Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 166 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 164 165 166 167 168 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 9:34 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

You aren't the only inquiring mind Gini.  What is a tatoo quilt????  My active little imagination can't even begin to come up with something. 

Marge

My little brain can begin to come up with all kinds of things but they probably aren't even close to the real thing.....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 9:39 PM | Locked

Nancy

Have a fun trip.  Hope you find some really good restuarants to try out.   I think DH and I are going to do a little get away the end of March when I have to make the 2 hr trip to the Dr.  We hope to travel north from Charlottesville and hit the big quilt shop in Hagerstown, Maryland as well as any others we see along the way.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 365
Points 4,075
Liz K replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 10:22 PM | Locked

Richard L:
Nurse that comes into help with my wife seems to think a man doesn't need to have a sewing space. Boy am I going to teach her a thing or two. I started by telling her if the door is closed then that room is off limits and I do not appreciate being violated by her couriosity. After all I don't know if she is helping herself to my babies and I would hate to find that one of them has been seperated from the flock before its time. :o)

Maybe you should introduce her to some of the most famous male quilters who make more many than she does with their craft.  Maybe she will keep mer mouth shut.  You could also explain to her that Paul in the book of Acts was a tent maker.  I found an article in one quilting magazines that showed some traditional tents that are made in the middle East for weddings, they would put even some of the best applique quilters to shame.  I like to think that Paul was a quilt artist.

Good job on the fabric find.  My husband and I went to the local Ben Franklin store to find candle scent but found their fabric 20% off.  They tend to  have quilt shop quality fabric at a lower price.  He said I could get some for my valentine gift so I got 13 yards of great batik for just over $70.  They didn't have the scent but the fabric sure smelled good to me! LOL

By the way, does everyone know why Saint Valentine is the patron saint of lovers?  It is because at one time the Roman government forbid its' soldiers from getting married.  Valentine was a Bishop and married many soldiers secretly.  He was eventually martyred for doing this and for  his faith.

Enjoy your lover and your love of quilting!

Liz

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 365
Points 4,075
Liz K replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 10:23 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Finished up 65 more tissue holders today for the Humane Society.

Sounds like your needle was smoking!  Good job!

Liz

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 10:54 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Well, I just got my overnight bag packed. 

Nancy

Have fun-and find a LQS somewhere ! Retirement will soon be here and you will be quilting whenever you want. I know you can't wait ! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 11:00 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
Ok, I posted those fabric hearts and then gave directions

Moonmist

Thanks for this extra tip- I have been saving scraps to make these cuties ever since you posted the first time.  I just love hearts-14! Wow! You and Marge are fast sewers!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 12:13 AM | Locked

have fun nancy       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:45 AM | Locked

Nancy ,I hope you and hubby have a great time. I love going to the RV Shows they are so much fun walking thru all those facny RV,s and wishing it was yours...You do pick up alot of good tips ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 6:20 AM | Locked

chocake2:

DD has begged and wheedled to be allowed to attend Prom. I explained that we can not afford it this year but told her that  if she can make it happen, she can go. So, today I browsed second hand stores in search of a dress. I had no luck of course (Who gives a dress to Aunt Sally when you can sell them on line or consign them!??), but she can't accuse us of not trying. Right now she's at her friend's house looking through her closet. My one worry is that this friend, while sweet, has no sense of modesty. (I sometimes marvel that she hasn't been arrested for indecent exposer with some of the get-ups she squeezes herself into!!) It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I hope it doesn't lead to a battle of wills...  :S

I can sympathize with this dilemna. I have so struggled with pulling the money together for homecoming. If it were only a dance I would have def said no. But with DD running for Queen I felt compelled to oblige. GRRR Modesty is often an issue in our house - we are currently having issue with shoes to go with the dress.

Cumberland Gap, TN

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 480
Marilyn Rosario VanWagenen replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 6:24 AM | Locked

Hi :   I stand corrected Richard, you are right I cannot say just Ladies, I must apologize for my faux pas.  As far as my best advice I don't know how much I can give you because I am just a newbie, so I am looking for your advice Mr. Bargain Hunter.  Great buy on your 300 yds. of material.  That was awesome.  I know I'm a little behind on news, but I missed a day because I was away in Albany visiting my niece; she just had a baby boy. He was a big one 9 lb. 12oz., 21inches long. really cute.

Well it was nice chatting, have a good day, talk to you soon.

Marilyn V.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 6:25 AM | Locked

Nancy, have a great time. I am a little envious. I could sooo use a get away. Hopefully soon. In the meantime, I will close my eyes and pretend LOL

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 10:04 AM | Locked

i'm in for a busy weekend.  clean house, make pink cookies , make petit fours,  order flowers,  sew red sparklies on pink dress, wil's play is saturday,  skiing this morning,   our nieces are coming up for their grandmother's memorial that's 4 extra kids to work around,  decorate the house, make flowers for the little cakes. clean house again,  and pack.  we are skiing with friends in B.C.  for a few days.   we leave before princess's party, so wendy better take great pictures     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 174,543
Marie replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 10:38 AM | Locked

Again Gini reading this post has made me so tired I need a nap now!  Whew!  After all that prep you're not even going to be at the party?  Bummer!  Or maybe not?  Have a wonderful skiing trip and remember  STAY ON YOUR FEET!!!!!!!!!  Oh yes, remind Wendy that your quilting buddies will expect lots of pics.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 11:46 AM | Locked

WOW! Looks like everyone has great weekend plans. Have fun touring Mini-Soda, Nancy. Some of those RV's are amazing (and so are the prices!!).

Gini, I know you'll pull it all together and make it look easy. Have fun in B.C. They should have great snow after the storm this week!

Everybody drive carefully!!

Hubby is out fabricating carving tools for our wax carving/bronze casting lesson. I was just using an exacto knife and a toothpick, but he seems to think he can 'rig-up' something better. DD and I will sneak off for some 1-1 with the guy who runs the metal foundry today and maybe learn more about what it is that we are trying to do. LOL

I got up with hives on my hands and exema on my face yesterday. Very odd. My face is better today but my hands are still a bit spotty. (I have one under my thumbnail - youch!!) This is usually a stress reaction for me, and I rarely have both symptoms at the same time. Since I'm not stressed, I can't figure out what's causing it.                                                  ....Itchy-itchy!!

DD was unsuccessful at finding a suitable dress at her friends. It seems that she had some beautiful gowns but none of them had fit. They'd all been altered to fit the friend's uncle and were too wide in the ribs but too small in the breast. Go figure... LOL    I'll take her to a consignment shop this weekend and let her poke around. At least that should give her an idea about how much she needs to earn in order to go to the prom. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 12:02 PM | Locked

Chocake

What size does your DD wear?  There were some "prom" style dresses hanging around my house.  I don't know if anything may be the right size or not.  Be willing to let her borrow something if anything fits.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 166 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 164 165 166 167 168 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use