Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 161 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 159 160 161 162 163 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:29 AM | Locked

Pat~

I'm still learning the QuiltCut too and really, the more you use it, the more it makes sense. You really need the Tips dvd. The dvd takes you through every step by step and she give hints and you watch it in action. You can follow along with her and see which side to be using and how to lay out the fabric and then how to make squares, half squares, all the different cuts. How to square up. The tips dvd  really shows how to do it from beginning to end. Well worth the money.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:33 AM | Locked

Barbara~

Mimi is perfect! She's now an official member of the family.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:38 AM | Locked

Marilyn~

You are more than welcome to join in. This can be a loony place at times and you'll find a lot of characters....not me of course. We all learn so much from each other so pipe up anytime you have something to say. Pipe up just to pipe up!

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:38 AM | Locked

Marilyn Rosario VanWagenen:
I'd like to join this thread of chit chat, and I hope that no one gets offended at the fact that I interject my comments along the way. 

Good Grief, WHY would be offended to have you join us?? I cannot imagine such a thing.  Welcome to the group. I'm sure we'll be glad to have you.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:46 AM | Locked

PrairieDog~

Crack of Stupid......love it.

Yikes! You have to pay for a car accident when some moron in a pick up truck hits you??????? Wouldn't that just give open hitting season for everyone? How does the state keep down the amount of accidents if there is no deterrent? Another reason I guess that Mass. isn't so bad.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:46 AM | Locked

Does all that remodeling in your kitchen get you out of cooking for a few days, PD?? Lucky Lady...

Speaking of remodeling, where has JudyI been hiding lately?

Has anyone heard how Spud is doing?

Terri, I love the quilts. 'Can't wait to see how they look all quilted and bound!! :)

Kris, hang tough. Your weekend is coming around again soon. Then you can curl up with Ocra and a big bowl of popcorn, topped with ice cream and chocolate. LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:51 AM | Locked

Quilt in a Day is having a sale today on  DVD's for $5.00!

http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/dvds.asp?pg=1

North of Boston MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 180
Points 4,565
Terri replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 10:46 AM | Locked

Thanks everyone, Yes Rhonda the car is appliqued.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 10:51 AM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

Quilt in a Day is having a sale today on  DVD's for $5.00!

http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/dvds.asp?pg=1

There is also several pages of fabric on sale for $3.00/yd.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 11:11 AM | Locked

I got an e-mail from Fabric.com that they have added a bunch of new fabric to their $1.95 a yard selection.  I need to go eat lunch now but after lunch - look out!  Not that I need any fabric but.......  well you know how it is. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 11:17 AM | Locked

Marge

I will have to go check that out.  I just got some fabric from them for the butterfly swap.  Now I will have to see what else they have that I just might have to get.....lol.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935
Pat Lancaster replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 11:52 AM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
I'm still learning the QuiltCut too and really, the more you use it, the more it makes sense.

Diane, I am just trying to decide if it is worth investing in. This was given to me and it is the original QuiltCut. I can upgrade to QuiltCut2 for about $70. I have considered getting the tips DVD but wasn't sure if it would work with the one  I have. I guess I should bite the bullet and order the upgrade. It's not like I have to eat next week. LOL! OK, you talked me into ordering the upgrade and the DVD. I can blame Diane for making me spend the money. ROFLOL!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 12:29 PM | Locked

Pat~

Ah, just another enabler! I think you'll like it once you use it. For me, I can finally cut straight!

Speaking of enablers. I am not going to look at Fabric.com.....I am not going to look at Fabric.com

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to fabric, com I go.....after the tax appt.

North of Boston MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 4:06 PM | Locked

I won!!! In the last couple of days I got three emails that I won giveaways on blogs.

I won the Florine Design Board...

NEW! Florine's Fabulous Board!

You can stick pins straight down into it! 

It's the perfect tool for precise work.

It's flat (not cushy).
It's portable.

Use in class for either appliqué or piecing. Do precision placement for fusing. Holds everything in place as you work.

Move piecing from place to place.

The board comes with corner protectors for traveling, with directions and pictures of its use.

I won a $25 gift certificate to Etsy site and some fabric goodies. I will share pics as they come in. How exciting! I knew I loved blogs!! I share giveways on my blog so watch for it.

http://gapquilter.blogspot.com

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 4:31 PM | Locked

Rhonda~

Congrats! You lucky duck!

North of Boston MA

Page 161 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 159 160 161 162 163 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use