electricity back.  Came home yesterday and no power.  Only our house, everyone else had lights.  Not a good sign, but the utility company just had to flick a switch somewhere, and we had it back.  So we can flush toilets again, have a hot shower, and sleep in the bedroom instead of by the fireplace.  But the candle light was romantic and the stars were so fantastic to see, from the wood pile down the driveway. 

Internet back too.  Yeah!  Cause talking with my friends here is right up there with fabric fondling.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Mar 3 2011 7:11 PM | Locked

Kris, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 207 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 205 206 207 208 209 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use