Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 176 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 174 175 176 177 178 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,268
Points 35,185
Granny M replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 8:03 AM | Locked

Marge,  Can't wait to see that finished quilt.  Sounds really great with all the stuff you have added.   As for Spring Cleaning, I don't even want to think about it. I would rather quilt.  In fact I am getting ready to design a infant quilt and put a post in the EQ group that if anyone wants to follow me through this that I would post the steps. I may be to busy to clean.  Maybe if I set the steamer next to the vacum in the livingroom people with think I am actually doing it. 

Today I plan to work more on the string quilt, finishing up the bordes and getting it bound.  It feels like I have been working on it forever.  And now I want to start something new. 

Catch you later.

Granny M

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 8:38 AM | Locked

Well I'm off to shop.  :o)  Joni called to see what time I was going but she can't come out and play this morning.  :o( 

Granny - I'm with you.  I'd much rather be in my sewing "studio" than doing cleaning.  I think you can write your name in the dust on top of Dave's chest of drawers.  Thank goodness he doesn't harp on things like that.  If he thinks something should be cleaner, he will drag out the vacumn or duster himself.  Gosh I love that man!!! 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:54 AM | Locked

Those are beautiful Richard, as always! I love the quiltingon Dont fence me in!

Now Marge and Grammy, you both know that I would rather sew then clean. But sometimes you just have to dive in and get that nasty chore outa the way so you have a space to quilt!

I'm annoyed beyond belief at JoAnn's/Fed-ex. I ordered DD's backing and batting on the 1st, thinking it would get here before I could get to town again. The order confirmation indicated that I should have it no later then the 8th. When it wasn't here by then I checked the tracking # and saw that it was wasting away in PA and was scheduled for delivery on the 15th. When it didn't arrive I re checked the tracking on it. Now it's in the state (Has been for 3 days) but won't be delivered here until Friday. WHAT is up with that!?? GRrrrrr 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:57 AM | Locked

Richard

Love the lighthouse quilt.  Looks so cheerful.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:59 AM | Locked

Richard

Don't Fence Me In is beautiful.  I love the colors and fabrics in this quilt.  Awesome job.  Good luck on the show.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:01 AM | Locked

Chocake

Sounds like FedEx is having some issues.  I usually have really good luck with both FedEx and UPS.  Sorry that you are having so much trouble getting a package.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 11:32 AM | Locked

I suppose that is a factor, Richard, altho according to the tracking, my package is sitting in a depot just 200 miles from here now - and has been there for 2 days already! - and it won't be delivered for at least 3 more days. Our s**w all went away in the chinook on Saturday, so they can hardly say that's holding it up now.  :(

Marge, I was just musing about your post while I cleaned the bathroom - the one saying  that Dave will dust and vaccuum if it needs doing. My DH wouldn't have a clue how to dust, much less vaccuum. If something's broken, he can fix it like anything, but clean anything? No Way! He likes things neat and tidy, he just doesn't know how to get them that way. Thankfully, he never complains if I let things slide a bit. He knows I'll go on a cleaning kick when it starts bugging me. 

I have a dear friend who has OCD. He 'polishes' constantly.  It drives his wife bonkers. I love it when he visits because every surface gleams afterwards! LOL Of course visiting him is a trama to everyone. He obsesses about straightening the frill on the area rug if you bump it with your toe while your removing your shoes. And he really will fallow you around with a dust rag and a damp mop cleaning everything you touch. I've had him snatch up my water glass to wash it before I finished my drink! LOL  I hate causing him such anxiety, so we sneak off for coffee together when we need to catch up. :D

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 11:48 AM | Locked

Oh goodness CC.  I don't think I could handle your friend.  My ex wasn't near as nice as Dave about the house.  I couldn't go anywhere with my Mom unless all "my chores" were done.  Dave is happy as long as he has clean clothes, food in his tummy and the house is reasonably straight.  His one hang-up is the bed --- has to be made ASAP after we get up.

I found the rest of my embellishments.  Yippee!  I was thinking that I wasn't going to find my carrot noses for my snowmen but I finally found them.  And of course, I couldn't walk out of the LQS with only the chunk of fabric to finish up the Humane Society quilt.  :o) Nice thing was my card had over $250 on it so I got $20 off my purchase. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 12:06 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Oh goodness CC.  I don't think I could handle your friend. 

Sadly a lot of people feel that way. They miss out on his terrific sense of humor and wonderful insite. I won't lie and say that it doesn't bug me sometimes, but I truely think it bothers him more. Can you imagine not being able to quilt because you can't control your need to have everything in order?

I can not wait to see the finished quilt! Your embellishments sound so neat! Congradualtions on getting the discount!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 12:08 PM | Locked

Kris:
I've thought of Arizona but DH isn't willing to move that far south

Kris how about the Carolinas or Florida?  I bet his parents wouldn't mind that and maybe they would follow?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 12:21 PM | Locked

Great quilts Richard!  Good luck at the fair.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 12:33 PM | Locked

My husband will help me if i ask him to. he actually likes to vacuun but he turns it into a group project with moving furniture and everything.  if i wanted to vacuum and had the time, i'd do it.  He saves me no time but at least things get cleaned under once or twice a year.  Can't seem to open the dishwasher though!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 176 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 174 175 176 177 178 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use