Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 108 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 106 107 108 109 110 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,262
Points 134,988
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:05 PM | Locked

Rhonda,

I will add you to my prayer list.

Do you have to have a bread machine to make these rolls successfully?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:06 PM | Locked

Stephanie:
LOL. Pickle puss and Pepper puss are patterns from a collection called Garden Patch Cats. They are all adorable and everyone has such cute  names to reflect the vegetable "cat" they are. Way too cute.

OK I looked them up and you are right they are cute!! LOL Boy my mind went totally somewhere else with those two names hehehe

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:08 PM | Locked

Stephanie:

Rhonda,

I will add you to my prayer list.

Do you have to have a bread machine to make these rolls successfully?

Thank you for adding me to your prayer list...I always need prayer!

I am not sure about the bread machine. I have never tried any other way because this is the only way I know how to make bread LOL

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,117
Points 28,385
Wendy replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:10 PM | Locked

Lordy be!!! I leave you guys for two days and there are 239 posts in my in-box.!!! I will have to see if I can catch up. I hope everyone is having as good a week end as I am. We had our "Winter Refresher" at church today. I spent last night with some of the women of our church preparing the food for today, and I spent  today running the kitchen.  The speaker was  just wonderful.

God Bless

Wendy

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:48 PM | Locked

Gini, great photos!  The view is amazing - almost makes me want to learn how to downhill ski.  Say, why didn't you pass your camera off to the girls so they could get a picture of you???

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,835
Susan Smith replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 9:04 PM | Locked

Gini...I so wanted to see you in your snow suit..great pics , I love the scenery!!..lol  

I also get confused on MA & ME  do not feel bad.. I also get confused when they print NE...meaning New England and not Ne as Nebraska..

Susan.....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,262
Points 134,988
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 9:37 PM | Locked

Wendy,

Your Winter Refresher sounds wonderful. It sounds like a great time to spend time with the ladies at church and have a wonderful speaker.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 9:54 PM | Locked

Stephanie:
Had the doctor known she had this rare condition she would most likely be here today.

Stephanie,

I am so sorry for your and your DH's loss.  It's too bad they didn't know she had this rare condition so they could have saved her. She was so very young. At least we have special memories of our loved ones which can never be taken from us.

That's the problem w/ heart disease it is the silent killer.  The doctors tell me I did not inherit it from my mother-she had a totally different heart problem than I do-wierd, huh?  But you know they don't know how I got this-its a mystery! Perhaps you are right- perhaps there's some genes I got from my mother that just decided to pop out!

God Bless you also.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 9:58 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
I am pleased to announce that Darth is back home

Marge,

I am doing a Happy Dance to have my Georgia connection back. I missed you.  Go hide the Darth from everyone but you. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 10:19 PM | Locked

Nana:

Marge

Mac will be famous or infamous depending on the day and Ms Cricket whether his picture is in the avatar or not.

Hey everybody,

Ms Cricket here.  All the furbabies are famous! Yes, everyone of us. We were thinking of doing our own calendar and selling it to you all because frankly is there any cuter furbabies in the world than on QCA?  The pics that are posted here are proof enough.  We may have to have two calendars --one for the kittys too.  There are so many beautiful kittys on QCA it just wouldn't be fair if they didn't have their own calendar.  And then what about the other animals? Another calendar? Probably so!

I am loving the latest pics of my friends Pancho and Jax playing tug of war?  I kinda think Pancho was winning at this game! Did you see Angel in the snow? Cool pic for the winter months. so many great pics for our calendar.  We have so many furbabies I think a 16 month calendar would be great, but will have to ask the others what they want to do.  Trust me-they will want to chat this up!  And the kitty pics we have had lately-omg-I tell you they are the most gorgeous kittys I have ever seen in my life. 

And Mac will always be famous... as will Autumn and Trixie and Ms. Callie and Charlie and Pancho,and Angel, oh, my.. need I go on-- all the furbabies are famous because they belong to QCA moms and dads!  Yea Baby-

Somebody please call an emergency meeting of the furbabies, while I go shampoo my hair for the calendar--I am hoping I can get in it.  There is so much competition. And I am only a poodle. : )

Hugs to all,

Ms. Cricket

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 10:50 PM | Locked

Rhonda Laws:
Another thing I do is wrap my heating pad around a rolling pin that will often help too.

