Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 54 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 1:13 PM | Locked

gini:
i've made it twelve hours, not so bad, huh. 

woo hoo you go girl!!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 1:17 PM | Locked

Gini,

Does this mean that for 365 days one of us gets to ask how you are doing on that resolution.

Words of encouragement might be better than sarcasm. Oh what was I thinking what fun would that be.

I actually did go a year without buying fabric, but it was when DH was out of work and it was better to have food on the table than Fabric in my cupboard.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 1:21 PM | Locked

Wendy:

Does this mean that for 365 days one of us gets to ask how you are doing on that resolution.

yes, do.  it'll help keep me on track   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 1:31 PM | Locked

Gini, you go girl!  Another 12 and you'll have only 364 days to go.  LOL  Wow that sounds mean and I didn't mean it to.  The devil made me do it!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 2:15 PM | Locked

Marie:
Another 12 and you'll have only 364 days to go.  LOL  Wow that sounds mean and I didn't mean it to.  The devil made me do it!
it didn't sound mean, just keeping me on track.        :  )   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 3:58 PM | Locked

Gini are you serious!!!!!!!! I could never do that and why do you want to LOL.

Hampshire, England

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 4:10 PM | Locked

Yes, why???  Now someone with a stash like Helly's could get away with it, but you've never shown us a collection like that.  Do you anticipate sewing less?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 4:12 PM | Locked

Nancy

Even if I had a stash like Helly's I would have a really hard time going a whole year without buying fabric.  It is just plain unnatural....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 4:25 PM | Locked

Wow .. not buying fabric for one whole year... yikes.. not unless Im soooo broke ...lol... even last year when we were going through a very tough time financially, I bought a couple of things ... Its like a sickness.... Unlike my bad headaches, This fabric buying sickness I love...lol..

Kelley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 4:26 PM | Locked

Very nice quilt top Nana.. So qiuck too...lol.. your amazing...

Kelley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 4:42 PM | Locked

Leslie :
I was in bed sawing logs by 9:30.

I wasn't quite that bad Leslie.  I did stay up to almost 11.  Worst part was that I was wide awake at 4:30 this morning.  Finally gave up and got up.  Took a shower, fed the cats, ate breakfast and started on the "undecorating". It would have gone a lot quicker without help from two certain little four legged critters who will remain nameless and finally got ejected to the screened porch.  Got it done!!!!!  The holiday season is officially over at our house.  :o(  Looks so bare.  Neko is wandering around looking for his big "toy".  He has resumed his position of lying sprawled on the coffee table with my DCUK, Sam. And yes, it is spelled DCUK.  You can check them out on the internet.  Dave bought Sam for me in one of the Riverwalk shops in Wilmington NC.  All of their Dcuks are named and at the time we had a cat named Samantha so I had to have the one named Sam.   

I indulged myself and just ordered ALL 14 of the Garden Patch Cats patterns.  If she releases more, I will have to get them.  I am thinking about putting them all together in a quilt.  I haven't done any sewing (yet) today.  I did sew up a bunch of fleece blankets for Project Linus.  Am also getting my "kits" ready to take to guild on Weds. to make pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer center.  I found some good boy prints hidden deep in my stash...... one with boats and lighthouses and one with old time cars.  When I was at JoAnn's on Thurs. I found some blue with a subtle start patten to it that matched both fabrics to make the cuffs.     

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935
Pat Lancaster replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 6:31 PM | Locked

Today is the first day I have felt like doing much in quite a while. It was supposed to get up in the 70s today. That is so much better than what we have been having. the cold weather has just made me feel like a slug. I would never survive what some of you are going through! I cleaned house, did some grocery shopping and finished the next 5 FWS blocks. Now I am exhaused. LOL, I really need to learn to pace myself. I thought about quilting MQ2, but thinking is all I did. Some day I will get back to it.  Hope everyone had a good start to the new year! Happy quilting!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 6:52 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Yes, why???  Now someone with a stash like Helly's could get away with it, but you've never shown us a collection like that.  Do you anticipate sewing less?

uh, em, my stash is at least as large as helly's, i have posted pictures, i'm kinda glad they got lost somewhere on here, and i could sew from now til the end of the decade and not run out.,   heck i could sew on ufos from now til the end of the decade and only use backings out of my stash.     my daughter was talking about getting a "cleansing for her body '  this month so she will be healthier.   i thought a cleansing of my stash would be healthy for me.  i'm on the second floor of an old building and i'm sure it won't be too healthy for me,  when my studio falls into the first floor from the weight of all my fabric     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 7:08 PM | Locked

Gee Gini

Due to safety issues I will be glad to take some of that stash off your hands.  I wouldn't want you to get hurt or anything.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Sat, Jan 1 2011 7:19 PM | Locked

Gini... We are all so concerned for your saftey that we will all love  to help you with your too much stash problem...lol...

Page 54 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use