Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 55 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 7:36 PM | Locked

Gini, I remember seeing the picture you posted of your stash, It was  massive.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 8:32 PM | Locked

gini:
uh, em, my stash is at least as large as helly's, i have posted pictures, i'm kinda glad they got lost somewhere on here,

Sounds like a challenge.  Who can find the photo of Gini's stash and repost it here?

So I'll assume you're looking to make a lot of scrappy quilts this year?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,324
gini replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 9:12 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

So I'll assume you're looking to make a lot of scrappy quilts this year?

ooh, nooo, not necessarily, i have large enough pieces that i don't need to make them scrappy.  although they are my second favorite kind of quilt.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,324
gini replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 9:18 PM | Locked

Leslie :
you posted of your stash, It was  massive.

leslie, massive?  how 'bout really big?   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,835
Susan Smith replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 9:42 PM | Locked

Gini...for us newcomers/newbies   do you still have that pic ...could you repost it???? Pleassssse!!!

Susan.....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,324
gini replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 9:50 PM | Locked

i'll see if it is in my blog.  if not i'll take another picture   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,324
gini replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 9:56 PM | Locked

the pic was probably in the posts that were removed from here, i don't know if they can be retrieved.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 11:17 PM | Locked

Gini, I remember, seeing lots of fabric, and no floors wall or ceiling lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Sun, Jan 2 2011 4:36 AM | Locked

Yep we could all come to your house and "help" you get rid of some fabric. You could go through it and sell some then buy something else, like a long arm if you don't have one. LOL

I keep being asked by someone I know to make a quilt with her. Trouble is her idea is to use my fabric and none of her own. She is also pretty slapdash with her work and I am not so I don't think it would work anyway as I like to do the best I can and accept what I can't do, and her's is to make the most difficult thing as quickly as possible and just accept all the mistakes as a learning curve. The problem for me is these are major mistakes caused by carelessness and it is just not the way I work so I told her I don't want to make a quilt with anyone as I have so many UFOs to finish and so many ideas of my own.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hampshire, England

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,900
Marilyn B replied on Sun, Jan 2 2011 5:19 AM | Locked

gini:
when my studio falls into the first floor from the weight of all my fabric 
You guys are a hoot.  I can totally empathize with you gini. I too am on the second floor and have put my fabric stash up against the supporting wall LOL.   I have driven past several fabric stores with sales this past week and I even picked up thread in one without getting fabric.  My goal over the last 2 weeks was to get mq3, sbs blocks, 2 scrub shirts and a lab coat finished and I did it!  I finished the sbs blocks yesterday and did them all 140 blocks from stash only buying a bit of background when I ran out.  I did the back of mq3 from stash as well.  I still have shelves of fabric and bins of scrap and took 2 large bags of bits into the school for the home ec dept (they make nine patch pillow tops).  I refuse to buy more until I finish the 4 UFOs waiting for my next burst of energy....well except I need some backing for sbs ...well maybe I can find something in my stash but it has to be nice....ok who am I kidding I will hit the stores next paycheck LOL.

Paris, Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,308
Points 254,959
Barbara replied on Sun, Jan 2 2011 7:03 AM | Locked

HI everyone,update on Don. Still in hospital.I spent new years eve,with him and we drank a little toast. We just had that Sparking red grape juice.Kinda good  actually. Looks like he is gonna be there for several more days. Still have problems with short  term memory and has allot of difficulty forming a sentence. and they make no sense, Neurology is going to come and see him. they think that the low blood pressure and the blood lost might have effected his brain.some. He is very weak and is having a very difficult time moving about cause his back is so very painful. One of his iv's infiltrated and now is left arm is a mess .All red and swollen .His doctor started him on some antibiotics for the arm and warm compresses, yesterday he was running a low grad fever. I will go up and see him around noon today and spend several hours with him , but I like to get home before dark .At this time I'm not sure what is gonna happen. I need to get his bedroom moved to the extra room downstairs  and  I need to find someone to help me do it .No way I can move all this stuff myself. I'm gonna talk to social service  tomarrow and see if they can recommend some one to give me a hand in this..I'm doing good I finally got some of  Elm Creek Novels , the first seven books and I'm hooked ,so i'm doing okay. I'll keep everyone posted ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 2 2011 7:28 AM | Locked

BarbaraI will be keeping you and Don in my prayers. Wish I was there I could help you move it all.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,273
Points 35,215
Granny M replied on Sun, Jan 2 2011 7:46 AM | Locked

jay-marie :

Let me know what you have decided are your New Year resolutions.

Been wondering what happened to you.  Hope you had a good holiday.  there is a whole thread on resolutions.  I few think they can go the year without buying fabric, ha we'll see how that works out.  Personally I am emptying my scrap bag, I have two and they are full, have already started with quilt I am calling Strings of my heart.  It will have string blocks, and applique confetti hearts.  Took me three days to sort through the scraps, so I only have three of the string blocks done.

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 2 2011 7:50 AM | Locked

Marilyn B:
ok who am I kidding I will hit the stores next paycheck LOL

Marilyn - I made a JoAnns run last week because I had an extra 20% off coupon that was going to expire.  I checked the holiday clearance fabrics.  If there was some Hannakah fabric, I was going to get it for you but they were out.  :o(  I'll let you know when I see some later this year.  If you can't find any and need some then, just say the word and I'll take care of you.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,273
Points 35,215
Granny M replied on Sun, Jan 2 2011 7:51 AM | Locked

Nana:

Gee Gini

Due to safety issues I will be glad to take some of that stash off your hands.  I wouldn't want you to get hurt or anything.

I am with Nana, safety first, just parcel it out to us and we will take good care of it.

Granny M

Page 55 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.