Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 137 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 135 136 137 138 139 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 30 2011 7:45 PM | Locked

Gini Princess is beautiful! and very clever!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Sun, Jan 30 2011 8:52 PM | Locked

gini:
*** is not a happy orchardist. 

Gini I was litterally laughing out loud when I read your post. When we moved to TN DD wanted...wait, begged, her dad to become an orchardist. We laughed at her because we didn't think that was a real word. We have teased her about that for almost 2 years. When I read that to her she squeeled with delight...See, I told you it was a word!!!

Thank you for the giggle I needed.

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,343
Points 414,749
gini replied on Sun, Jan 30 2011 9:01 PM | Locked

rhonda, i treat language  pretty fluidly.  did you know that there were no dictionaries in shakespeare's time.  a lot of written words show up for the first time in his works.  centuries from now they will be mining these posts for new words and we'll be famous    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,343
Points 414,749
gini replied on Sun, Jan 30 2011 9:08 PM | Locked

do you know where the word orchard originated.   ort means garden and  cheard or geard  meant yard.   garden yard.  i see an orchard in bloom when i think of it. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 30 2011 9:13 PM | Locked

Marge, an airport?  No way!  Airplane noise will not be conducive to a quiet afternoon of quilting.  On your next long walk, you should start looking for evidence of some threatened or endangered bird or amphibian that will be harmed by the building of an airport.  We'll start a petition to some animal advocacy group.  Or better yet, members of QCA could lobby for laws to protect the sanctity of sewing environments!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,842
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 30 2011 9:52 PM | Locked

Gini,

the princess did a perfect moose imitation. She's adorable.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 6:05 AM | Locked

Ugh today is the day I must pay the bills. Tomorrow is the first (pay day) so if I pay the bills today I am not tempted to do anything naughty with the money LOL. I also have to work today at least for a couple hours. Then I have some FMQ to practice and a couple of blocks to finish for the Kaleidoscope quilt. If I can get those things accomplished then it will be a productive day. Oh and I have a load or two of laundry to put away (my least favorite step) but that isn't priorty LOL. I sure do hate paying bills yuck!!

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 8:16 AM | Locked

Gini - the princess makes a darling little moosette. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 8:23 AM | Locked

Its raining today...I shouldn't complain because we really need the rain, but compared to the last couple of days, the rain is a bit of a disappointment.  Need to get to the bank early then I'll hit the SheCave.  I want to get use to the sewing machine.  I haven't used the Grandquilter in many years...it sews a lot faster than my Bernina.  Need to get my granddaughters quilt top finished...I that needs done is the boarders.  I was thinking early this morning that I might like to make some prayer shawls..hmmmmm.  Have a wonderful day my quilty friends!

Cindy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 8:24 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
On your next long walk, you should start looking for evidence of some threatened or endangered bird or amphibian that will be harmed by the building of an airport

Nancy - our land has been officially designated a "certified wildlife habitat" by the National Wildlife Federation.  Since we are just under the proposed flight path and not right next door to the airport location, we probably can't play that card.  :o{  The current airport isn't THAT busy but I know that they are hoping that building one with a longer runway will attract more traffic.  It is sorta hard from the map to figure out exactly where the property starts.  I am hoping that it's a few miles away so the planes won't be buzzing right over head.  When wwe first moved to Georgia, we were under one of the flight paths for Hartsfield / Jackson Airport!  At certain times of the day, one after another big jet would be coming over the house and we were probably 10 miles from the airport.  Where I worked, we were less than two miles from the airport and I could watch them come in all day from my window. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,545
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 10:03 AM | Locked

UGH!! Monday is here with a vengance. I woke up with a head cold. Can't seem to get more then a few steps away from the tissue box this morning. 

The sub-zero has returned (-22 as of now,  sunrise warmed things up a bit). My birdies were at the feeders complaining about there empty state as soon as I got up (The deer dumped them last night).

I drove the kidlets to school, of course, and there was a long line of cars in front of the school as other parents were doing the same thing. We really should arrange a car-pool system for days like this...

When I got home the fireplace was smoking up the house and the smoke detectors were setting up an aweful racket. Hubby has tinitous so he doesn't hear them. He went on blissfully sleeping right through it.

By the time i got back to my coffee, it was cold.  I'd used the very last of my 1/2 &1/2 in that cup...

And then, on top of everything,  dear Rhonda has to go and remind us all that it's bill day!! I woulda cheerfully forgotten that little fact for a few more hours. But NO-O! She can't let it go. By now she's gotten all of hers done and has gone on to more pleasant things, but the day is just beginning here and I still have to face it.  Hrmmphh.

(Rhonda- I hope you realize that was all writen with a smile and no harm intended)

On the bright side, My friend's hens have been laying up a storm and she's buried in fresh eggs. Guess who just got a dozen!! Mmmmm. Breakfast is gonna be yummy. Grocery store eggs always seem so pale and puney in compairison.

Have a super day, everybody!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 700
Lady the Lab replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 10:06 AM | Locked

Hi there--I am still looking for that wonderful soul who posted the website that showed several ways to design borders. The website was red and taupe when loaded and had MARVELOUS ideas. I'm sure we could all benefit from a reposting of this site. Have a good day--I just loaded a quilt on my quilting machine! I'm off to quilt. Molly

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 11:01 AM | Locked

Richard - 7500 yards of fabric?  That's unbelievable.  Perhaps you should just open your own quilt shop.   Post some photos of all that fabric and starting selling!

Good luck on your sewing room "re-org"!

Kim

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 11:02 AM | Locked

But Richard think of all the neat things that you will find that have been forgotten.  Enjoy your day.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 137 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 135 136 137 138 139 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use