Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 160 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 158 159 160 161 162 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 5:42 AM | Locked

Terri...beautiful quilts...is that car appliqued?

Barbara...how did you come up with Mimi? You may have posted that somewhere else but I either missed it or haven't gotten there yet.

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 5:46 AM | Locked

Wow guys, I go away for a few days and such beautiful quilts are posted and so much food is talked about, I am torn between hitting my sewing machine or my kitchen first.  I was at a fabulous Library Conference in Toronto over the weekend and am just catching up at work and home.  I still have not gotten to my sewing machine or my school work or the pool but that will change today, I have it all planned out.....right like that always helps LOL.  Before I left I did get my fall fabric swap quilt top finished well I still want to add one border but that will go quickly, I will try to fit a pic in of it tonight to post.  Have a great day all.

Paris, Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 480

Hello Ladies: My name is Marilyn, and I introduced myself last year and was welcome by many of you, but I had not joined any forums.  I'd like to join this thread of chit chat, and I hope that no one gets offended at the fact that I interject my comments along the way.  I would just like to get to know all of you little by little; and I cannot do this if I do not join any conversations.

If this platform is for a special group or specific people, please let me know, thank you very much for your help.

Warm regards,  Marilyn

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 7:27 AM | Locked

Welcome Marilyn  Feel free to join in on any of the conversation threads.  That's what they are here for.  I think the only place there are any restrictions are in groups where you have to join whatever group you would like to be a part of.  There again - if it strikes your fancy, just click on the "join this group" and  walla - you are part of it.  Now secret handshakes or initiation rites.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 7:36 AM | Locked

By the time Dave finishes his volunteer tax work, Darth and I will be old friends.  He has to take the laptop with him so for three days a week, I have to come in here and fire up Darth.  There are definitely some things here that are different than using the laptop but I will just fumble along so that I can play with all my friends out here.  :o) 

A bit later this morning, I will run up to LQS to make arrangements to get the quilting done on the MILs quilt.  Hopefully it won't take Wendy too long to get it done so I can work on the binding.  Then I will be able to post it so Darlene can see what I did with the blocks she sent me in my Secret Santa box.  Does anybody need me to pick anything up for them while I am at the quilt shop???  Have any of you seen the Fabric Addict design by Amy Bradley?  I picked it up the last time I was there.  I saw it on one of my forays with Joni and decided that I couldn't live without it.  :o)  It is four wall hangings and a tote bag.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 7:45 AM | Locked

OH MARGE!!! I love that Fabric Addict line! How cute....would you mind picking that up for me? hehehe

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:00 AM | Locked

Marilyn Rosario VanWagenen:

Hello Ladies: My name is Marilyn,

Welcome Marilyn! Nice to meet you!

Ok, I posted those fabric hearts and then gave directions... If at all possible, leave your opening on the seam rather than making a slit... it is a bugger to sew neatly anyway for me. Sewing a slip stitch on a folded seam is much easier. I ended up blanket stitching a little heart over the slit because mine turned out looking terrible. See these.

Before above: Finished below:

I have 4 done and 9 more to do today. So why am I sitting here? Oh well, I have them stuffed but the blanket stitches takes longer than it took me to stuff all 13 of them. Maybe I'll make one more so I have 14 for Valentine's Day!

Have a great day all! I need to read to catch up on some of the threads.

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:02 AM | Locked

Pat

The first set of 10 in blocks that I cut with the Quilt Cut I think I went about it the wrong way.  Last night I looked at it again and think I know the better way to do the next set I have to cut.  I like the Quilt Cut but do need to work a little more with it to get the best methods down.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:05 AM | Locked

Marilyn

Welcome again.  We would love to have you chat with us.  Comment anytime you want.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:09 AM | Locked

Ms Moommist

Your heart pincushions are precious.  I love the little hearts blanket stitched over the opening...so cute.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675
Prairie Dog replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:15 AM | Locked

What am I doing today?  

Starting at the "Crack of Stupid"  (9 am) I have been listening to saws, hammers, air compressors etc.   My kitchen has been totally cleared.  I have no sink, no counter top, no stove, no microwave, no cabinets, no floor, no wall between the kitchen and sewing room.  Just a lot of noise and dust.  There are plastic sheet walls up.  

I have a head cold.

Yesterday, I was in my first car accident.  I got rear ending because I actually stopped for the red light and Mr. Pickup wanted my space so he moved me.  I wasn't hurt but, wow, what an inconvenience this is going to be.  Oh, and Michigan is a no-fault state so we get to pay for it too.

In the words of my 6 year old granddaughter...."I wish fairy magic was real".   

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:20 AM | Locked

MoomMist~

Your hearts came out cute!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:22 AM | Locked

Terri~

Your quilts are great! So much talent here.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 9:25 AM | Locked

Prairie Dog

Sorry for your accident and I am glad you weren't hurt.   Can I just say that Michigan is a little ridiculous....why should I have to pay for an accident that wasn't my fault.....doesn't sound right to me.

Wow...I remember that remodeling stuff...hope it is completed quickly for you.  All the noise and dust is no fun.

I want some fairy dust too....It definitely should help.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 160 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 158 159 160 161 162 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use