Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 192 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 190 191 192 193 194 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,615
Wendy replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 6:17 PM | Locked

Richard L:
My parents believed they were teaching me that everything in life has a price4 you have to be willing to pay if you enjoy the comforts  that were derived from them.

When I was 19, my mother had had enough of me.(I was a pain in the royale patootie) So she found me a place to live, packed up my stuff and moved me out. I went back at 23 for 4 months. Then I got married. I have never gone back.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 6:17 PM | Locked

Wendy:
Wendy wrote the following post at Wed, Feb 23 2011 5:09 PM:

chocake2:
I bought a 1/4 yard of burgandy satin to make DD an evening bag to go with her gown. It's just a little too red. Does anyone had any ideas how to tone it down a bit?

CC, put black lace ontop of it. That should tone it down.  It will make a pretty bag.

I would, except that the dress is burgandy and white. If I'd had half a brain, I would have bought white satin and trimmed it with the red. White is so much easier to match. LOL I bought the perfect little beads to match it, tho, so at least I'm good there.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,615
Wendy replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 6:22 PM | Locked

sorry, didn't realize that the dress had white on it.  Could you not use white lace. BTW is that storm heading in my direction. I hered that we were getting bad wether the rest of the week too.  Don't have TV so I don't know unless I here the forcast on the radio.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 6:49 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Hmm looks like I'll be busy for a "little" while.  :o}
  I got tired just reading this post.  Makes me feel like I am really lazy.

Granny M

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 7,035
Shellie replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 6:50 PM | Locked

CC, could you Tea-dye (or coffee-dye) the fabric to tone down the red?  I don't know if that would work with the satin, but it might worth a try.

Shellie - south central Washington state

Linaria Dalmatica Designs

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 6:51 PM | Locked

Kris - since you are our resident shop hop bunny finder........  I couldn't find the Feb. bunny at Quilters Warehouse.  The only one I found was the March bunny.

I have been back to The Plaid Square a couple fo times looking for that little white bunny but have gotten nothing but frustrated.  Did you find him here? 

hELP!!!!  They are the only two places that I haven't been successful this month. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 6:52 PM | Locked

Wendy:

sorry, didn't realize that the dress had white on it.  Could you not use white lace. BTW is that storm heading in my direction. I hered that we were getting bad wether the rest of the week too.  Don't have TV so I don't know unless I here the forcast on the radio.

I'm not sure. Seems like I heard that Utah was going to get more snow this week. Usually if we get hit,  it's because the storm dropping down from Canada skates along the RM Front ,  missing  you in the process.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 7:01 PM | Locked

Well I have not been up to much today.  Finished the laundry from today, cleaned house.  Cleaned the sewing machine. Then worked on getting all my bits and pcs together to start the EQ project March 1.   Plus I have a cold and since I am taking ziacam have to pop a pill every three hours.  Hardest thing in the world for me as I am always losing track of time when I am doing something.  I still have not decided which fabric I have enough of in the scrap bag to do the 4th border on the string quilt.  This may be my first UFO for a while anyway as there are some quilts I really need to do.

Wanted to remind everyone that March is National Quilters Month and March 19th is National Quilter's Day Out.   March 19th is also the date for the Morehead Rengional Quilt Show.  This show is free and has a full day of events including a free class on Appli-bond applicate (sp worlds worst)  So if any of you are within driving distance of Morehead, KY come on to the quilt show.  Speaking of which, I am entering my Indian Nation quilt this year.  I mention this because as I was cleaning the sewing room today I found the label I had made for this quilt, all done ready to sew to the quilt,  I had forgotten to sew it on!!  Ah the mind is gone, can the body be far behind.

Granny M

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675
Prairie Dog replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 7:23 PM | Locked

Marie,

We have never had a cat but with our dog, my daughter came up with the perfect 100% foolproof method.  She would get two soft treats.  Put the pill in the first one and the dog would gobble it up really fast because he knew there was another treat waiting.  Never knew he got medicine.  Now I don't know how cats deal with treats but good luck.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 7:43 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Kris - since you are our resident shop hop bunny finder........  I couldn't find the Feb. bunny at Quilters Warehouse.  The only one I found was the March bunny.

They seemed to have removed the February bunny all links lead to the one for March.  I would send an email.

Marge (AKA Dimples):
I have been back to The Plaid Square a couple fo times looking for that little white bunny but have gotten nothing but frustrated

Page 4 of the "Sale" category.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Feb 24 2011 9:39 AM | Locked

Thanks for you help Kris.  I got the one on the Plaid Square.  I clicked on the help section of Quilters Warehouse and then tried to go to their Service@quilterwarehouse.com but the computer tells me the address is not found.  My computer with Hotmail won't let me contact FabShopHop so I guess I will just be one bunny short for Feb.  Oh well.....  156 out of 157 isn't bad.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 24 2011 10:50 AM | Locked

UGH... Is it Monday? It's -8 below with a wind-chill of OMG. I had to drive the kidlets to school this morning and will likely pick them up this afternoon.

My owey wrist has gone into full-blown tendonitous. Hubby wrapped it for me this AM. He's not one to do 1/2 measures - he wrapped it tight. within a half hour I had little purple sausages where my fingers used to be. It was a challenge re-wrapping it on my own, especially since it's my strong hand. Clearly I need to find or replace my brace...

While i was putting away all of the goodies I bought yesterday I found the little wallie I've been looking for, so maybe I'll get to practice more fmq today. 'Wonder how that will work with the bum wing?? My big goal today, aside from making basecamp on  Mt. Washpile, and making treats for DS1's final fly-tieing class, is to start on the x-bag Sisil asked me to make. I'm bummed...she didn't want the quilted version!  Something is wrong with her! LOL ( Actually, that may be a good thing under the circumstances...).

hi-Ho! HIGH-Hoe! Off I go....

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 210
margoee replied on Thu, Feb 24 2011 11:05 AM | Locked

i need motivation today ):  I have been feeling "blue"....might just be the winter blahs, but either way, can't get motivated to do what I need to do like laundry and can't even get motivated to do the things I like to do like quilting!!!

Any suggestions....I guess I need a pep talk, ladies!!

Margo

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Thu, Feb 24 2011 11:15 AM | Locked

Hello Marge, I can't help you. Same problem. If you find the answer let me know. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 24 2011 11:26 AM | Locked

Margo

I think it is spring fever and seems to be running rampant thru our midst.  I can't get motivated much either.  Hopefully when the sun comes out and the temps warm it will improve my outlook.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 192 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 190 191 192 193 194 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use