Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 159 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 157 158 159 160 161 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 8 2011 5:07 PM | Locked

Richard

Thanks for the tip.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,381
Points 360,847
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 8 2011 5:11 PM | Locked

Another day at work. Had a little rush there now I'm in standby mode eating dinner (cafeteria food) and reading about all your mouth watering delights. Still trying to work out a way to visit you all for dinner etc.

Rhonda,

that quilt on the bed is quite lovely. Thanks for sharing the photo of your room. Don't be surprised if "someone" shows up at your door.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Tue, Feb 8 2011 5:14 PM | Locked

Nice work Rhonda!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,381
Points 360,847
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 8 2011 8:44 PM | Locked

Thanks for the reminder Richard.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Tue, Feb 8 2011 8:54 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Oh, the day is almost over, but I didn't want to miss the chance to say Happy Birthday to Pat and Carol.  I hope you both had a fun day of quilting or some other interesting endeavor. 

Thanks, everyone for the good wishes.  I told a local friend who called that I did what I wanted to today - hand quilting some, piecing some, reading quilty things, and then on to the computer.  Oh, yes, the same things I do every day anyway, most of the time!!  We have been snowed in on our mountain - snow is gone from the town, but we still have lots of it up here, and more to come tonight, they say.  Ok, so I"ll stay in and continure to do the things I like!! 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 180
Points 4,565
Terri replied on Tue, Feb 8 2011 9:45 PM | Locked

I have been sewing for days! so much so that I have not even gotten online. I was visiting quiltville.com and found the chunky churndash pattern, my daughter fell in love with it and insisted that I make it for her in purple! I have some blocks laid out here:

Today I started a car quilt for my brother-in-law. He wants it to gift to his father for his birthday.

Still have a lot of work to do on it but I got this far in 4 hours!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 8 2011 11:10 PM | Locked

Terri

Both of your quilts are beautiful.  I love Quiltville.  She has some really awesome patterns.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,466
Points 46,395
Pat Lancaster replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 4:55 AM | Locked

Thanks for all the Happy Birthday wishes. My bday was Monday so it was just another day at work. But, my family gave me a suprise party Sat. night that was lots of fun.

I finally tried out the Quilt Cut, but am not sure whether it is helpful or not. I needed to cut 72 10" squares for a swap and got them done. I don't think I used it quite like I was supposed to, but the squares are done so who's to complain. I was trying to watch the demo online while I was cutting and that probably wasn't real helpful. I have so many of these different tools that I really need to learn how to use. It's the quilter's curse "I MUST have it!!" Then it gathers dust at home. LOL!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 5:15 AM | Locked

Pat, happy belated birthday,  Ihad one last Month but didn't celebrate cause DOn was sick, but I did get a me present..I got my Janome 6600. Mimi. thats her name now. So today I'm gonna sit down and learn how to use her. ..I do hope your birthday was happy and you had some fun..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 5:17 AM | Locked

Terri, love your quilts they are gonna be so nice..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 5:30 AM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

Rhonda~Will we ever be able to quilt like that? Gorgeous.

Not if it requires me to hand quilt!! I just don't enjoy that...I don't think. Did I say that she made that on a treddle (sp?) machine? Well, she did. And she made all of her church clothes on one. And they were beautiful. The biggest problem is that she was also very frugal so she would cut up sheets and such for her backings and used blankets for her batting and they didn't hold up very well. That pink quilt is the reason I started quilting.

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 5:34 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Rhonda that is some beautiful hand quilting.  I love your four poster.

That bed was bought for DD room when we moved here but then she decided she needed a bigger bed so we painted the spare room bed to match hers and put the four poster in the spare room. Of course I persuaded her a great deal because I decided I wanted the bigger spare room for my sewing room which meant the bigger bed wouldn't fit in the smaller room. hehehe Of course this meant DH had to paint a bed but oh well. All in the name of quilting.

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 5:35 AM | Locked

Great quilts Terri

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 5:38 AM | Locked

Oh Kris I would love to have a quilting friend so please do!! Or whoever you might have been referring to LOL

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 35
Page 159 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 157 158 159 160 161 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use