What are you up to today! #2

Page 167 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 165 166 167 168 169 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,593
Points 392,267
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 12:33 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Well, I just got my overnight bag packed.

Have a great time Nancy. Eat a good meal for me. I just love trying new restaurants.

MNnancy:
With the string of subzero temperatures we've been having, we don't even get out for dog walks.  A friend just posted pics on Facebook of her and her husband on the beach in Mexico.  Unfair!

Very unfair. I'll go anywhere that's warm right now.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,593
Points 392,267
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 12:34 PM | Locked

I'm being lazy right now. Haven't even begun to get ready for work. Don't feel like going.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,901
Points 180,503
Marie replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:54 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Since I'm not stressed, I can't figure out what's causing it. 

CC are you not in our FMQing group?  Need I say more?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,901
Points 180,503
Marie replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:56 PM | Locked

Kris everyone needs to play hooky once in awhile.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,277
Points 35,265
Granny M replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 6:13 PM | Locked

Today was a wash out for quilting.  I had lunch with friends, then one of them (JR) and I went to Wal Mart. When we left we decided to go into town to a little fabric shop that we keep forgetting is there.  She wanted some material for a quilt is is making GD. I told her not to let me buy anything.  The lady who runs this shop buys bulk material for her and her daughter then sells what they do not use at great prices.  I figured I was strong enough and we were shopping for JR.  (I like spending other people's money)  So I am looking through the kids material and there were a couple of bolts in the wrong group.  Beautiful pink flower print medium sizse with green viney leaves around and then a companion cloth with smaller pink roses.  Lord love a Duck, the quilt to make with this just popped into my head and I could not leave without it.  Heaven help me I have all my boxes full, I have bags of material on a table, I am so out of control.  My DH carried all the stuff in from the car and when he saw the bag of material he just shook his head and took it down the hall to the sewing room.  Never said a word. 

My nephew finally came over to get his quilt, the Chevy 454.  He loved it.  He told me that he plans to cuddle up with it tonight.  Now understand this nephew is 18 years old and a fire fighter.  Yet he was just so excited about this quilt.   I heard my husband tell him that everyone being so happy with my quilts is why he doesn't say a word about all the supplies I have.  DH said I could whip up a quilt with just very little to go on, then had to show him the Strings of my Heart quilt that I am working on right now.     "Whip out a quilt" good lord does it really look that easy to him.  Has he tuned out all my yelling at Murphy, my grumbling at pencil drawings. My anxious over the quilt pattern.  Good Grief that man is something else. I guess that's why I keep him, he is always surprising me .

This week-end is full of things,  Golden Girl club meet Sat morning.  Baking a upside down cobbler for church luncheon on Sunday.  Valintines day on Monday. When I am tired already and haven't even started.

Granny M

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,605
chocake2 replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 8:17 PM | Locked

Richard, that tree skirt is just yummy. Did you use a wedge to make it?

I couldn't get into the garage to clear off my Grace frame today. Hubby had it held hostage. Instead I did another little wallie -this one for the gentleman who took DD under his wing and turned her loose with his tools in the welding shop last year. He has a very impressive art collection, so I'm looking forward to delivering it and drooling over the gorgious things on his walls!

When DD got home we loaded up and went off to the bronze foundry to collect our wax and get a tutorial. DH and Jr was fast asleep on the sofa (So sweet!) so I allowed DS1 to join us on the condition that he did not touch anything.  Much to my amazement the fellow who owns the shop took us around and explained all of the tools. Then he gave DS1 a brick of clay, and myself and DD each a good sized chunck of jewelers wax to play with. He told DD to come back whenever she had time and he'd work with her 1-on-1 as well as give her the run of the shop. WOW!! How cool is that!? He even told DS1 that he had to bring in his finished clay sculptures and we might cast one of them if they are good enough. The kids are on cloud 9!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,709
gini replied on Sat, Feb 12 2011 1:02 AM | Locked

nice tree skirt richard.    i asked on another thread, that everyone post their favorites in the bios.   i think it is a great idea to update them.  except for my age.   i think it can stay where it is.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Feb 12 2011 3:45 PM | Locked

Liz Kuennen:

Sounds like your needle was smoking!  Good job!

I had trouble with my machine once and took it into the shop.  Jim couldn't get it to replicate the problem.  He aske dme what I had been doing.  At that time, I was hip deep in making 50 pairs of shorts for a mission trip to Brazil.  He told me that my machine had a safety feature to keep it from getting overheated and that's probably what happened.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Feb 12 2011 3:48 PM | Locked

Marilyn Rosario VanWagenen:
I was away in Albany visiting my niece;

Albany New York or Albany Georgia??

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,593
Points 392,267
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 12 2011 4:23 PM | Locked

Marie:

Kris everyone needs to play hooky once in awhile.

I agree Marie but my conscience doesn't let me. I had a crazy night at work. When I got home I took pain meds and my sleep meds then went to lala land. I'm just coming out of my coma. I still have a headache but at least my body rested. I'm having breakfast then I'll head down to the sewing room.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 480
Marilyn Rosario VanWagenen replied on Sat, Feb 12 2011 5:11 PM | Locked

Marge: It was Albany, New York, and boy is it cold up here.

Marilyn

• | Post Points: 35
Page 167 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 165 166 167 168 169 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.