Rhonda

That rolling pin is kinda scary if you have a migrane too. That's all you need is to hit yourself w/ it or something-no pun intended. Really. I remember them selling these fabric things filled with rice you heated in the microwave and people loved them because you could mold them to the part of your body that hurt-knee-neck etc. I think i will make me one!

so I searched and found you directions to make one- !

Make a Rice Filled Heating Pad

Grain-filled heating pads have become quite popular in health food stores, gifts shops and at craft bazaars. But they are often quite costly. Here is a set of simple and thrifty instructions to make your own rice-filled heating pad using scraps of fabric you may already have on hand.

Rice-Filled Heating Pads

Supplies:

Small amount of patterned fabric of your choice (1/4 yd. would be PLENTY), prewashed and preshrunk
Small amount of white cloth, such as muslin (1/4 yd. would be PLENTY)
Iron
Straight pins
Thread to match your fabric
White thread
Scissors
Ruler -or- a measuring tape and anything with a straight edge
Rice, 1 ½  cups

Instructions:

From the printed fabric cut one rectangle that is 5" x 13".  Cut two rectangles that are 5" x 8" each.  On a smaller rectangle, turn down a short edge about 3/8" to 1/4" and press with iron.  Turn down fold once more and press again.  Using matching thread, top stitch fold to create hem.  Repeat with other short rectangle.

Place larger rectangle, right side up, on table and then place one short rectangle, right side down on top of it, with the unfinished short side to the left, lined up with an unfinished short side of the larger rectangle.  This should place the hemmed edge of the small rectangle about 7 1/2" away from the right end of the long rectangle.  Pin in place. 

Place other short rectangle right side down on top of both rectangles, with the unfinished short side to the right, lined up with the unfinished short side of the larger rectangle.  This should place the hemmed edge of the top rectangle about 7 1/2" away from the pinned left end of the previous two pieces of fabric.  Pin in place.

Stitch all the way around the pinned rectangles, using a 1/4" seam allowance.  Because these items will get a lot of handling, I have been reinforcing these seams with a zigzag stitch over the straight stitching.  Once all four sides have been stitched, trim corners slightly and turn the cover right side out and use the point of the scissors or a knitting needle to push out the corners.  Press with iron.  The result should look something like a small, long pillow sham.

From the white cloth cut two rectangles, 5" x 13" each.  If the fabric has a "right" side, place the rectangles right sides together.  Using white thread, sew down one long side, across a short side and down the other long side. Use about a 1/2" seam allowance on this inner bag so that it will be slightly smaller than the cover. (Because these will get a lot of handling I've been going over my straight stitch with a zigzag stitch to reinforce the seams.)  Once the three sides have been sewn, fill the sleeve with rice as desired. A canning jar funnel works very well for this.  It should have plenty, but not be so full that the bag is no longer able to be molded around neck, arm, leg, etc.  Carefully tuck in the edges of the final side and sew the sleeve shut, again making a reinforced seam.

Carefully insert the filled rice bag into the cover.  To use, heat the bag, with or without the cover on, in the microwave for a minute or so.  The cover may be removed and washed.  The inside rice bag should not be washed, but it will last for quite a long time.  However, it will probably become discolored from repeated heatings.  The rice will also take on cooked, kind of nutty aroma.  (Some people also put lavender buds in with the rice, but I have not tried this.)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 10:52 PM | Locked

Gini

The pics are so pretty.  That scenery is amazing and the "girls" are really sweet.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 10:55 PM | Locked

gini:
i got to spend the morning skiing with two of my favorite girls.

Gini

Beautiful pics-Gorgeous girls-Lucky, Lucky You!  So much snow. Unbelievable.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 11:02 PM | Locked

Richard L:
seeking help with my wife's alzheimers

Richard

I am so sorry to hear about your wife. Alzheimers is such an ugly disease.  You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.
Your first bargello-how exciting-they are beautiful quilts. I cannot wait to see yours.

Take care,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 11:03 PM | Locked

Marlene

You can also sprinkle some oil of peppermint on the rice.   It really makes it smell good and also helps if you have a cold.  Supposedly the odor of peppermint is also supposed to help headaches but I have no idea if it is true or not.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 108 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 106 107 108 109 110 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use