Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 79 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 6:54 AM | Locked

Barbara, you are in my prayers. This has been such a difficult journey for you.   I know many of us wish we could be there physically and give you more than emotional support.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 6:59 AM | Locked

Barbara - What a difficult decision to make.  My heart goes out to you.  You and Don remain in my prayers.  I am confident that somehow things will all work out for you. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 7:23 AM | Locked

Man - was I having a frustrating morning.  I was up early to get ready to go to my sew day.  I was having trouble with this site last night -- kept freezing up or dumping me out and giving me error messages.  Earlier this morning when I wanted to type a post, I was having to hit every letter multiple times to get it to take.  It must have taken me almost 10 minutes to write that short post to Barbara.  I finally shut the compter off in frustration.  Later, when DH got up, he suggested trying the site on the big computer to see if it was site related or if the laptop was wearing out.  Worked fine there so he sent me back to the laptop to try again.  Now it is working fine.  So was it me, the computer being onery or was the site having issues.  I don't know but I am just happy to be able to post without pulling any hair out.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,607
Points 178,453
Marie replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:56 AM | Locked

Barbara, my heart goes out to you.  You've made the right decision.  Your DH needs the care that only a nursing facility can provide.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  God Bless. 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 9:19 AM | Locked

Rhonda , DOn has prostrate cancer and is probably now in the final stages,We didn't even know he had it till he had some bood work done 2 years ago and by the time we did it was to late it had already started spreading. He was ready for this and knew it was going to happen , I just didn't know it was going to happen this quickly. they fear now that it has started to spread to his brain ,its already started up his spine . I know that his time with us is growing very short , That I accept ,It was not being able to care for him that was hard ..I'm much better today , after getting some rest and realize I really tried ,it was just out of my power to do any more ..I hope all is well with your loved ones and will say a prayer for you and them...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:17 AM | Locked

Marge

I think the site was having some issues.  I kept having problems yesterday too.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,494
gini replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:18 AM | Locked

Nana:

I think the site was having some issues.  I kept having problems yesterday too.

me too    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:20 AM | Locked

Barbara

When you were telling us about some of the issues Don has been having with confusion and combativeness and overall personality type changes I wondered if maybe his cancer had spread to the brain.  You remain in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 7:10 PM | Locked

Barbara, i'm glad you got a little rest. from the sounds of things you aren't going to be getting much, even now that don has full time care.  i can only imagine what this is like for you. ((Hugs))

The George Foreman virus (named on account of it's stubborn tenacity) has let me have a break today. As long as I was feeling better, I started work on a dress for the baby. I bought the sweetest pale pink micro-print with roses and apple blossoms on it at Walmart. I'm using this pattern http://www.simplicity.com/p-4994-babies-vintage-layette.aspx  but modified it so that instead of gathers at the yoke it is smocked. The smocking went amazingly fast on such a tiny garment. There were only about 100 pleats, and 3 rows to work.  I decided to monogram the front. It wasn't until I had the yoke sewed in place that I realised that i had cut out the front yoke up-side-down! It wouldn't have mattered without the monogram.... ARGH!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 7:13 PM | Locked

OH CC. I'm sorry all that work

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,610
Wendy replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 7:24 PM | Locked

My crazy friend Mary took me to the show today for my Birthday.We went and saw Tourist. with Johnny Depp and Angelina JoLie. It was true Johnny.   It was good.

Now I am goig to quilt.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 7:25 PM | Locked

Barbara

I am also a retired nuse and I can tell you that you have nothing to feel guilty about.  Your Don has reached a point of needing 24 hour care and no one person can do that.  You have done the best thing to assure he gets proper care. Had you not done this you or he could have been hurt.  We all feel like we have to "do something" when a loved one is ill. Sometimes the only thing we can do is to be at thier side no matter where the physical place is.  Please get some rest, then go spend some time with your DH, even if it seems he does not know you, deep down he will know you are there.    I will keep you both in my prayers.  Is he in a hospice facility or a nursing home?

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 7:50 PM | Locked

Ganny M , thanks for the kind words , this facilty has both  but Don is a Hospice  client. Private Pay. I went to see him twice today and he looked good . Confused but good. the last visit he just wanted to be left alone and I really don't think he even know he was taking to me , I didn't take it personel. I know he''s in good hands.

Nana, in answer to your question , the Doctors and staff strongly suspect  that the cancer has spread to his brain. He has just had to rapid of a change and is now on 10 Lts of O2. So hypoxia is a very stong possiblilty.  I did get good rest today and other then a slight cold I feel much better.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:31 PM | Locked

Once again, I missed a day and missed a lot.  Barbara, it's been such a roller coaster for you, but you sound better in these last few messages.  I sighed with relief when you announced the difficult decision you had had to make. I was so worried about you shouldering all that yourself.  I'm very glad that Don is in good hands and that they'll be able to keep him comfortable as he goes through this difficult journey.  Take care of yourself and know that a lot of friends online are sending warm hugs.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:15 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Once again, I missed a day and missed a lot.
  I missed about two weeks, so I'm really behind. But I have been reading the posts, just not sending any.  We decided to go to Texas to be with the kids for Christmas, and for the youngest GD's birthday, so didn't come back til the new year, and trying to catch up with everything since then!  Working a little every day on the RRCB mystery - that step 7 was a doozy, and now step 8 is out, I'm almost done with 7.  Been doing only a little each day, cause not been feeling well, more than a cold, but not too bad if it was flu, I did have my flu shot early, so kept it from being too bad, I guess.  Glad to read up on everyone now - my daughter hasn't been able to get internet, so missed a lot even to I have a laptop, only time I used it was in motels on the way.  Strange, she lives in San Antonio and can't get service, and here we are on a mountaintop in Arkansas and can get DSL.  We get it from the phone company, and AT&T tells her she is too far from a service center at this time.  She's looking into another method, but expensive.    Anyway, glad to be back to my internet and my sewing room, feeling better so maybe I can do more now.

Page 79 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use